The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Dunno why its a surprise

Pretty much everyone agreed the club lacked any depth let alone quality in depth

And we have a manager with a completely different style of play

There were gonna be a lot of moves, the squad needed an overhaul
  • Its true we needed a major clear out and to eeduce the squad age a bit.

Hopefully things click fast. Might be a good 10 games before we get settled.
  • Likely, but a positive is that barring any potential deals they have all been done pretty early in the window

Apart from Anderson & Fabianksi theyve already had a good few games together unlike the 16/17 window were we brought in Ayew, Zaza, Calleri etc in late in the window
  • It will be a great shame having spent alot of money on some very exciting new players if we don't address the issue that has hampered us over the last couple of seasons, a quality CDM. We realised it was a problem, if stories are to be believed, in that had we not bought Obiang we would have pursued our interest in Kante so now Kouyate's gone I reckon we need to pick Maia up on our way back from playing Angers.
  • It is the last piece in the Jigsaw a decent CDM / DM. If we can secure that we should then have quality through the spine. Instead of quality in various positions.

This could be an Everton like season where it goes belly up in the first 10 - 15 games or a Spurs like season where we begin the challenge on the top 6 and start nipping at the heels.
  • We still have Rice and Obiang to cover that position I am hoping with the added quality we will retain the ball a lot better this season and it wont be such a problem as last year, if not we will have to go full Kevin Keegan tactics and win 4-3 every week :smile:
  • We still have Rice and Obiang to cover that position I am hoping with the added quality we will retain the ball a lot better this season and it wont be such a problem as last year, if not we will have to go full Kevin Keegan tactics and win 4-3 every week :smile:

Wasn't that Wenger's plan for the last 14 years?
  • alderz,

Yes and the minute he leaves his replacement sees where the problem is and buys Torreira who would have been perfect for us. ;weep
  • SSN reporting Everton may offer £3 million for Reece Oxford!!!!!!!
  • Everton's squad is bursting at the seams!
  • Burnley agree fee with Middlesbrough for Ben Gibson...

Should we be interested ;hmm
  • So you think hes a touch of the Michael Keanes as opposed to a bit of Harry Maguire then ;hmm
  • Lucas Perez linked on sky Italia

Sead Hamsandwich loan to Malaga being mentioned elsewhere.
  • Sky say we are close to singing CB Harold Moukoudi for about €11mil

Never heard of him, plays for ligue 2 team Le Harve, 20 years old but surely we are overstocked at CB
  • WHU_C_l_i_7_y,

Yes and seriously understocked in a decent CDM. There is until Thursday for that to all change and it wouldn't surprise me if a few left and went to European clubs after our domestic window closes unless it is the "old" West Ham and we end up with no quality player to fill the void. Rumours of Camacho from Wolfsburg, Gonalons at Roma or Maia @ Lille. I do hope one of these turns into a further addition. ;pray
  • Hodgson on Kouyate: “I was a little bit surprised to get him as I always thought he was one of the important figures in midfield but when the opportunity presented itself the club were swift to act.”
  • Can’t belive Hodgson got another job.
  • We’re close to signing Lucas Perez. Not a bad signing as a back-up.
  • or...
    Arsenal have accepted a £4.45m bid from Sporting Lisbon for Spanish striker Lucas Perez, 29. (A Bola - in Portuguese)
    BBC Gossip
  • Brahimi deal is off, sky say we actialyl agreed a fee with Porto but couldnt agree persinal terms....

Still after Marega & Joao Felix

• Still no CDM? ;whistle

Cadburys Dairy Milk ;puzzled
  • edited August 2018
    Expat,

That's simply off topic but our search has turned into a bit of a marathon!
  • edited August 2018
    I have a snickers feeling we may get someone here ;whistle
  • If we still have a Diam to spend...
  • We only really need Maia from those
  • We have as much chance as finding a man on Mars.
  • Twiglit zone
This discussion has been closed.