Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Stoke will get 500k according to c and h

• @JacobSteinberg

Manuel Pellegrini wants Marko Arnautovic out. So do the Austrian's team-mates. West Ham ready to sell for €25m. More on @guardian_sport shortly #whufc
  • edited July 2019
    One of the saddest thing if Arnie does go to China is for him, I have no problem with players going for their pension when they can't find a club of their usual standing, but Arnie is only 30 and arguably playing the best football of his career (in patches) these last couple of seasons. He should be playing here for two more seasons before even thinking of cashing in.

We will also see Carrols desire to play football also in my view as he will either get offered by clubs a very low contract or a pay as you play. If he really wants to play football and feels he can get fit again he will take one of those options, but he may just demand more than anyone with a brain would offer due to his injury record and prematurely end his own career.
  • 23m is tragic but to get rid of that toxic character from the dressing room thank god.

How much did we turn down in January?

If we can get a couple of better "all round" players in ability and character then so be it.
  • If Pellegrini wants him out and his teammates he has to go as soon as possible . Gómez was worried about being 2nd choice to Arnautovic so maybe if might help in attracting him
  • I'm not sure about Gomez. If he wanted to come to us the deal would have been done already. It now appears that we would be second choice at best and if he has a half decent season with us he will want out next summer for a CL club.

Let's find someone who wants to come to us.
  • IronHerb said:

I'm not sure about Gomez. If he wanted to come to us the deal would have been done already. It now appears that we would be second choice at best and if he has a half decent season with us he will want out next summer for a CL club.

Let's find someone who wants to come to us.

Me me me
  • But IronHerb we'll be a Champions League club for 2020/21 :scarf:
  • It seemed like a good article until I read this
    while Felipe Anderson has recently hit his peak at 26
    That is just rubbish.
  • Reports say we turned down £35 million in January. :weep:
  • If Pellegrini wants him out and his teammates he has to go as soon as possible . Gómez was worried about being 2nd choice to Arnautovic so maybe if might help in attracting him

Thing is, even if Arnie is an all round nice bloke and gets along well with the other players, we can't be doing this every transfer window.

I haven't got the energy for it.
  • @ExWHUemployee

So with the money we are soon to get from Arnie. We have submitted a new offer for Gómez it appears this has turned heads. Negotiations are still going on literally as I write this so I will update it when they are concluded either way
  • What is wrong with us attracting these players.....

Both Arnie & Payet EVERYONE literally wanted them out....and we sold for derisory offers

How many other teams have had players that have done the same

That said better him be gone if he can't be bothered, don't need personalities like that, just sad we didn't cash in on him in Jan
  • So is it safe to assume now that this isn’t all hearsay?

:biggrin:
  • You can be the best player in the world but for me if he’s disruptive to the teams morale then ship him out, could understand if it was to play champions league but China really? Purely for the money, so for me it’s good riddance you don’t deserve to wear the shirt again and haven’t done for six months at least
  • According to SSN reporter:-

"I have been in touch with a very senior source at West Ham and asked him 'are you okay with us reporting that a deal has been agreed for Arnautovic to go to China? We have heard it will be announced in two days.'

"He has just sent me a reply, and the reply says 'yes. Terrible deal for us, but manager, staff and players want him out'.

"They are so desperate to get him out of the club that they are willing to do a terrible deal to get him out of West Ham

I have had another message from someone else who knows what is going on at West Ham, and it says 'a deal is getting closer for Marko to leave €25m. We feel we have no choice but to let Marko go as it is bad for team morale if he stays.

"'The team is the most important thing and players who want to play for a team moving in the right direction is the most important thing.'"
  • Apparently it was Pelle who wanted rid of him and the Board supported him.
  • Most of us wanted rid of him as well so :wave:
  • We could have had him out in Jan and had Gomez in and had some change left over if this had all played out in Jan - and we might have snared a Europa spot to boot.

Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing?
  • According to wiki SIPG were founded at the end of 2005 and have already had 9 managers including Sven and Villas Boas.
    Majority of their squad are Chinese.
  • The obvious attraction for Arnie is he can go there on a fat contract, sulk after a short while and leave by getting his contract paid up. He won’t be there more than 12 months
  • Apparently it was Pelle who wanted rid of him and the Board supported him.

This is what i think happened in Jan personally, i think Pelle wanted him out then.
  • Good thing is ,Arnie will look pretty stupid when we start winning things next season and get into the champions leaque :thumbsup:
  • Looking at how we stand now, regardless of who we manage to sign from here on in, when you consider those who will return late after international duty, I reckon this is how we will line up on the first day

Fab

zab. Issa Oggy Cressers

noble Rice

Snodders Lanzini Anderson

Antonio
  • Fab

Freddie Issa General Arthur

Rice

Fornals Lanzini

Yarma Antonio Anderson

Gomez for Antonio should the deal happen.
  • Are we confident the interest in Issa has gone away?
  • Media reports saying everyone at the club wants Arnie out. Bad egg by all accounts.
  • Karma will eventually catch him out, its a big fat :wave: from me.
  • Shanghai SIPG won the league last year and are 3rd at the moment.

Their current foreign players are:-

Oscar (Bra), yes, the one that was at Chelsea
    Hulk (Bra)
    Elkeson (Bra) - has scored more CSL goals, 83 in 116, than any other foreign player.
    Odil Ahmedov (Uzb)

Elkeson is reported to have signed with Guangzhou Evergrande (2nd) so Shanghai will have a vacancy.

Elkeson has been there since 2013 and is about to become officially Chinese so won't count as a foreign player any more.
  • Glad this looks like it’s being sorted out quickly.
    Get him out the door and concentrate on pre- season.
    I know it’s an old cliché but no one player is bigger than the club.
    He’s really shown his true colours and they’re not claret and blue.
    We’ll survive.
This discussion has been closed.