Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• I think it’s fair to say SSN have covered their bases over the last few days :lol:
  • Seems like we may be forcing the poor chap over here.
  • £22.4m and £100k p/w in the bank

Added to that the £8mil for Fernandes, £2mil for Perez and about £200k off the bill for Carroll, Adrian & Nasri

Getting Gomez in would be a huge signal of intent and will make me forget about Arnie
  • edited July 2019
    Arnie Who :puzzled:
  • How did Bournemouth get more money for Tyrone Mings than we did for Arnie? Crazy.
  • edited July 2019
    They didn't, if the BBC report is to be relied on...
  • If as SSN are reporting the release clause cannot be triggered until the full amount has been lodged why are we trying to do it in instalments?
    Still not sure this is going anywhere.
  • Hopefully this will all be over in a few days.
  • Mitrovic signs new Fulham contract. Another one off the list. At least Sturridge is still available :weep:
  • If as SSN are reporting the release clause cannot be triggered until the full amount has been lodged why are we trying to do it in instalments?
    Still not sure this is going anywhere.

Cos Celta may be happy & accept that offer anyway. It’s basically like any other offer. We have not triggered his release clause, but offered an amount that, over a period of time, will add up to the release clause value.
  • Belotti just rules out by C&H. Wellbeck or Sturridge?
  • The thing for me about Arnautovic is the manner he and his brother (there is no way he would allow his brother to make statements that he didn’t believe himself) have conducted themselves in the last 6 months.

He’s allegedly kicked off in January, posted various SM messages saying don’t believe all you read out there and got a supposed pay rise all the while the club inserted a new release amount. He then posted a video which was shared by the official site saying he was happy to stay with the club, on top of that he didn’t exactly put himself about during the second half of the season all the while helping to derail our season starting with the FA cup loss (even though that side should’ve been good enough to beat Wimbledon)

Within days of that release amount no longer applying the noises from his agent/brother started. I get that everyone wants to better themselves but in the football public eye he has in my opinion behaved disgracefully, he’s the epitome of the modern day mercenary footballer, thank goodness we have someone like Noble that whole opinions are split on whether he’s good enough most of us over 40 can still relate to.

By December we will of forgotten all about Arnie
  • I’ve forgotten him already. Had a few good games under Moyes and that’s about it.
  • Its going to happen isn't it, were going to sign another sick note in Welbeck or Sturridge...
  • SSN reporting Valencia have dropped out of race Gómez
  • SSN = :clown:
  • Hamstew said:

Mitrovic signs new Fulham contract. Another one off the list. At least Sturridge is still available :weep:

No interest in Mitrovic from me. Fulham are welcome to him.
  • Looks like Gomez could be ours...
  • Kaveh at Sky says West Ham will sign Maxi Gomez for club record fee after player turned down Valencia to join the Hammers...
  • I’d be surprised if SSN know what day of the week it is right now. They’ve covered practically every eventuality over the last few days.
  • A huge number of conflicting stories out there re: Gomez

However, now Lukerz has confirmed he is pretty much ours, that’s good enough for me.

Can we now move onto what his squad number will be. I reckon AC’s number 9
  • Arnautovic has officially gone.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/july/08-july/marko-arnautovic-departs-west-ham-united-chinese-super-league

Icy write up by the admins.

So, will Maxi take the No9 or No7 :wahoo:
  • Arnie gone - thats a good chinese takeaway
  • Great write up by the club admin. Keeping it short and sweet and neither wishing him will nor thanking him for his contribution to WH. Rightly so IMO
  • Great write up by the club admin. Keeping it short and sweet and neither wishing him will nor thanking him for his contribution to WH. Rightly so IMO

Ooh that is coooooooold.

• Nah I'd have liked mitrovic. Think he's decent.
  • Hamstew said:

Nah I'd have liked mitrovic. Think he's decent.

One of my memories of season 18/19 was the sheer number of chances Mitrovic passed up for Fulham. Loads.
  • edited July 2019
    Don't mean he's bad because of one bad game.
  • If we have the ambition to be more than a mid-table side, we need to sign players who have the potential to be top 6 players. I don't think Mitrovic (or Rondon) fit that profile.
  • Hamstew said:

Don't mean he's bad because of one bad game.

I meant the number of chances he missed all season.
This discussion has been closed.