The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• 25 senior players? Isn't that the maximum possible we are allowed for the season

GK: Adrian Fab (Trott)
    RB: Zab Fredericks Byram
    LB: Cressy Arthur
    CB: Balbuena Oggy Diop Reid (INJ) (Rice) (Oxford)
    CM: Noble Wilshere Obiang Kouyate Cullen Fernandes
    AM: Anderson Yarmolenko Antonio Snodgrass Lanzini (INJ) (Holland) (Sead)
    ST: Arnie Hernandez Hugill Carroll (INJ) (Martinez)

Count that as 26 senior players, 3 of whom have long term injuries

Would say that we are pretty well stocked atm
  • You could argue that you could leave out Reid, Lanzini & Carroll from the 25, freeing up extra space.
  • Sorry, Josh! I'd left him out for some reason. With Moses Makasi that makes 27 'senior' players, so 2 of those can't go on the squad list.

What I meant by 'not over-loaded' was that there wasn't any pressing need to get rid of many players.

If Cullen and Makasi went on loan, for example, that would trim the list to 25.
  • Aren't a couple of them 21 or under ;hmm
  • The ones in the brackets are U21, so 26 excluding Rice, Oxford, Trott, Holland, Martinez & Sead

• Lukerz, Lanzini definitely ;ok

Depends on the prognosis of the other 2 ... if 3 months is still looking likely, then I'd say they have to be named. Come the Christmas rush, and likelihood of other players having winter injuries, we'll need as many players as possible to be available, imo.
  • I'd expect Trott, Martinez and Haksabanovic (at least) to be left behind when the squad goes to Austria.
  • I think Sead may have done enough to stay (was very bright when he came on vs villa) as Pellegrini likes his wingers/attacking midfielders
  • Isn't Cullen under 21? ;hmm
  • 22 according to Wikipedia
  • The cut off is being under 21 on Jan 1st of the year the season starts, so Cullen was OK last season, but not this.
  • Fernandes also tunred 22
  • Champo

Yes, his name is on ze list.

That's why I make it 27.
  • I still count it as 26 ;whistle

I hope we don't have to balance the books, just from previous seasons it would be unexpected if we made a net loss of £90mil plus

But im happy of we are going to reinforce any players who may leave

Just hope the spending isn't a one time thing ;ok
  • Grey

If the U21 rule is that they were U21 at the start of the year, then I don't think Issa Diop will be a 'senior' player registered, as he was 21 on 9th January.

If that's the case, I have it as 25 + Diop, Oxford & Rice

1. Adrian
    2. Fabianski
    3. Balbuena
    -. Diop
    4. Ogbonna
    -. Oxford
    5. Reid
    6. Byram
    7. Cresswell
    8. Fredericks
    9. Masuaku
    10. Zabaleta
    11. Cullen
    12. Fernandes
    13. Kouyate
    14. Noble
    15. Obiang
    -. Rice
    16. Wilshere
    17. Anderson
    18. Antonio
    19. Lanzini
    20. Snodgrass
    21. Yarmolenko
    22. Arnautovic
    23. Carroll
    24. Hernandez
    25. Hugill

I guess you could include Moses Makasi, but it seems unlikely that he'll be in the first team
  • Hadn't realised Diop was so young.

Think you have to factor Makasi in somehow. I agree he probably won't play, but he is a currently contracted senior player, so if the club don't sell him or move him on, he would, as things stand, not be on the squad list, but paid by the club.
  • Daily mail saying we are after moussa marega Mali international at Porto he’s valued at 22m and looking at kueyete being part of the deal, can’t say I’ve heard of him to be honest though
  • Daily mail is awful imo
    That, the sun and the mirror arent worth paying attention to 99% of the time

Also it would be odd to spend £22m on a striker when he is probably 3rd choice (unless Hernandez moves)
  • I actually agree champo on both counts and me personally would prefer a more prolific scorer for that money
  • Nathan Holland is rumoured to have been impressed and not being sent out on loan so he might be included in first team squad
  • Isn't 22 in 29 games prolific.
  • Pearces

For the purpose of the 25 player squad list, players under 21 don't need to be named, but can still play in the first team.
  • Isn't 22 in 29 games prolific.

Soz thorn think I was reading someone else lol I’d read 6 in 35
  • I think this would be one of those deal where the balance tips between filling spaces we really need and causing upheaval with too many changes. Hope whoever is (surely) coming in, is significantly better and can settle.
  • It may be worth a shot keeping him as we have seen his ability at times. It is interesting the difference player management can make to players. Although there was indeed a change of position as well Arnie looked a different player under Moyes as opposed Billic, Whilst Payet seemed reach new heights under Slav when first arriving. Lets hope Pelle can bring a few to a new level.
  • That SKY report just doesn't make sense. We are going to go through all the transfer process then ask him if he wants to go even though we don't want to sell him. ;puzzled
  • iH we are West Ham
This discussion has been closed.