Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• According to SSN Gomez is keen to join us but has yet to agree personal terms. Valencia waiting to pounce if it falls through.
  • I've always liked Perez. He's done ok in a struggling, offensively, team.
  • Just has a quick chat with the Newcastle fan at work and he is convinced the £30 mil will go straight in Ashley's pocket. He is not a happy bunny at the moment
  • Yaya Toure has joined Chinese side Qingdao Huanghai. They play in the second tier of Chinese football.

The 36-year-old's new team-mates include former West Ham and Bolton forward Ricardo Vaz Te, and ex-Espanyol midfielder Joan Verdu.
  • edited July 2019
    Well from listening to a podcast week in week out for the last few years the Newcastle fan on there pretty much says he's useless except for the last few months he says he's improved but still isn't a fan. Whenever I e seen him he has looked extremely wasteful.
  • edited July 2019
    I think Ayoze Perez is a decent player, 30 million, perhaps not, but still IMO a good player playing in an average team.
  • IF Arnie and his brother are stirring things up again then to me it’s obvious that the club should get shot asap.
    We don’t need the disruption and we don’t need a player who’s not committed.
    Just take the offer on the table and open the door for him.
  • No, you don't take the offer on the table. You tell his agent/brother to go and fetch £30m then he's free to go.

This is assuming this is how it is.
  • Problem is there are a number of variables in play here. The brother will know that he can create mischief at the throw of a hat. He will also know that after what happened in Jan, Pelle will possibly not be wanting to start the season with a high earning bad apple in his ranks. So with only a month to go till the window shuts he would need to be sold, to realise funds and replaced (I guess). Doing all of this in a relatively short time span will be challenging if the key is to hold out for a high price. The buying club would also be wary that he could be a bad apple. Whether hearsay or not, this latest episode will likely have knocked £10-£15m off what we might have previously hoped to get for him.
  • But if he wants a transfer and wants more money surely he would want to seem a good buy and an asset not a trouble maker. We could always make him train with the kids and put him in the u23 squad for awhile :devil:
  • edited July 2019
    Seems to me the club hold all the cards: his brother can say what he wants; the club showed in Jan it wouldn't be bullied, and there is no reason to assume that stance has changed.
  • Unless they get 30 million at least I wouldn’t sell him if Perez worth that arnie is worth more
  • IronHerb said:

No, you don't take the offer on the table. You tell his agent/brother to go and fetch £30m then he's free to go.

This is assuming this is how it is.

Yup as I said IF they’re stirring it up, none of us know for sure, but if they are I wouldn’t want him hanging around the club stinking the place out just so we can get an extra few million.
  • Slacker

Seems to me this sort of thing isn't just about a single player; it is a sign of how the club deal with 'strops' and pushy agents. Whatever the truth, I hope we see the club set the agenda, and deal with it solely on their terms.
  • Grey,I agree that in a perfect world the clubs would hold all the cards but we know that in reality as soon as a player/agent wants out the inevitable happens and he gets his move.My point would be that in this case the disruption and bad blood generated would be better dealt with by getting the player out ASAP rather than leaving the wound to fester.
  • On a more positive note, Snoddy has signed for another year. A player with a good attitude.
  • Yes, kudos to him for knuckling down both during his loan spell and upon his return after he was publicly insulted by club officials for no reason.
  • Arnie had a £40m release clause inserted into his new extension which expired in the middle of June & was not activated by any club, according to Sky.
  • What was the point of that? Purely for Chinese market?
  • :angry: Get rid even at 22 m dont care and at lest its now and not in a months time
  • Why sell a player below his market worth get him to rot in the stiffs if he’s that bad then sue for breech of contract why is it us that gets all the mercenaries flog him in public
  • edited July 2019
    Meanwhile potentially a fair wedge of transfer fee will not get realised, a large portion of wage allocation gets used up for someone not contributing to the first team cause, and the dressing room potentially gets affected. That’s the problem, this sort of thing rarely ends well for a club when it happens.
  • Shame Mourinho was shown the door at Man Utd. We could have got over 35m from them.
  • Welbeck on a free doing the rounds. Wouldn’t mind it as a wildcard signing to be honest.
  • Yeah, he can fill Andy's spot on the physio bench,
  • The getting injury prone players really needs to stop
  • His broken ankle was a horrible landing, his ankles were fine before that. Giving his dodgy knees time to heal would only be a good thing. Can see him doing well if the ankle is good.
  • If we sign Welbeck or Sturridge then Face palm
  • I though this was what be brought Jack Wilshire to do?
  • I just watched his short documentary on YouTube. Good insight to what he had to deal with in his personal life.
This discussion has been closed.