The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• I'd be all Fiona Bruced out.......
  • edited July 2019
    Apparently #lampardout was the top trending tweet after Chelsea’s first pre-season game with him in charge

They are such classy club with top drawer supporters, aren’t they?

:doh:
  • Yes, we'd do it with way more class

#BigFatFrankOut :whistle: :wink:
  • baracks

There was an article on BBC about it and I think the consensus was that it was a combination of joking and trolling
  • Well they would wouldn’t they?
  • edited July 2019
    Can someone tell me why Steve Bruce would interest Newcastle and, on top of that, why they'd actually pay compensation :wahoo:

Bring back Keegan!

• I know Newcastle have always been quite baffling, but what a mess they are getting into ahead of the season.

Perez & Rondon lost, two months spent negotiating with Rafa only for him to leave & now in talks with Bruce but not stumping up the compo & he is still taking training at Wednesday. All while the season starts in 24 days.

Incredible.
  • They are in China for the Asia Trophy. I wonder who they've got out there. Presumably players like Matt Ritchie are hoping to put themselves in the shop window.
  • Bruce has resigned from Wednesday.

Newcastle fans are going to be apoplectic :lol:
  • edited July 2019
    Newcastle fans are going to be apoplectic

And nobody likes to see that...
  • Bruce is a total plum! We're lucky we havent got Ashley as owner! Newcastle have a massive loyal following. Feel bad for them!
  • Newcastle, QPR there but for the grace...

Whatever the David's have done or not I know who I prefer...

Do feel for Newcastle but also a bit funny too...
  • I remember going to Newcastle a while back, we scored twice in the last two minutes to earn a draw.
    On the way out my mate, who had a West Ham scarf on, was punched in the face by two Newcastle fans before they ran off.
    My admiration for “the tremendous support “ that club has somewhat dried up that day.
    Hope they get Bruce and are relegated by March.
  • LGH had some nasty stories about trips to Newcastle, horrible fans , I remember a fire bomb thrown at our fans, was that them as well , hope them and the blunts are down by Christmas
  • More than one manager has said Newcastle is a great place when you're winning, but the worst place on earth when you're not. And most managers are not winning more often: that's why they get sacked.
  • Yes Pathman, I think LGH was threatened with a knife up there.
  • His friend was stabbed by a screwdriver as well
  • edited July 2019
    On the other hand, Newcastle also produced that wonderful moment when a guy was arrested after punching a police horse, his wife was quoted as saying “I do not normally let him out on his own coz look what happens, he gets into a fight with a horse”

I laughed so hard I literally cried :lol:
  • It’s confirmed Bruce to NUFC Deary me what a Club they are.....

That could be one relegation spot filled
  • Well either he'll be gone by Xmas or Newcastle United will. For the life of me I can't see why a premier league club would make that appointment. :hmm:
  • Yes Herb but surely a false economy if they are relegated.
  • I think Ashley has embraced the cash bonazza of being relegated followed by promoted.

Its a great business model if you can pull it off...
  • That appointment is certainly no Brucie bonus.....
  • My guess is that Bruce will walk out around the New Year, citing lack of funds as his excuse for being in 18th place. Then he'll immediately become the manager of the club who have sacked their manager for being in 16th place.
  • You know how it all goes though. He has been so universally written off as a basket case that for sure he will guide them safely to mid table - it happens so often this way
  • How does Steve Bruce keep getting jobs but Chris Houghton is unemployed?

He used to play for Manchester United?

He used to play for Manchester United?

And even better, he absolutely hates us because we stopped them from getting a title :biggrin:
  • He only got the Newcastle job in fergie time