Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• As with Messi, Suarez and Neymar having a secret Whatsapp account together, Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll and Daniel Sturridge could have their own Whatsupnow account together :thumbsup: :whistle:
  • In other news, from the Daily Record....

Neil Lennon is convinced getting Leigh Griffiths back firing will be like landing a £6m striker on a free

He must be some player to command a fee three times as much as Lucas Perez! :nonono:
  • 5 year deal for a guy who may or may not get back to his best after that long injury. Risky.
  • I thought we had a two year option on his current deal. Surely activating that is a lot more sensible :hmm:
  • From the Beeb:

Leicester will allow England defender Harry Maguire, 26, to leave the King Power Stadium if their £85m price tag is met.

Seriously, in what universe?
  • edited June 2019
    In a universe where Virgil Van Dijk can cost £75m. Maguire is English which is obviously a big plus for teams competing in Europe with a minimum of 8 "homegrown players".
  • ASLEF

But Van Dijk is any good...
  • Erickson tells Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet that he hopes to leave Tottenham in the summer.

Oh dear

How sad

Never mind
  • Isaac Hayden being heavily linked now. C&H saying Husillos is ready to negotiote on a £15m deal
  • I wouldn't be too adverse to him joining. Him and Rice sitting would allow the full backs to push on (Masuaku and Fredericks playing more as wing backs would probably suit them) and would give either Wilshere or Lanzini decent cover in the No10 role.

Fab
    Fredericks Balbuena Diop Masuaku
    Rice Hayden
    Antonio Lanzini/Wilshere Anderson
    Arnie

From what I've see of Hayden, he's go the pace that Noble lacks but is decent in the tackle and keeps it nice and simple, so could be a very good partner for Rice.
  • Not a significant upgrade on Noble and def not worth £15m
  • £15m is not a lot of money nowadays. It's basically 1.5 Jordan Hugills. We'd struggle to get a decent Championship player for that, IMO.

Hayden is a good age and has PL experience and would be a decent acquisition for us. Unfortunately a Newcastle player is basically our level at the moment.
  • I’m not “against” him joining, but when he’s described as an alternative for Gomes it makes me :hmm: as they really aren’t similar players, IMO.
  • Surely he’s an eventual replacement for Obiang.
  • Or, if you wanted to be really cynical, Rice's replacement for January... :whistle:

• HITC reporting that the Gomes deal may still be on:

https://hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/05/latest-twist-offers-west-ham-united-hope-in-andre-gomes-chase/

Oh it's an exciting time of the year :wahoo:
  • Lukerz said:

Surely he’s an eventual replacement for Obiang.

So £15m for a back up squad player?
  • edited June 2019
    I think at this stage squad players don't exist. For me, pre-season is all about claiming the shirt for the first game of the season.

If we sign Haydon, or Gomes, or whoever, they should be on an even playing field with Rice, Noble, Wilshere etc and get the opportunity to prove they're good enough to be in the starting eleven and not automatically considered a squad player.
  • Lukerz said:

Surely he’s an eventual replacement for Obiang.

So £15m for a back up squad player?
    Well, surely the way you improve is to improve the quality of the squad.

So if Hayden is deemed a better player, or with better potential, in comparison to Obiang, then Obiang is moved on & we sign a player who could contribute more. Let's be honest, other than a couple of good games, Obiang has offered basically nothing as a West Ham player.

Hayden may not be an improvement on Noble, but at the moment we have four CM players; Rice, Noble, Sanchez & Obiang. One of those is not good enough, one is likely to be sold, one is our best CM & the other is, although getting on, still one of our best players (IMO) & it will take a lot for a CM to push him out of the 11, consistently. So if we were to upgrade Sanchez & Obiang with Gomes & Hayden, I would be happy with that.

Wilshere, if he stays fit, I see as competition for Lanzini in the No.10 role.
  • edited June 2019
    Lukerz said:

Well, surely the way you improve is to improve the quality of the squad.

Agree :ok:
  • We may not achieve that stage at all, but for me, to be noticeably better than we are now, we need to have squad players that mid-table PL teams would play as starters.

That's a very difficult thing to achieve, however, especially without either oodles of cash or the enticement of regular European football.
  • Our first choice CM offering was IMO not good enough last season as evidenced by our negative goal difference, therefore spending what is for us still a reasonable sum of money on someone at or potentially slightly below what we already have is not the answer IMO. But then again maybe no-one else better even wants to come?
  • Bit of noise on Twitter about the bookies slashing the odds on Mason Mount joining us. He's good friends with Rice and there was an Instagram posts that got people talking last week where Deccers used the 'hinting eyes' emoji

I know Chelsea may not be buying anyone this window so are likely to not be letting players go, but still.... :wahoo:
  • Yeah as you say. No way they will be selling players if they don't need to.
  • Maybe we will sign Buffon he is free and we can do with some extra cover at gk :lol:
  • Sky sports saying we’ve bid 10 million for Claude Maurice from lorient
  • Cuz1 said:

Sky sports saying we’ve bid 10 million for Claude Maurice from lorient

Who dat?
This discussion has been closed.