Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Looks like It’s Arnie’s Bruv stirring things.
  • jay

Part loyalty, part deep mistrust of the accuracy of meejah reports...

It could just as easily be that a Chinese club have made a bid that Arnie had no idea about, and the club, quite rightly, have laughed off the offer.
  • Arnie leaving may be a blessing in disguise. He caused a big unwanted disruption last season. Mutli media sources now confirming.
  • Multi media sources now repeating what the first source reported
  • Arnie leaving may be a blessing in disguise. He caused a big unwanted disruption last season. Mutli media sources now confirming.

Unlike Payet? :hmm:
  • IBL

Now it's clear you've been having a laugh.

You said you would welcome back a past it Payet, who caused massive disruption, but now would be happy to see the back of the best CF we've had since Dean Ashton, because of disruption.

D- must do better.
  • You dont seem to be able to leave this alone. Think its time you moved on. Arnie is a current topic and discussion, nothing to do with Payets potential return. Lets leave it be.
  • No, let's not. Let's point out you have made wildly contradictory statements.

You can ignore that if you like, no problem. But I am well within my rights to point it out for others to note.
  • Sell Arnautovic. Get Gomez. Job done.
  • But Gomez doesn't appear to want to come.
  • I think we may struggle with Gomez on his first season. Prefer someone more dynamic, but would be real statement signing.
  • Armies brother is consistent in giving unhelpful interviews he did it last summer January and again now. Arnie should tell his brother to keep it quiet and why is he giving interviews unless he is trying to drum up a transfer . Plenty of players and agents can do their business without going through the press constantly . If Arnie has said he wants then make him train with the kids. I think it comes down to what Pellegrini wants to do and if he thinks it will disrupt his preparation for the season . I think we can play a front 3 almost like Liverpool without and out and out striker with the attacking players we have at a stretch. I would rather not be talking about Arnie again if he goes he goes West Ham will carry like we did after Payet no player is bigger than the club.
  • If the Arnie news is fact, hold out for 40m and then get rid...

But then I think we have no striker at the club unless I forgot someone assuming Hernandez leaves.

Antonio can be affective at leading the line but not reliable.

So we need at least 2 strikers in the summer.
  • Arnie needs to go.
  • Would love to see a front 3 like Liverpool.
  • Can that Ukraine bloke play centre foward? He looks like he would be useful there.
  • edited July 2019
    The thing with Arnie is 1) we knew this was always going to be the case when we signed him; that there was a risk he would play up. 2) He has already played up, & we successfully kept him by playing hardball. He can't just go for the first offer we get. 22 goals in 65 games is not easily replaced. Despite what people say about modern football, the club holds the power. He signed his nice extension with a pay-rise last February.

So, £30m-£35m. That's about right for his age & value to us. A better end to the season & he'd be worth around £50m. If we don't get that, he stays. It seems his agent is desperate to secure a lucrative windfall for the two of them. Not sure Arnie is as desperate but he probs leaves it to his 'bro'.
  • Here’s a thought - maybe we can sell Arnie and re-sign Payet?

:biggrin:
  • edited July 2019
    Payet was a rare case of us actually getting lucky in the transfer market. Picking up a player for peanuts who had been average his entire career, has been average since leaving us, yet had one amazing 12 month period which coincided, amazingly, with him signing for us, & became a £30m player.

That is pretty much case closed. :biggrin:
  • edited July 2019
    Marko's brother has told Sky Sports that Marko is for sale & that West Ham have been trying to sell him since last January. He says we are talking to the Chinese club still & that Marko is not a "cow" or "horse" & West Ham are using him.

We have had a £10m bid for Rondon rejected.
  • edited July 2019
    I can see this all ending well
  • I wouldn’t trust one word coming out of his brothers mouth. I’d like to see an official statement from the club rather than all this “understands” tosh.
    We should fix a price and if we don’t get it he goes nowhere.
  • The club have got the whole Arnie saga badly wrong. He threw a strop in Jan when £40m was on offer. Should have taken it and triggered Gomez’s release clause there and then.

But no, instead they reward the stroppy one with a pay rise. I despair - what sort of example does this set for the young kids who are watching all this play out.

And now the club are (supposedly) trying to sell him when only £20m is on the table. You really couldn’t dream it up
  • edited July 2019
    Unless, of course, this is just a mish-mash of unsubstantiated rumour and surmise. Short of a club statement, I'm happy to assume it is all nonsense.
  • Well the throwing the strop bit and then getting a pay rise as a result isn’t hearsay

Today’s “revelations” though of course are
  • So can I just clarify....

he's put in a transfer request
    he hasn't put in a transfer request
    he wants to leave
    we're trying to sell him
    we have turned down an unsolicited offer
    we expect him to honour his contract

Have I missed anything?
  • Yes, we have found out that Arnie is not a horse or a cow.
  • :doh:

How could I have been so remiss.
  • edited July 2019

Can that Ukraine bloke play centre foward? He looks like he would be useful there.

His name is Yarmolenko and no, as far as I can tell he's played Centre Forward 4 times in his career, he's pretty much a winger, 205 times on the right, 75 times on the left, 13 times in the "hole".
    imagelost said:

That cat ,,, snivvling piece of ,,, what was her name, hector was always in the brown stuff coz that cat

Zaza. The frog was Kiki

C and H saying we received a bid of £19 mil from a Chinese club which we have rejected its all a bit deja vu of January again.

The Chinese are halfway through their season and can only have four foreign players, we're not going to get a better offer than that from that side of the world
  • Aslef cheers
    Zara was a cat
    Kiki was frog
    Hector was a dog
    This is great
This discussion has been closed.