Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• As they should. No negotiator should show their hand before they start ...
  • As well as the generally accepted figure of £24m bid for Arnie, one site had it as £35m. It wouldn't surprise me if it were the higher figure, and the club's 'oh deary, it's a terrible deal' shtick was to keep that quiet.
  • The board are saying nothing these days.
    Thats good and what most fans want isn't it?
  • When Arnie goes it’ll be like he’s just disappeared.Going to play soccerball in China can do that to you.
  • IronHerb said:

The board are saying nothing these days.

Oh, how I pine for the Jack Sullivan twitter days...
  • And as if by magic.. https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/july/05-july/jack-sullivan-keen-west-ham-united-womens-team-keep-progressing

Interesting - Explains why so many players have left: With it being our inaugural year as a professional outfit, a lot of the players were on one-year deals. We had a lot of honest conversations with the players towards the end of the season and each and every one of them who has departed goes with our sincerest thanks and best wishes.
  • edited July 2019
    Adam said:

IronHerb said:

The board are saying nothing these days.

Oh, how I pine for the Jack Sullivan twitter days...
    Ooooh. You little liar. ;)
  • Of course, assuming Arnie goes, we'll know what the deal was by how much we end up slipping to Stoke.
  • Assuming of course the actual amount slipped to Stoke is revealed.
  • With Redknapp & Rosie accountants involved :lol:
  • IronHerb said:

I haven't heard or seen anyone slating the two Davids.

Not on here iron but i've seen a few comments on c & h

• I think it was mentioned, but would be nice to have a couple of strikers that played the same style. Carrol, Hernandez and Arnie were so different.
  • Valencia players who were part of the deal had their medicals cancelled apparently. don't go to bed!
  • On one condition McHammer, if nothing happens between now and midnight, you have to make me my midnight cocoa, tuck me in and then read me my favourite bedtime story, Watership Down, in full!
  • Ok but I'm not doing the Eastern European accent for Kehaar that you love.
  • Ok, you can make Kehaar Glaswegian if it makes it easier. :biggrin:
  • Arnie reported to have passed a medical in China according to sky sports in a 22.4 million deal, good riddance to another mercenary, done it before no doubt will again bet Mark Hughes as a wry smile
  • Can’t say we weren’t warned. We scoffed when Stoke fans said he wouldn’t last a couple of years before he did a strop.
  • Fair enough that Arnie is getting some stick (though I think some is a bit OTT), but he's hardly the only player pulling this kind of stunt. Don't see how he is any different to Pogba, whose agent is all over the media today, saying he wants to leave Man U.
  • Can’t say we weren’t warned. We scoffed when Stoke fans said he wouldn’t last a couple of years before he did a strop.

Arnie was at Stoke for four seasons so what would they base that prediction on?
  • Pogba doesn’t play for us and in my opinion should never play for United again he’s a virus
  • I'm a bit irritated by the messing around we have had to endure, but taking football out of the equation, and looking at it like a career....

it is normal to want to better yourself in terms of your career - who stays in their entry level job, at entry level wages for life?

You look for promotions, career changes, pay rises etc.

I can't get too exercised about a footballer doing the same, tbh.
  • Pogba was constantly clearly mistreated by Mourinho, blamed for deep-rooted problems and abused by fans despite being their most productive player. Arnautovic was given nothing but support until last January and was given the benefit of the doubt after January. Arnautovic only really had two good half-season spells. Pogba never really said anything about leaving until this summer. Mourinho's treatment of him was disgraceful and the Man U. fans are irritating altogether anyway. I don't see how the two compare other than on a very superficial level.
  • Aslef they were basing it on his attitude when he left and he’d signed a new contract
  • We don’t know the ins and outs but China is only for the money and that’s not bettering yourself imo it’s money oriented if there was a wage cap it would stop this sort of thing happening as much
  • Happy hes going but am so disappointed with the deal and what it sends out

For the 2nd time in 3/4 years our best player has had a strop, been rewarded with a nice new contract (probably with a loyalty bonus)...but still stropped and has been sold for a derisory fee (both arnie and Payet were £40mil players)

Why would any player wanting to leave not just do the same and force us to sell.....

And now we need to use £23mil to get us a guy who's the first double figure goals a season striker we've had

Anyways now thats off my chest, I'm excited to see what happens next, husillos and Pellegrini have impressed me with the transfer incoming on the whole
  • Outcast

I wouldn't say players both agitating for a move, using their agents to air things publicly (which was the point I was making) was a superficial comparison, but each to their own.
  • Has Gomas signed yet ,read somewhere that he is on a camping trip ,,Can just see the 2 davids treckking through miles of jungle with pen and contract in hand . :biggrin:
  • edited July 2019
    Cuz1 said:

We don’t know the ins and outs but China is only for the money and that’s not bettering yourself imo it’s money oriented if there was a wage cap it would stop this sort of thing happening as much

A wage cap only works if every country agrees to it and that is never going to happen.

I'm no expert on employment law but I suspect a wage cap would be illegal under EU legislation so even if the rest of the world imposed one then players would still be able to earn silly money at Real, Barca & PSG.

For the 2nd time in 3/4 years our best player has had a strop, been rewarded with a nice new contract (probably with a loyalty bonus)...but still stropped and has been sold for a derisory fee

Except Payet didn't have a strop before he signed a new contract. He signed a new deal in February 2016, just seven months after he moved here and things didn't go pear shaped until after the summer. He didn't ask for the deal, even whufc.com said so.
  • Outcast

I wouldn't say players both agitating for a move, using their agents to air things publicly (which was the point I was making) was a superficial comparison, but each to their own.

You said you don't see how it "any different" and they're basically the same stunt. I think only on the most obvious level are they the same. They are different in many ways.

And Pogba has probably had far more stick than Arnautovic ever did until the last week, despite not really making any complaints during the season.
This discussion has been closed.