The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• It may have been a Malteasier if he'd said yes
  • What’s this
    The mirror reports
    Andre Gomes transfer: West Ham wonderkid key to beating Arsenal in race for £48m Barcelona midfielder

The Portuguese playmaker, 25, looks certain to leave the Camp Nou two years after joining from Valencia in a deal worth up to £48m
  • West Ham wonderkid could be the club's trump card in the race to sign Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes.

The Irons face competition from Arsenal for the Portuguese playmaker's signature - but they have an ace up their sleeve in the form of 18-year-old Domingos Quina.

Quina, an exciting winger signed from the Chelsea academy in 2016, has been on the Catalan giants' radar for some time, reports football.london.

And according to Mundo Deportivo , Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini could offer the Portuguese youngster - who previously spent time in Benfica's academy - as a makeweight in a deal for Gomes.
  • Lukerz said:

We’re close to signing Lucas Perez. Not a bad signing as a back-up.

Lucasz ;hmm
  • edited August 2018
    I’m not sure we need to worry about the Construction, Design and Management regulations 2015. But I will take a look if you want.
  • Suze, don't do it. I mean really don't do it.
  • Israeli press linking us with striker Moanes Dabour.
  • edited August 2018
    Adama Traore is going to Wolves for £10m, potentially rising to £20m. Newcastle signing Rondon on a season long loan, Gayle going the other way.
  • Obiang staying according to Sky. Sampdoria won’t go above £9m and we want at least £11m to consider selling. Deal off currently.
  • Good.

Can't believe we were even considering it, TBH.
  • Perez close to signing for a bargain £4m, according to various reports.
  • Lucas Perez for 4m from Arsenal according to "Matt Lawless" I guess Hugill will be out the door if this happens. A good third choice striker.

-Bring in a quality CM/DM and we will look the business.
    Hopefully the Maia deal comes off.

• edited August 2018
    GK - Adrian / Fabianski

LB - Byram / Fredericks / Zabaleta

CB - Balbuena / Diop / Ogbonna / Reid

RB - Cresswell / Masuaku

CM / DM - Obiang / Wilshire / Noble

LM + RM - Snodgrass / Antonio / Anderson / Yarmalenko

AM - Lanzini

Striker - Arnautovic / Hernandez / Hugill / Carroll

Rice - DM or CB (not sure which position Pellegrini sees him yet)

• Football London reporting Perez is a done deal.

Well the headline suggests that then the article says "according to reports"

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/lucas-perez-to-west-ham-14996070
  • Perez is more of a winger than a striker right

Does that mean Antonio may still be out the door, or is he coming in to cover for up front
  • Also heard sead may be off to Malaga on loan

No view to buy though which hints he may have a future here which i like
  • I wonder if Pelle is genuinely looking to field this side regularly at home, with a more 4-3-3 for the tougher fixtures? Could we actually pull that side off without letting in a load of goals?

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Wilshere
    Yarmolenko - Arnautovic - Anderson
    Hernandez

Adrian, Balbuena, Cresswell, Rice, Obiang, Antonio, Perez
  • Fabianski ;hmm flaps a bit
    Adrian better me thinks
  • How weird is this 2nd highest spender.... and still spent only half of Liverpool

BD025BBB-B3C8-4377-8579-F4F97926AC88
  • Bernard going to Everton so that's one off the "list".
  • now we know why we have London on the badge.... transfer planning...

Perez' agent: "West Ham want him and they have made an offer. It is an option. Lucas wants to play regularly and West Ham is an option. There are other clubs but West Ham would allow him to continue in London and Lucas wants to continue in London."
  • Bernard going to Everton so that's one off the "list".

No excuses now if we don't get the defensive midfielder we need!
  • Rubbish fortune, say ,,, it’s up mods, then us coyi
  • So Palace and Everton pulled off coups with free transfers for meyer and Bernard respeictively

Id love to know how much they got for a singing on fee and what they are making each week (given both put off bigger teams apparantly with their wage demands)
  • Their demands have been mentioned regularly (Meyer in an article on BBC website a while back I think and Bernards wage demands have accompanied every rumour about him). I'm happy we didn't get either of them if it means we struggled FFP wise.

If we get Perez for 4M I'd be happy. She was great as a dance on Soul Train too ;wink
  • I see we are now being linked with Carlos Sanchez as our new defensive midfielder, Please NO....
    IMHO he is below average at best.
  • Perez looks lovely in his 15/16 YouTube highlights. I didn’t know who he was until today, but he’s close to being my favorite player.
  • Perez is a shrewd bit of business & the sort of signing we've missed out on in the past. Hungry to play, still determined to prove himself in the PL, plays as a wide forward to a striker. Would be happy with that signing for the rumoured £4m-£10m range. He'll give us another wide option (assuming one of Antonio or Snodgrass will depart before Thursday, hopefully the latter) & also provide cover for Arnie & Hernandez, or possibly partner one of them in a two. He did flop at Arsenal (was only giving 11 appearances to prove himself & most of those were sub cameos) but his record everywhere else is good, including last season where he started to find his scoring boots again.
  • I would personally prefer us to sign another out of favour forward from Arsenal in Welbeck, think he could do a good job for us.
This discussion has been closed.