The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• There’s a line of thought amongst some that Rafa isn’t necessarily entirely the innocent party in the Rafa v Ashley debate

Because Rafa was supposedly offered a transfer kitty of £90m plus any player sales (not insignificant). But that the “vision” that was not shared was a salary to Rafa to be matching what he was offered in China
  • Huddersfield manager sacked after last nights game
  • No surprise.
  • Gracia gone from Watford :puzzled:
  • :nonono:

And they've appointed an ex manager (Flores)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49622403

They've only had one manager last more than a season since 2013.

Some kind of Voldemort curse going on :sofa:
    (One for the Potter nerds.)
  • Watford seem to do better when they change their manager often. They experimented by giving Gracia longer and ended up at the bottom of the league

Fully expect them to revert to type and I reckon Flores will be gone by Feb
  • With this (and all that) in mind, I predicted Gracia would be the first boss sacked... Errmmm, last season.

# So close
  • IBL will be pleased with that bit of same same imo :lol:
  • Doesn’t matter what you did last season, you’re only judged on your last few games.
  • Baz: so did I. This year it was Graham Potter, so book him in for first gone next season....
    Gracia was First Team Coach, not Manager - Watford don't believe in managers. Seem to do ok with that system, despite Watford being my most disliked football team.
  • I'm thinking Silva might go in this break. I can't see the owners waiting until some future point?
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm thinking Silva might go in this break. I can't see the owners waiting until some future point?

Yup. Would be about our luck for them to get that new manager bounce against us.
  • Reading look ready to hand Mark Hughes a return to management...

I'll leave you to ponder that, swirl it around a bit and see what comes out

# :hmm:
  • 22nd in the Champo, no win in 6 games.

Maybe Sparky has finally found his level.
  • It will all end in tears :lol:
  • Hold on there, Sparky has the Man U job in his sights.... :yercoat:
  • In my view Reading should be trying to tempt Chris Houghton who has not taken a role since leaving Brighton. He has proven Championship form getting both Newcastle and Brighton promoted, as well as keeping clubs in the Premiership.

• In my view Reading should be trying to tempt Chris Houghton who has not taken a role since leaving Brighton. He has proven Championship form getting both Newcastle and Brighton promoted, as well as keeping clubs in the Premiership.

I rate him as an excellent championship manager and don't understand why he doesn't get more jobs
  • Sol Campbell is the new manager at Southend United and Andy Cole is his attacking coach.
  • Ooh how exciting ASLEF I used to go to Roots Hall all the time and still look out for their results. :thumbsup:
  • Don't look tonight Giant, don't look tonight. :lol:
  • They have lost tonight at home 7-1 & had 2 players sent off. Sol has a large task ahead of him it would appear.
  • "But I'm Sol Campbell"
  • Herb, always knew they were rubbish! :lol:
  • Stoke sack Jones:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49428903

Sparky will be checking his phone every couple of minutes.
  • A man who's been walking the managerial tightrope for years....

• Or...

# I've said it before, I'll say it again. Dance while the record spins!#

• Up here for thinking

Down here for dancing

I’m not terribly good at either.
  • Looks like stoke maybe close to appointing michael O’Neill as their manager. Young, up and coming, very highly regarded and on an upwards curve in their career. Wasted on a toxic club like stoke