Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Can't think we'd seriously be considering Wilson at the price suggested.
  • 45 is Grady’s number.

No deal, Rav
  • Talk about signing players who want to play for us, Fornals, who’s not due to meet up until next week, flew to London to look at the stadium.
  • I think we’ll still get Gomez. SSN are utterly clueless. They’re just hopelessly going backwards and forwards without knowing a thing.
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like Gomez could be ours...

Yet again I allow Lukerz to raise my spirits only to once more crash back down to Earth with a bump.

One of these days I will learn

:biggrin:
  • I think Yarmo has the skill set to play up top. I don't think Arnie is a better player than him.
  • Talk about signing players who want to play for us, Fornals, who’s not due to meet up until next week, flew to London to look at the stadium.

I saw that.

I did wonder if he hadn't flown to London to sort out his accommodation and so on, and thought he'd have a look at the stadium at the same time. Or maybe his player liaison offer arranged to meet hm there.

I'm not reading too much into it.
  • alderz said:

45 is Grady’s number.

And 54-46 is Toots Hibbert's number.

• We could probably get Bale for 50 mil...
  • According to tTransfermarkt Yarmolenko has played as a centre forward four times in 376 appearances and has scored once, for Borussia Dortmund against Bayern Munich in the German Cup, 20 December 2017.

Antonio seems a better option, 26 out of 360 for 5 goals but not ideal.
  • Interesting.

So, in recent times, the big 6. Plus Leicester the year the flukily won the league, and Everton.
  • Saw that earlier Hamsterz. Shocking stat, that.

I think we've had the players to do it. Ashton was one, before Wright-Phillips ( :angry:) ruined him. I think Sakho was capable too, had he not gone off the rails.
  • If I was Gomez I would want to stay in Spain as it’s a lot warmer out there, the summers are better, you could probably have a convertible car and get some use out of it, and the trains can get you somewhere near the stadium.
  • And some of the riojas arnt bad either
  • Plus he won't get shown up by Lanzini
  • edited July 2019
    We could do a lot worse than go for Mario Balotelli.
  • Hamstew said:

Plus he won't get shown up by Lanzini

loss?

• Lukerz, we could also do a hell of a lot better.
  • Balotelli
    No thanks
  • edited July 2019

Lukerz, we could also do a hell of a lot better.

Examples?

Someone with a better goal-scoring record than him? 150 goals in 350 games, only 28, a goal every other game for his country & free?

We get him & Rondon in, keep Hernandez. That would be that sorted. Splash the rest on a CM.
  • Another nightmare waiting to happen imo
  • We have had enough high drama players thank you
  • Balotelli seems to be a marmite type of player...

I'm going on the side that will ignore his drama and take his 20 goals a season for us (for the season he'll be here of course)
  • What's Batshuayi's deal at the moment?
  • What's Batshuayi's deal at the moment?

I seriously hope we leave that well alone. He clearly doesn't want to come to us. Don't rate him personally anyway.
  • Lukerz, Just 3 off the top of my head Haller, Mateta or Marega. That isn’t going for the higher profile ones like Dembele. Batshauyi has already turned us down before so he obviously doesn’t like us!
  • edited July 2019
    Can I ask why so many are against Balotelli? There seems to be a suggestion he is bad news? What is that based on?
  • Have you seen the video of the guy on the bike driving into the sea or the story about him letting fireworks off when at Manchester City?
This discussion has been closed.