The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• Jack Collison has left WHU academy and joined Atlanta United as a coach with Kevin Keen quitting his assistant manager job at Southend Utd to take over coaching the kids.

Collison says he still has ambitions to manage West Ham.
  • Big move for Jack nice place to live and they get 70k home fans...

Good Luck. :ok:
  • J10C :bowdown:
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48682048

Birmingham City sack Monk.
    I don't watch them nor have I followed their developing story, but based on just this report on the Beeb, it sound like a bit a shambles.

• No surprise there :wave:
  • To be honest will miss him ,but not as much as Newcastle will :biggrin:
  • edited June 2019
    Fair play to Ashley, he's achieved what seemed to be the impossible:

he will now be even less popular with Newcastle fans...
  • All he needs to do now is sell the club to a Sunderland based consortium. :biggrin:
  • Strange really how life turns out.If Real Madrid hadn’t come calling........
  • Sky Sports says that Mark Hughes is joint favourite to be their new manager. How is he still even being considered for jobs?!?!
  • Hughes, Monk and Moyes all being linked.

Newcastle fans must be crying into their ale right now.
  • Oh please please can that be true

Not least because it will mean a glut of goals for Arnie plus two wins when we play them next season
  • It's a bit of a poison chalice at the moment. You take the job, Ashley sells, new owner gets his own manager in. Give it to Hughes. :lol:
  • Does he still technically have no relegations against his name? I’ve lost track so can’t remember
  • Who big sam😜
  • edited June 2019
    I reckon Ashley will want:
    a) A big name
    b) Someone who will see Newcastle as a big step up and accept his terms
    c) Someone with a historic link to the club

Step forward... Sol Campbell

If it's not one of the usual mob, that's where my money goes.
  • One of the bookmakers has been reported to have already paid out on Newcastle being relegated next season.
  • Thats the Sunderland branch of BetFred... :whistle:
  • Hughes, Monk and Moyes all being linked.

Newcastle fans must be crying into their ale right now.

I can see pitch forks and flaming torches gathering in the Big Market as I type :biggrin:
  • Geordies self combusting on Twitter. :lol:
  • Seriously, who could blame them?

I know fans can be precious, but this must really hurt.
  • I’d be livid.
  • I know,I just had the stereotypical Geordie in my head ,sitting in his full Newcastle kit,half a dozen Newcastle Browns by his side,flames shooting out of his laptop,Mike Ashley dartboard on the wall and smoke coming out of his ears.
    I know we shouldn’t laugh at others’ misfortune but in this case I excuse myself.
  • For those of you who don’t mind a bit of flowery language, check out The True Geordie’s views on the current state of affairs at Newcastle on you tube
  • Barack’s, not sure if I have to look, I can only imagine :lol:
  • The thought of Avram Grant being allowed back into football management is awful, even if it is with Newcastle.
  • Apparently Rafa’s win percentage in the PL with Newcastle is worse than Sam’s, Pardew’s and the Rodent’s
  • Sam’s isn’t really comparable as he was only half a season, and I think Roeder was the same but I can’t remember.

Though his % isn’t amazing, I think he did a good job in stabilising a club that is an absolute basket case