The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Yeah, perhaps we'll loan him out. ;doh
  • And pay his wages cus we don’t want him to go
  • edited July 2018
    I'm thinking this is how it played out:

PEDRO: You wanted to see me, boss?

PELLE: Yes, look I need you to do me a favour. Mr Sullivan is very sad as he hasn't been able to play in the transfer market this season, so I told him to see about a deal for you with Sampdoria.

PEDRO: What? But you said I was an important part of your plans, and now you want me out?

PELLE: No, no, not at all. I have already told Mr Sullivan it will be your decision.

PEDRO: I still don't get it.

PELLE: Look, Mr Sullivan gets to spend time negotiating with Sampdoria, and that makes him happy. If they can't make a deal, no problem. If they do make a deal, you just say you'd rather stay here, and I say how delighted that makes me.

PEDRO: OK, boss, if that's what you want.

PELLE:Thanks, Pedro, and you wait, it will be worth it when you see his smiley happy face
  • Probably get him for about forty quid and a trade in of Sullys old ford Consul.
  • C&H and football london saying we rejected a opening £11mil bid for Kouyate saying we want £15mil but are in no rush to sell

As usual, dunno if the source is any way reliable but I think that would be an good bit of business even if it is to a premier league rival
  • £15m is a good price for a player that has been in decline for the last two seasons. I don't think he threatens the first XI this coming season with Rice, Wilshere, Obiang and Noble already ahead of him in the pecking order (IMO at least), so if we can get £15m for him, and another £10m for Oxford, and reinvest in a replacement midfielder then I'm all for it.
  • http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3577191/west-hams-javier-hernandez-not-on-market-sporting-director

Husillos does say "for the moment" but it seems clearer than ever Pellegrini feels Hernandez is very much part of his plans
  • https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-west-ham-set-to-hand-26y-o-senior-star-new-deal-after-top-flight-interest-2/

Article states we are looking to give Obiang a new deal to fend off Sampdoria interest ;hmm
  • Don't think we were going to sell both Obiang and Kouyate. As we have already turned down an offer from Palace I think Kouyate is the one going.
  • We are trying to use Kouyate as part of the deal to obtain Marega from Porto according to reports.
  • Fulham close to signing both Mawson and Mitrovic. Although I didn’t realise Mawson was injured and will miss the start of the season. Not bad business for them added to Schurle & Seri.
  • Well mitrovic was with them last year,so they are just making it permanent

But true with mawson its a big statement of intent from them...again
  • Ok so who had heard of Seri b4 the last 2 months?...
  • Who's Seri, now?
  • Isn't Seri the talking woman on a make of phone?
  • Preston

Now you're just being Seri...
  • Sure other premier league teams are satimg the same about Anderson, Balbuena & diop
  • According to Mundo Deportivo, we are ready to activate Real Betis striker Loren Moron’s £22 million release clause.
  • Has he got a brother called Gordon?
  • Is he related to Kevin?
  • Has he got a brother called Gordon?

Has he got a brother called Gordon?

Grey no, but I know he’s a moron, Gordon is a moron lol blast from my youthful past
  • Soz club finger malfunction lol
  • Well mitrovic was with them last year,so they are just making it permanent

But true with mawson its a big statement of intent from them...again

And to be fair mitrovic had a good World Cup
  • Ex suggesting we're looking to discuss a few things with Porto, notably a Kouyate-Marega swap.

We were also linked with their DM Danilo last summer, so I wonder if that one's on the agenda too ;hmm
  • Makes sense if we’re getting rid of Hugill. But it means we’ll need another midfielder I think. Rice, Obiang, Noble and Wilshere for 3 CM positions isn’t enough.

There’s Cullen and Fernandes but I don’t think they’re good enough, imo. Maybe Lanzini will play as the furthest forward CM when he’s back?
  • Rice has looked every inch the DM in the last two games, but we need cover. I don't think Obiang or Noble have the defensive ability or mindset to play that role effectively, and Kouyate is likely to leave, so if Rice gets injured or had to play CB then we're light in that key area again.

Toure could yet fill that role, I reckon, though I can't decide if he'd be a good signing or not.
  • Even if Rice is the designated DM, relying on a 19 year old to fulfil that role for 38 games a season, with no competition, is naive at best.
  • OCS,

Best get baking then! ;biggrin
  • Definitely need a decent DM otherwise Pellegrini will end up like Bilic and Moyes when they started with a back 4 then quickly realised a back 3 and wingbacks was our best formation due to a lack of a quality DM.

I think if Pellegrini wants to play a back 4 he definitely has to push for that final signing to be a DM.
This discussion has been closed.