Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Problem for me with Arnautovic, was his blatant half hearted performances after the China fiasco. Watching someone down tools on the pitch is hard to stomach with all the money and time invested.
  • Once players finish their 'purple patch', they rarely hit those heights again (eg Torres, Owen.) Arnie was going to be good, but never brilliant, for us. Find a hungry young cf and watch him blossom. IMO obviously
  • :hmm: Anyone watching the copa 3rd place game ,Medel just sent off ,is this the guy we are still interested in please say :nonono:
  • For me, the difference between some footballers seeking to better themselves vs us mere mortals, is that it is rightfully considered really poor form by both coworkers and professional competitors for someone seeking promotion or a change in career (or their reps acting on their behalf) to make a public song and dance about it and then to give even an outward appearance of just going through the motions until they get their way.

I have worked in commerce for over forty years and if anyone I ever been associated with had displayed such behavior, even if they are really good, the reputation gained would take some losing.

It is somewhat unfortunate that the money we are prepared to pay footballers and all those who entertain us, puts them into a different world from the rest of us, it really is difficult to compare norms between the two.

Some Stars remain gracious, compassionate and conscious of the divide, others unfortunately do not.
  • In an alternative universe, West Ham begin the 2019-20 season with Gomez and Carroll leading the line

• Ex saying that it looks likely that we've missed out on Rondon. China has come calling, apparently.
  • Benitez, rather than China, I think.
  • Yeold

What's the :doh: about?

The fact we might be missing out on Rondon?
  • MrsGrey said:

Benitez, rather than China, I think.

Money rather than either lol
  • And the latest from Twitter is that Gomez has told West Ham he is going to sign for Valencia.

The rumour mill not favouring us this morning.
  • There's only one Jordan Hugill :quaver:
  • edited July 2019
    Well let’s hope Pelle was never really that interested in Rondon.

We’ve had two months whilst Rafa & Newcastle were mucking about to meet the £16m release clause for a guy who got as many goals as Arnie last season & is a year younger.

As I said, hopefully we weren’t that interested, because if we were, we’ve just let a good striker slip away. There aren’t that many obvious options if we miss out on Rondon & Gomez.
  • Pelle and co have been doing this a long time. They’ll have a list, and there won’t just be two names on it. There will be plenty.
  • In an alternative universe, West Ham begin the 2019-20 season with Gomez and Carroll leading the line

And in another alternative universe, West Ham begin the 2019-20 season with Jordan Hugill and Xande Silva leading the line.
  • I'd guess we won't let Chica go unless we know we have a couple of decent strikers signed.
  • Yes that is the hope!
  • if we go into this season with Hernandez and Hugill as our strikers....
  • So if Rondon is off to 🇨🇳 & Gomez is joining Valencia, money didn’t sway him :weep: which 2 strikers are we going to end up with? Have to trust MP knows what he is doing and we aren’t going to get a “Sully special”. Belotti, Haller, Wilson? Linked with a Dutch forward but that has been discounted on another rumours site.
  • Torino have quoted £63m for Belotti, apparently, so you can probably cross him off the list.

Moussa Marega, described by some as a Malian Emile Heskey, is looking more likely I would guess.
  • It's not like they are the only players we've been linked with...
  • Sky sources: West Ham offer £44.85m release clause of Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez.
  • SSN:

West Ham have met the €50m (£44.8m) release clause for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands discussions ongoing over method of payment, with West Ham promising to pay the full amount in instalments.

The release clause cannot be triggered until the full amount is lodged at La Liga HQ in Madrid.
  • Ambiguous last sentence. Does it mean that our promise to pay the full amount has to be lodged or the full amount itself. If the latter then instalments are a no no.
  • The rule in Spain, as I understand it, is that if you meet the release clause for a player you do indeed lodge the total amount with La Liga. You then complete the deal and the Spanish club get the cash. If the deal does not happen then the cash is repaid.
  • Marko to China is done according to Sky
  • edited July 2019
    Basically we can offer the full amount at HQ & there is nothing Celta can do to stop the transfer if Gomez wants it.

Alternatively, we can negotiate a pay structure that meets the release clause eventually, but the release clause is not technically activated but Celta can accept the structure. This would be done between the two clubs with no need to involve HQ.
  • Lurkerz, the key words there are “if Gómez wants it”. Conflicting reports whether he does or not?
  • Arnie has gone, according to a number of outlets. £22.5m in our pocket, £200k a week in his.
This discussion has been closed.