Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Doesn't say they are in Valencia. :hmm:
  • I really don't like football agents FIFA UEFA need to change the way transfers are done so they stop sucking vast amounts of money out of the game. I get the impression they are clearly using our interest to push Valencia's terms up as that is where Gomez really wants to go :puzzled:
  • edited July 2019
    and who else might they represent who may interest Valencia? :hmm:
  • #clutchingatstraws
  • BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand the deal to take Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez to West Ham United is off.

West Ham offered the £45m release clause to the Spanish club but could not agree a payment structure.

Gomez is now closing in a move to Valencia. He is expected in Spain tomorrow to finalise the move.

Valencia have offered cash plus players to seal his signature

Now where do we turn?
  • Hopefully to someone who wants to join us
  • Just pay the money , another we are trying to sign big honest but end up with Benny mc burger boy again
  • But if the SKY report is true then we haven't even got agreement from his club, so what he wants is somewhat irrelevant.
  • So a pound a week and a packet of gobstoppers not attractive as an offer it seems, but they did try
  • I think most clubs our size would struggle to pay £45mil upfront
  • He's not the only striker in the world.

In Pelle (+Husillos) I trust.

I also like that there's still not been a single word from anyone at the club about this - no mouthing off, or big talk. Or hints of announcements to come, etc.

Pellegrini wanted Anderson last summer, Anderson arrived. Pellegrini wants Fornals this summer, Fornals arrives. Pellegrini wanted a new keeper last summer, Lukas Fabianski arrived. Pellegrini wanted a new centre back, Fabian Balbuena arrived.

All without a song and dance, apart from what the gossip mill can create.
  • I really don't like football agents FIFA UEFA need to change the way transfers are done so they stop sucking vast amounts of money out of the game.

They are successful at transferring vast amounts of money into their clients' pockets. Which is, after all, their point.

I can't see any legal way you could stop a player appointing a representative to negotiate on his behalf.
  • You could always break his thumbs Mrs G. Oh did you say legal? :biggrin:
  • I thought FIFA we looking into making transfers more transparent but then again that's like asking a arsonist to looks after your can of petrol whilst you are out :lol:
    Wishful thinking that maybe we could control the amount of power agents have.

Looking forward to 800 new links to strikers on Newsnow in the next hour :lol:
  • edited July 2019

Just pay the money , another we are trying to sign big honest but end up with Benny mc burger boy again

I think you are being very harsh.

(If the press reports are true) West Ham have met the release clause - a figure which our highest ever transfer fee (paid for Anderson last year).

It's not like they are offering less than the release fee and a couple of dead wood players to make up the balance, like Valencia is.
  • But the release clause in Spain has to be met in full and lodged with La Liga. We appear to have agreed to the £45m value of the release clause but are negotiating instalments. That is not meeting the release clause.
  • I think most clubs our size would struggle to pay £45mil upfront

I agree but it has been reported that we got Arnies fee paid in full so maybe we are 'only' looking for £22-23m.
  • Problem is everyone now knows we are willing to spend 45m on a striker and have now sold our previous #1 striker so will be desperate.

Good luck Husillos and the Daves :thumbsup: :wave:
  • We need to quickly move on.
  • Lets hope whilst all this saga has been going on we have actually been working in the background on signing a couple of decent strikers. :pray:
  • I think some fans will be desperate but I don't think Pelle will be.
  • edited July 2019
    IronHerb said:

But the release clause in Spain has to be met in full and lodged with La Liga. We appear to have agreed to the £45m value of the release clause but are negotiating instalments. That is not meeting the release clause.

I think it might be a bit more complicated than that.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/buy-out-clauses-how-they-work-spanish-football

Sometimes the buyout clause is bigger than the buyout clause :hmm: Depending on how it's calculated.

And it's the player who lodges the money with La Liga?

But if the player doesn't want to come to us, then he won't co-operate?
  • Its been a cunning ploy we distract everyone with endless Gomez talk whilst agent Husillos has been working on other transfers in secret :wahoo:
  • Personally I'm not that bothered. I don't even know if the guy is any good. It's just that it's dragged on so long and this sort of thing has happened before.
  • :hmm:If they want players as part of any deal ,we have plenty :biggrin:
  • IronHerb said:

But the release clause in Spain has to be met in full and lodged with La Liga. We appear to have agreed to the £45m value of the release clause but are negotiating instalments. That is not meeting the release clause.

I think that they were trying to do a deal without triggering the clause, but CV wanted the money up front. Fair enough if you're selling something that someone wants.

Shame, he could have been a good signing :weep:
  • Its been a cunning ploy we distract everyone with endless Gomez talk whilst agent Husillos has been working on other transfers in secret :wahoo:

• MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

I think it might be a bit more complicated than that.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/buy-out-clauses-how-they-work-spanish-football

Sometimes the buyout clause is bigger than the buyout clause :hmm: Depending on how it's calculated.

And it's the player who lodges the money with La Liga?

But if the player doesn't want to come to us, then he won't co-operate?
    This article was really interesting and very complicated
  • Not wanting to state the flaming obvious but it appears it is easier to sign a player who actually wants to join you. Although the rumour mill said at one point he wanted to come to us, from a very early stage all I mostly read was he was keen to play in the Champions League which he can get at Valencia. We move on but to who I haven't a clue! Neymar, Griezmann, ? :biggrin:
This discussion has been closed.