Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• I assumed that he came out of the same stable as that superstar from Belarus who caught Russian flu, Iva Chestycov :yercoat:
  • Cuz1 said:

We’ve still got hugill 😘

It pains me to say this, but IMO this was one of our most ghastly signings for a long while. Right up there (or should I say down there) with Quashie and Savio - at least the latter got a winning assist for us during his short time with us, and we got a small fee for him when he went. What on Earth were our decision makers thinking?

Hugill is not even champ standard and I fear we struggle to find another club to take him off our hands even for free
  • Baracks, I just wiki'ed Savio and was amazed to see that he has played for 16 different teams since 2006. :wahoo:
  • edited June 2019
    C&H (I know) say we have upped our bid for Andre Gomes to £20m, but we are prepared to go to £25m.

Ex has also confirmed the increased bid.
  • Why would the club make public that we're prepared to go to £25m? What possible incentive is their for Barca accepting £20m?
  • The Club has confirmed that Fernandes has joined Mainz for an undisclsed fee.

Still think there is a good player in there, but not overly disappointed to see him go.
  • edited June 2019
    Lukerz said:

C&H (I know) say we have upped our bid for Andre Gomes to £20m, but we are prepared to go to £25m.

C&H now claiming a senior club source has emailed them to say Gomes has chosen Everton ahead of us
  • Lukerz said:

C&H now claiming a senior club source has emailed them to say Gomes has chosen Everton ahead of us
    Never mind. Maybe we should look to sign another keeper just to be doubly sure we are not exposed in that area
  • Lukerz said:
    A (fit)Reid + Balbuena central defensive pairing would in my view strengthen us immensely
  • Perez gone to Alaves.

Reckon this will all but guarantee Maripan coming in.
  • Lukerz said:

Shelvey is one of the next targets, apparently.

Evening Suze :wave:
  • Pretty impressed at how quickly we have moved to find players new clubs. Following the released list of Carroll, Adrian & Nasri, now to finding Fernandes a new club for a rumoured £8m, & now Lucas Pérez out too (who I liked as a 4th/3rd choice but nothing more), who clearly wasn’t in the managers plans long term. £10m recouped & a hell of a lot of wages.

Added to that we have sorted the back-up keepers without a penny spent.

Couple of good quality signings now & we will be well set (with a bit of luck injury wise).
  • Lukerz

I agree with all you have said in that financially we are quickly in an improved situation.

However, the squad has not yet been improved. I wait in anticipation for the two or hopefully three or four quality players we sign.
  • edited June 2019
    Not a rumour or speculation, but after hearing my favvourite Bananarama song I just thought it would be nice if rival supporters aimed it at Burnley....

# I heard a rumour! They say you've got a broken Hart!!

• Does this mean the transfer is progressing? Hahaha

• Lukerz said:

Shelvey is one of the next targets, apparently.

Evening Suze :wave:
  • Arnartovic to Inter for £30mio story cropped up on Newsnow this morning :hmm:
  • Heard a rumour that Gomes prefers Everton. Weirdo if true.
  • McH

Why? He played for them last year.
  • :hmm: Also read somewhere that the fans took to him.And he to them so can see why he wants to stay there
  • McH

Why? He played for them last year.

I just meant choosing anyone ahead of West ham in general is an act of madness in my c and b eyes. tongue in cheek emoji
  • Sturridge released by Liverpool. Sullivan will be licking his lips.
  • Do we have a polishing Andy Carrolls medical room seat emoji ready for Sturridge?
  • I'd be delighted to have Sturridge join us
  • We need to stop this with the injured players.
  • Sturridge would be great, I would love to see him build up a close understanding with Wilshire, I mean they could not be anything but pals, I imagine them swapping notes on tactics, set plays, movement, medicines and different types of traction. ;)
This discussion has been closed.