Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Hopefully Diafra Sakho without the problems
  • edited June 2019
    Few rumours on Twitter that Lanzini’s camp are trying to get him out of the contract option we hold on him as they say it is not legally credible. He is out of contract next summer but we have the option to activate a two-year extension.

Of course, it is a rumour, so it could be waffle. Ex has confirmed that a new deal has been on the table for a while & he has not exactly rushed to sign it.

But if there is doubt from him over wanting to commit, I would cash in. We could get potential big money for him & we dealt without him all last season.
  • If what I saw the other day is true and Joao Mario is available for £15m, I'd let Lanzini go (think we'd get £15-18m) and try to get Mario.
  • Ex is speaking about it later & is expected to confirm that there is a situation.
  • I feel like we kind of shoehorn Lanzini into this side. He’s not really a winger. He would play in the Snodgrass role (most attacking CM) but I’d prefer someone like Wilshere in there.

His best position is probably playing off the striker. But we don’t play with that position.

Just my opinion though.
  • We talk about getting into the top 8 then I think Lanzini is the quality we need for the bench.

To achieve that next step we need about 3 for the first team and then move the current 3 from the first team onto the bench.

If you follow my chain of thought.. :hmm:
  • Lanzini to leave lol. I'm not crying it's been raining on my face.
  • Who dis?

• Ali koc is present of fenerbache...
  • That's Emenike, isn't it :hmm:
  • Hamstew said:

Lanzini to leave lol. I'm not crying it's been raining on my face.

• That's Emenike, isn't it :hmm:

Well spotted! I was trying to remember who had played for us that season.
  • Hamstew said:

Lanzini to leave lol. I'm not crying it's been raining on my face.

If this is a Flight of the Conchords reference I salute you
  • Nothing against Lanzini but if someone offered decent money for him I'd snap their hand off
  • It’s around this time of year when I realise how old/out of touch with football I am.
    90% of the players on the various transfer rumour mills I have never heard of.
    Wiki gets a good workout on my phone.
  • ................................. :tumbleweed: .................... :tumbleweed:
  • The season before I would have hated to lose Lanzini but if Anderson is staying I feel we can let him go as they are both unlockers, in that they are there to unlock the defence. We should also pick up a more than decent fee which can also be reinvested. I would prefer he stayed but not devastated should he leave.

It's reported now that Eden Hazzard has gone to Real Madrid for a fee that could rise to 150m! the amazing thing with that is it's also being reported he only had a year left on his contract. Surely both he and Real could have waited a year and both saved and made a fortune. If he spreads 80m of that extra over his contract he would likely have the largest contract outside Messi or Ronaldo and Real save the rest.
  • What’s happen to castus fortunes
  • Franck Kessie linked with us

• This may or may not be transfer news...
  • The Sun says the Saudi side that Bilic managed last season want Antonio and Palace want him if Zaha leaves.

The Sun also says we're looking at Eibar's CM Joan Jordan.

Apparently Joan is a boy's name in parts of Spain and France. Who knew...
  • Twitter going a bit nuts on this one just now

Hasan Ali Kaldırım 150M Euro @WestHamUtd ?
  • edited June 2019
    McHammer said:

Twitter going a bit nuts on this one just now

I'd pour yourself another :beer: and let them get on with it, mate. :biggrin:
  • Aslef
    Think Joan Miró (painter from Barcelona). Joan is the Catalan version of Juan, although I'm fairly certain that you were already aware of that ;)
  • Released list from sky

• Lobotka is a defensive midfielder I think

Would prefer if we targeted a box to box type player who can grab some goals
This discussion has been closed.