Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• McHammer said:

Step up !
  • edited June 2019
    The Maxi Gomez/Lobotka deal would allegedly cost £53.5m, a bit more than our supposed £30m budget even including money earned from sales. Maybe we're throwing in Hernandez as part-ex but even that wouldn't make up the difference.

The Guardian claims that Kostas Fortounis would prefer to extend his contract at Olympiakos rather than move to the Premier League. He was an Olympiakos youth player, released in 2008, played for other Greek sides for three seasons, spent three seasons with Kaiserslautern then returned to Olympiakos in 2014.

Maybe he gets homesick, let's not go down that road again.
  • Why is anybody believing we only have £30M to spend?
  • I thought with sales they reckon we will have about £70m to spend in total .
  • Nobody knows how much we have to spend, and whatever we do spend doesn’t mean it was our budget anyway (I’m guessing Spurs had a bigger budget than nothing last year)

Who's they?
  • Why is anybody believing we only have £30M to spend?

It seems to be the amount being bandied around by plenty of sources although with £10.5m from Perez and Fernandes its now supposedly around £40m.

Meanwhile the Guardian says a "source" claims Oxford's move to Ausburg is 50/50 but Pellegrini is willing to listen to offers for Ogbonna, Hernandez and Obiang.

Obiang allegedly wants to go back to Italy for "family reasons". Another one?!?!?

Who's they?
    C and h I think
  • edited June 2019
    'they' are all passing on the same rumours between themselves. And then because the same info is everywhere, it has developed a legitimacy through ubiquity.

The transfer window equivalent of money laundering. Rumour washing?

Thinking about it, maybe 'rumour muddying' is a better term :hmm:
  • Is ExWHUemployee the banksy of west ham.? :yercoat:
  • MrsGrey
    what an elegant turn of phrase

"it has developed a legitimacy through ubiquity"

:bowdown:
  • edited June 2019
    init

:biggrin:
  • The Maxi Gomez/Lobotka deal would allegedly cost £53.5m, a bit more than our supposed £30m budget even including money earned from sales. Maybe we're throwing in Hernandez as part-ex but even that wouldn't make up the difference.

...or maybe the club are astute enough not to tell anyone their budget, target-positions or walk away positions before going into negotiations, and we should stop giving weight to stories that say "West Ham will not spend more than Xm this summer, and are willing to pay as much as Ym for [insert player name here]."
  • Liverpool Echo reports that we have withdrawn from Gomes bid according to reports. Surely saying according to reports means you can say anything and blame someone anonymous.
  • McH,

We've probably been told that he wants to go to Everton, well that is what is all over the media.
  • ...or maybe the club are astute enough not to tell anyone their budget, target-positions or walk away positions before going into negotiations, and we should stop giving weight to stories that say "West Ham will not spend more than Xm this summer, and are willing to pay as much as Ym for [insert player name here]."

I never believed the £30m to begin with, I just find it amusing that the so called ITKs like C&H etc. make these claims and some people think its gospel.
  • ASLEF,

Are you trying to tell me they don't have the inside track on all that goes on at WHUFC! :nonono:
  • McHammer said:

Liverpool Echo reports that we have withdrawn from Gomes bid according to reports. Surely saying according to reports means you can say anything and blame someone anonymous.

Liverpool you say :hmm:

#Echo Echo
  • Bazshuayi,

You get a better quality of report from the Manchester Evening News. ;)
  • Bazshuayi,

You get a better quality of report from the Manchester Evening News. ;)

Is that the City edition :hmm:
  • C and H saying that we are trying to get Gomez /Lobota deal over the line and all other transfers on hold until we know outcome. I am hoping this is more an Anderson situation rather than our striker search from a few years back. I have more faith in Hussilos than the Dave's so fingers crossed we can get the transfer over the line soon
  • edited June 2019
    The combined deal would be 60m+ however ? unless we are selling someone for 20m - 30m I don't see where we are getting the extra money from if the reported 30m + sales is our budget. Unless we have suitors for Obiang, Hernandez, Hugill, Oxford, Byram, already lined up that might stretch it but that then leaves 0 money in the pot without selling further players to get anymore additions in.

Unless the reported budget of 30m is a complete smokescreen and we have more than we intended. Or a big player is going to leave for a substantial sum. Lanzini / Rice / Arnie ?
  • I read at the weekend that the Dave's were prepared to personally guarantee an overdraft extension to allow these signings to go through before we sell all of our 'deadwood'.

That C&H piece is quite interesting (for a given definition of interesting) and suggests that they will be our only purchases of the summer, with a couple of loans (one defender and one striker) complimenting that deal.
  • Arguably the only positions we NEED is CM, CF and LB

Anything else would be a plus or to replace a player leaving
  • Hugh southern on C&H believes we will get the deal done on Maxi Gomez/Lobotka.
  • edited June 2019
    According to C&H we have "no interest" in Kostas Fortounis
  • If we get the Gomez/Lobokta deal done I will happy it shows that we can identify and sign players the managers wants and not some third/fourth choice bargain basement player.
  • C&H has often been dismissed as a hopelessly unreliable source, but at the same time been accused of being Sullivan's social media mouthpiece.

In this instance I'm hoping it's the latter...
  • According to C&H we have "no interest" in Kostas Fortounis

No, not at that price :yercoat:
This discussion has been closed.