The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• He did this with limited to no funds in a highly competitive environment
  • Lemme check, you're talking about rafa, right? :hmm: :wink:
  • Rafa has has a net spend of £0.5m since promotion 2 seasons ago, so not so bad then.
  • alderz said:

Sam’s isn’t really comparable as he was only half a season, and I think Roeder was the same but I can’t remember.

The Rodent had 1.5 seasons with them, and did pretty well from memory (statistically)
  • baracks :ok:

I'm shocked it was so long!

72 games, 33 wins, 45.83% (all competitions)
  • Only 15 losses?

You have to say that’s very very good
  • Since Curbishley's last managerial post (with us) in 2008, Mark Hughes has been appointed by 4 different clubs...
  • I wonder which team has produced the most managers, i.e. players who went on to become top flight managers,

We must be up there somewhere, J Bond, J, Lyall, Harry, Bonzo, Slaven, PDC, and Curbs come to mind, not counting Frank Lampard Jr, and Moore who only held lower league positions nor Keven Keen, Scott Parker and Trevor who were caretakers.

Anyone I missed off??

• Malcolm Allison, Noel Cantwell, John Bond, Frank O'Farrell. Malcolm Musgrave, Dave Sexton, Jimmy Andrews, sat around the tables at Cassettari's discussing tactics using ketchup bottles and salt & pepper shakers.

The Academy.
  • Indeed. It was my day off yesterday and I'd spent most of it down the pub...
  • Martin O'Neill sacked by Notts Forest, didn't he only join them a short while back. :hmm:
  • 5 months ago, after Karanka left saying his relationship with the club hierarchy had brokn down.
  • They waited all of 20 mins before naming his successor
  • There’s a surprise lol someone lined up already who’d have thought
  • Julian Dicks to join Slav at the Baggies
  • Nice work if you can get it. I really struggled to see that Dicksy did any good when he was with us in that role.
  • Harsh, thought he couldn't have done a much better job of putting out cones.
  • edited July 2019
    So Rafa, who cited Newcastle’s different vision for the future of the club as the reason for him leaving, decides his ambition is matched in China. :hmm:
  • Honestly, I don’t think it’s related. I really think if Ashley wasn’t such a nincompoop Benitez would have rebuffed any offers from China. He knows he probably won’t get a bigger club than Newcastle, and he probably doesn’t fancy starting another project.
  • And £12 mil a year probably helps :biggrin:
  • nincompoop :lol:

Its, such a great word.
  • I have always liked “buffoon” :ok:
  • chicago

:ok:

Brilliant 'keeper.
  • So who will be sacked first Ole at Manure or Fat Frank at the chavs
  • For the record, I really have had a problem with Chelsea my entire life, however, the appointment of Frank has created a pause in my ire.

Just for a moment, a brief window appeared and I allowed myself the freedom to nod in the direction of the Bridge and wish him well.

Thankfully that window quickly closed
  • So who will be sacked first Ole at Manure or Fat Frank at the chavs

For me, Ole, all day long

• OGS ............... Ole's Going Soon
  • OGS - he's a bit of a buffoon :wave: I always think of Tony Hancock when that word is uttered :bowdown: