The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• :angry: Typical just when we were going to smash them :angry:
  • Mrs G, I have to tend to agree but that is just another frustration I have about the club at the moment. Appear to aspire to be a BIG club but don't have the money & all that could bring to enable to us to be real challengers.

Exactly this. Being a big club is more than having a big new stadium; our owners lack the finances and competence (IMO) to ever get us to where they aspire to be.
  • So spurs get a big new stadium spend relatively little money and now sack their manager.oh well got to laugh :lol: they would do the same about us
  • So it's no wonder Spurs fans are delusional when Levy is the most delusional of them all. :doh:
  • Mourinho expected to be announced tomorrow so in place for Saturday.
  • I think that might have suited Poch very well. I think he realised he wouldn't get supported at Spurs as he would a really big club but had that recent contract which knowing Levy probably had some big compensation clauses were it broken. He has seemed a bit like a wantaway striker and I have little doubt he will end up at a big club soon and do very well. I think Spurs may struggle to replace him with someone as good.
  • If we ever hired Mourinho I would stop following West Ham.

Let him go to Tottenham and destroy them.
  • Crikey, Maureen appointed already, just announced
  • Mourinho confirmed as manager on Spuds website and will be in charge for Saturday according to the Guardian.
  • Levy must have been talking to Jose for a few weeks in anticipation of sacking Poch.
  • I have to say that if I theoretically had the chance to employ Poch or Jose, I wouldnt think twice about choosing the former. They say he lost the dressing room and certain players weren't playing for him. If true, I'd have backed him and shipped out the culprits. Spurs have a large enough squad to have kept them out of the side and recruited a few in Jan/the Summer. Im not saying Mourinho will fail but it wouldnt surprise me at all. He wont get the funds he had at Chelsea, Madrid or Man utd and, for me, hes an old school defensive manager. Id have sought out a younger more modern coach... In any case, if Spurs suck everyones happy :biggrin:
  • Levy must have been talking to Jose for a few weeks in anticipation of sacking Poch.

All executed with clinical precision. Literally within 12 hours - no dithering and waiting to interview numerous candidates, etc

• All executed with clinical precision. Literally within 12 hours - no dithering and waiting to interview numerous candidates, etc

Says who?
  • Love him or loathe him, one thing Maureen is is a trophy machine.

Two things that still make me smile whilst West Ham goes through its trials and tribulations

1) Liverpool have never won the PL
    2) Spurs have not won a trophy in an eternity in spite of much huffing and puffing

I am dreading the fact the prospect that both of these may soon cease to be the case..
  • All executed with clinical precision. Literally within 12 hours - no dithering and waiting to interview numerous candidates, etc

Says who?
    It’s a fact as far as the outside world is concerned. The groundwork will have taken longer, however the whole of the outside world was totally oblivious
  • Love him or loathe him, one thing Maureen is is a trophy machine.

Two things that still make me smile whilst West Ham goes through its trials and tribulations

1) Liverpool have never won the PL
    2) Spurs have not won a trophy in an eternity in spite of much huffing and puffing

I am dreading the fact the prospect that both of these may soon cease to be the case..

I dont think no2 will happen this season ;)
  • I just cannot see Mourinho going down well with the spurs players.
    He used to be good but the dour miserable Mourinho of the last few years wouldn’t inspire them.
    Might see a few players leaving .
    That said this West Ham side is easily playing the worst football in the premier league by far so the spurs players won’t have to do too much to win unless Pellegrini has somehow managed to instil a bit of passion , desire and will to win in the team.
    Also If Pochettino has been sacked then Pellegrini should be next he has turned us into an utter shambles of a team.
  • It’s a fact as far as the outside world is concerned. The groundwork will have taken longer, however the whole of the outside world was totally oblivious

All that suggests is that those involved kept their mouths shut rather than leaking to the press, going on Twitter, etc.

Levy and his crew must have been in contract negotiations with Moron for days, weeks even, and didn't pull the plug on Poch until they'd got everything sorted.

Winning trophies with Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid, even Man U is one thing, Spurs are a very different prospect.
  • Anybody got any direct info on what Spurs fans think?
  • Aslef winning games is a challenge for us at the moment let alone trophies
  • MrsGrey said:

Anybody got any direct info on what Spurs fans think?

Mate of mine who is a STH and went to the CL final said he wanted Poch gone, but now that he has, he is shocked and saddened

And he said he wanted Maureen but now it’s actually happened he’s not sure

:hmm:
  • If, for arguments sake, we placed Pep and Klopp :bowdown: as the top 2 managers in the Prem... Where would folks put Poch in that list?

I'd say only Brendan Rogers and possibly Nuno's stock are currently higher. I dont think we'd get him but I'd jump at the chance to sign him
  • MrsGrey said:

If they thought then they would not support the spuds :biggrin:
  • edited November 2019

Also If Pochettino has been sacked then Pellegrini should be next he has turned us into an utter shambles of a team.

The bookies still rank Emery 1st and Hasenhuttl 2nd with some putting Pellegrini 4th behind Solskjaer.
  • Won nothing with the spuds despite attractive football, just saying
  • Cuz1 said:

Won nothing with the spuds despite attractive football, just saying

He would fit right in with us as we already do the winning nothing bit :lol:

• If we ever hired Mourinho I would stop following West Ham.

Let him go to Tottenham and destroy them.

Lets review at the end of the season & see how much damage he has done although next year will be the time to properly assess him as it will be his first proper season. We of course come from a position of strength with the likes of Wigan and Swansea having won domestic honours since we last won something!
  • edited November 2019
    MrsGrey said:

The four spurs fans I know would all rather get relegated with Poch than have Jose.
  • Most of the Spurs fans I know have more of a problem with Daniel Levy than Pochetino. And also suggest that it is possibly the same with some key players.