The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Sampdoria signing Viera from Leeds for £6m. A CM similar to Obiang. Reckon that means Pedro’s move is off.
  • edited July 2018
    Was it ever on? ;hmm

Kouyate always likely to be the one to go, IMO.

Frees up the No8 shirt for Anderson ;wahoo (he's worn No28 in pre-season, much like Arnie did with No27 last summer before moving to No7 when Feghouli left)
  • Leeds move for Vydra has fallen through so maybe they will step up Hughill interest now.
  • One can only hope

Has he even played during preseason?
  • He has but is currently injured
  • Byram, Oxford, Fernandes, Hugill & Haksabanovic have all be omitted from the Austria trip.
  • ;hmm Now lets all read into what that means
  • I’m not surprised by that. I don’t think any of them are getting near the first team.
  • Surprised that Haksa isn't going. Thought he did ok in the last couple of games.
  • I mean I would like Haksbanovic to go but if we’re trying to set up our squad as though we’re playing a premier league game, I don’t think he’ll be playing. Maybe next year, just my opinion.
  • Fabianski
    Fredericks Balbeuna Ogbonna Masuaku
    Noble Obiang Wilshere
    Yarmo Arnie Anderson

Sub: Adrian, Zabaleta, Diop, Rice, Antonio, Snodgrass, Hernandez

Struggle to see Sead in the 18, but he'd be first attacking mid reserve for Snodgrass or Antonio (who both may be off) imo

Also a wee bit surprised to see Fernandes omitted, deffo feels like cullen has jumped ahead of him. Still think he has a part to play, especially in a midfield 3 where his energy would be good
  • Think Pelle is focusing on the team he will play v Liverpool.
  • I’d still start with Adrian imo he’s the better of the two
  • Me too, Flappy Handski is only a bit of an upgrade to Joe Hart
  • Fabianski reminds me a lot of Jussi.
  • Jussi ;bowdown
  • Jussi was a legend.
    Fabianski is not!
  • Finland's Best ;wahoo
  • When one considers that a worse version of mignolet and karius cost £12.5m I’m struggling to see many other options outside of signing someone like Fabianski given that we were down to one keeper

Or would people have preferred us to sign Hart for another season?

;hmm
  • Who says Ward is a worse case than Mignolet and Karius? And he's probably better than Hart too.
  • I hope Kouyate stays.
  • I hope Kouyate stays.

I’m unsure the kouyate of season before last definitely but last season something wasn’t right and on that evidence is unfortunately a sell for me
  • edited July 2018
    I agree last season Kouyate was overall quite poor. However, he is a player who has proven he can score goals and play in a number of positions ie CB, RB, CM. He also hasn't thrown his toys out the pram when asked to fill in at the back.

The something not quite right last season could be true about a number of players as well as a number of other things at West Ham.
  • I've seen people saying a lot that Noble will improve because he was best in the 2015/16 season with attacking players like Payet around him. That was also Kouyaté's best season for us, IMO, but nobody has given the same argument for him. I trust in Pellegrini to get the best out of him if he stays.
  • Mawson having Fulham medical. Currently recovering from surgery, though.

£15m fee, rising to £20m with add-ons.
  • Struggle to see where his place is in this team. We need him as a defensive mid but hes a box to box mid. Perhaps he would excel in a mid 3 with a proper holding mid but he doesnt work well with obiang

Yes we can keep him and hope he regains his form, but hes 28, on a reported £50k+ a week, coming off 2 seasons he was oretty awful and possibly doubling the money he came in for
  • I think he played as a DM at Ipswich, so Pelle is obviously trying them all (bar Wilshere) out there.
  • This was from HITC

According to Record, West Ham have agreed a deal to sign Portuguese starlet Xande Silva from Primeira Liga side Vitoria Guimaraes for a fee that could rise to around £3 million.
  • Hughill to Villa on loan according to the Sun
This discussion has been closed.