Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Can imagine Sean Dyche on the phone as we speak...
  • Would it be a good idea to split the FFP posts from transfer rumours posts?
  • Make or Break for Cullen really, 23 years old either he impresses in Pre-season and makes the squad or he gets sold for his own career really.
  • The only stuff I can find about Cullen's contract says that it also expires this summer, so I'm a little confused about his situation :hmm:

Just watched the Adrian and Carroll goodbye videos and it's made me feel a bit emotional tbh
  • Some reports say Cullen signed a three year deal in 2017. Odd.
  • Along with the trio of senior players, a host of youngsters will also be released. 13 players in total will depart the club.

Evening standard
  • edited May 2019
    Some people call me Maurice :whistle: :whistle:
  • I'm sure people call you lots of things........ Maurice.
  • Space cowboy?
  • Only some people, Suze ...
  • If he signs, he will forever be known as Miller.

• Space cowboy?

Anything to do with Ed Millerband? :yercoat:
  • Sky also reporting that Perez to Alaves is almost done

Only a £2/3mil fee but I think about £70k off the wage bill
  • Not sure we’ll get a better 3rd/4th choice option than Lucas Pérez. 6 goals in 19 appearances. £2m seems very low given today’s market but there you go.
  • It is low, we probably could only get in Rosie Perez for less. She only had one dance for all songs but at least she'd be easy to read...

#The Soul Train!!

#Younger viewers feel free to move along...
  • edited June 2019

Sky also reporting that Perez to Alaves is almost done

Only a £2/3mil fee but I think about £70k off the wage bill

Pure speculation, but I wonder if the fee is low to allow Alaves to pay Perez a higher weekly wage. It's rumoured that we want Maripan, so offering Perez for a low fee could also be a sweetener for that deal.

What it also suggests is that we're confident of bringing in a striker. We wouldn't let Carroll and Perez go if we didn't have someone lined up, would we? :hmm:
  • edited June 2019
    All of the players I saw linked with us in May, where there was at least one source. (PC users, if you right click the image and choose 'view/show image' it will appear full size.)

• OCS - good point :ok:

I hadn’t thought of that. Drop the price on Pérez & get a better price for Maripan.
  • edited June 2019
    Odd. The Express says we're looking at a £16m deal for Kostas Fortounis from Olympiacos as an alternative to Andre Gomes but rather than a central midfielder he appears to be more of a Lanzini-style attacking midfielder/winger who even played as a striker a handful of times last season with very little in the way of defensive contribution.

The Sun has Hernandez to Valencia for £8m.
  • We’ve still got hugill 😘
  • Does ‘Absolutely no one’ have a twitter page I can follow?
  • edited June 2019
    :clownhorn:
  • edited June 2019

Odd. The Express says we're looking at a £16m deal for Kostas Fortounis from Olympiacos as an alternative to Andre Gomes but rather than a central midfielder he appears to be more of a Lanzini-style attacking midfielder/winger who even played as a striker a handful of times last season with very little in the way of defensive contribution.

I finally got round to googling this guy, I thought it was just a made up name, surely I wasn't the only one. :doh:

You know it's going to end up badly if we do sign him :puzzled:
  • What it also suggests is that we're confident of bringing in a striker. We wouldn't let Carroll and Perez go if we didn't have someone lined up, would we?

Add to the above the probability of Hernandez going aswell would we need two new strikers and what quailty are they going to be? Hopefully not Mitrovic! Some serious money on a couple of quality players please. :pray:
  • You were not alone Buffy, How on earth can a guy called Kostas Fortunis be on a transfer thread and it not be made up?

If that name is indeed a real person then prostrations to his parents and those of the Bulgarian defender Endov Sociallife.
  • edited June 2019
    It's not as weird as it might seem, because Kostas is an abbreviated form of Konstantinos. It only sounds funny to English speakers.... although I also thought it was a spoof at first :doh:
  • Yep, me too
This discussion has been closed.