The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• I think Houghton had got to where Slav got with us; for whatever reason, he'd lost that ability to make a difference, and whatever he tried wasn't working.
  • edited May 2019
    I actually thought Brighton have always been quite pleasing on the eye, given the players they have.

I think what happened at the back end of last season is a common thing that happens at clubs that struggle, they lose form & confidence & their performances then become worse. The football then looks bad & a knee-jerk decision is made.
  • Quite plaesing on the eye Luke, Then ur idea of football is different to mine!!!!
  • Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t Man City. But they haven’t got a great side. Certainly seen far worse.
  • According to the Guardian Sarri has told Chelsea he wants to go back to Italy for "family reasons"...and to be the next Juventus manager.

If he goes Chelsea might have a problem attracting a top level manager because of the transfer ban so they might opt for Frank Lampard.
  • Has Sarri got Payets agent :hmm:

#Family reasons
  • His wife thinks Chelsea stink
  • That runners-up medal walk must be some of the least enjoyable moments of anyone's career
  • Bilic in talks with West Brom.
  • Hope he gets the job might actually make West Brom a less boring team watch.
  • They interviewed Slav on Monday night.
  • The Guardian reporting that Sarri has been offered a 3-year contract by Juventus and Chelsea have agreed to him leaving.

Replacements now include ex-Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri, Nuno Espírito Santo, Javi Gracía, Laurent Blanc and Frank Lampard,
  • :hmm: Good luck to all of them .You think one would be enough :biggrin:
  • Neil Atkins left hull mutual consent over transfer budget apparently, thort that was the big club mo Diame left us for
  • Leyton Orient manager Justin Edinburgh has sadly died.
  • :poppy: So sad remember him as a player :poppy:
  • McHammer said:

Leyton Orient manager Justin Edinburgh has sadly died.

I remember :poppy:
  • He managed billericay town as well sad news
  • Such a young age, makes u again think how precious life is. :poppy:
  • edited June 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48621629

*Googles price of West Brom 2019 shirt*
  • Good luck Slaven
  • Hope he does well there.
  • And I think he will.. I will always remain a fan of his, both on the pitch and as a manager.
  • Good Luck to him :ok:
  • Without question of doubt he has been my favourite Hammers Manager for many years, Good Luck Slav :thumbsup:
  • Absolutely gutted that he’s managing anyone else, was obviously bound to happen, the mans got to put food on the table......

Good luck to him

:weep:
  • I so much wanted Slav to succeed with us. I really hope he does well with West Brom.