The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Its the sun....

So probably made up
  • Probably ????
  • edited August 2018
    I'll miss Kouyate if he goes. Deja vu Tomkins.
  • £9.5m rising to £11m.

Also being reported Obiang has been subject of a bid by Fulham.

The way it’s going we’re going to need an entire season just to click.
  • Given Collins was never more than a bit part player and Mario was only here for half a season....kouyate would be the first significant departure so far

No need to panic yet
  • Kouyate is Captain for Senegal but didn’t start at the WC, he seems to be a player living off past performance.

He seems to have lost his way for us, lots of energy but not very good as passing and doesn’t seem to have discipline for the DM position.

As long as we sign an upgrade then I think it’s a good sale.
  • On to more important news though... The West Ham merchandising dept. has already been making plans to welcome our new signings....

HowayTheLadsMug
  • edited August 2018
    So the rumours from various website i have gathered about players we are looking at.

Moussa Marega
    Yacine Brahimi
    Joao Felix
    Xande Silva
    Thiago Maia
    Maxi Gomez
    Danilo Pereira
    Hector Herrera
    Joao Mario
    Danny Drinkwater
    Yerry Mina
    Andre Gomes
    Diego Laxalt
    Thiago Mendes
    Antonio Sanabria
  • It will be interesting to see if we sign a quality DM. Because if we do in spite of us having pedro, rice and Wilshere, many will still see noble as a shoe in. Yet if pelle supposedly plays a strong pressing game, this will likely expose noble because he isn’t quick or agile enough to operate well in a side which has that style of play.
  • re: Leaders

When I look at our squad I see a lot of leaders, personally. Adrian, Noble, Rice, Wilshere, Zabaleta are all vocal on the pitch and will lead in organisation on the pitch. Reid, Zabaleta, Noble, Wilshere, Diop & Balbuena have all captained clubs or their countries before. Then you have players who lead by example in their play, like Arnie.

I think we are well stocked for characters, and won't see too many people hiding.
  • So the rumours from various website i have gathered about players we are looking at.

Moussa Marega
    Yacine Brahimi
    Joao Felix
    Xande Silva
    Thiago Maia
    Maxi Gomez
    Danilo Pereira
    Hector Herrera
    Joao Mario
    Danny Drinkwater
    Yerry Mina
    Andre Gomes
    Diego Laxalt
    Thiago Mendes
    Antonio Sanabria

A stating the obvious moment... I LOVE TRANSFERS!!

rA9tbg3
  • If we get Maia say I think it would have been an exceptional transfer window , we have added quality attacking players , kept our best players and added some strength in defence. We have also reduced the average age of the squad.
  • We were light in midfield before selling Kouyate.We are now woefully short. We need at least one quality CM as replacement.
  • edited August 2018
    Split Kouyate comments to a new thread. ;ok

Think he deserves his own goodbye after 4 years & I'm sure there will be good luck messages posted & discussion about his importance that would be better in a new discussion. ;ok
  • Kouyates role in this squad wouldve been as the holding midfielder...which he was 3rd choice behind Obiang and Rice

Still need a new midfielder though. Maia seems exciting as would the Celtic lad Ntcham

Have a feeling it may end up being Drinkwater on loan as it makes a lot of sense
  • Ex says Mario wants to return to us over other interested clubs & we want a 2 year loan deal with an obligation to buy at the end of it. He says it'll go right to the end as Inter still want to flog him but may settle for a loan deal as the window draws to a close.
  • Would love to have him back ,and he wants to come
  • Agree

Think he suits a midfield 3 and the passing game weve shown in preseason

A 2 year loan is a little strange, but they do them abroad all the time

Seems like a pretty decent deal...if true
  • Mario not happening now, according to Ex.
  • Lukerz,

Where would he have fitted in? IMHO Thiago Maia is a far more important signing to have for how the team plans to set up. ;ok
  • Ex also reports Obiang & Antonio will be staying with us. ;hmm
  • edited August 2018
    Mawson joins Fulham for £15m. Don't overly rate him tbh, but a decent signing for Fulham given they've just been promoted.

Burnley have bid for Clucas (£8m) & Rodriguez (£16m, which was rejected), & have also bid £12m for Boro's Ben Gibson.
  • Can someone close the transfer window now. The longer it goes on the more worried about the coming season I become. Seven/eight in already with Maia, Mario, Maxi, Mina and Mamma Mia perhaps to follow.

I may be in a minority of one but four words spring to mind:

Peter Ridsdale Leeds United
  • Sky Italy reporting that Obiang has asked to leave.
  • If Obiang does go we will HAVE to sign a quality CDM, maybe it might sharpen the focus on Maia? The Italian transfer window also stays open longer than the English one so we still aren't sure of him staying until late August!
  • Some Twitter noise that we're back in for Bernard on a free (although his wages would be huge).

Could be one to keep an eye on over the next week.
  • adecoker said:

Can someone close the transfer window now. The longer it goes on the more worried about the coming season I become.

This season, I expect the transfer speculation thread will stay open even after the (Premier League) window closes...

#beafraid
  • So the rumours from various website i have gathered about players we are looking at.

Moussa Marega
    Yacine Brahimi
    Joao Felix
    Xande Silva
    Thiago Maia
    Maxi Gomez
    Danilo Pereira
    Hector Herrera
    Joao Mario
    Danny Drinkwater
    Yerry Mina
    Andre Gomes