The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• So do I have this right - Swansea were baulking at our £20m offer for Mawson, however are content with Fulham’s £15m??

;hmm
  • Barracks, I was thinking that myself maybe West London really is posher
  • edited July 2018
    I suppose we either didn't make an offer or they thought we would go higher. Now it's getting closer to the window shutting, they've been forced to accept a lower offer so they have time to get a replacement in.
  • Maybe its the '15M up front' quoted (with 5M add ons) that got the job done ;hmm
  • Did we bid for him though this summer?

Think we did in Jan, but selling him couldve cost them the premier league money (even though they did)
  • We bid for him and Fabianski at the same time apparently....
  • Xande Silva on way for his medical, Kouyate move to Palace may progress a bit more today, in discussions with Jordan Ayew
  • Signing a potential striker makes me feel nervous, surely AC / Hernandez / Arnie is enough (assuming Hugill goes) it makes me think we are losing another striker unless that's Antonio which is he goes for 15m I will facepalm...
  • edited August 2018

Signing a potential striker makes me feel nervous, surely AC / Hernandez / Arnie is enough (assuming Hugill goes) it makes me think we are losing another striker unless that's Antonio which is he goes for 15m I will facepalm...

We lost him about 3 weeks ago to *slither injury.

*another
  • snaaaaaaake
  • Got no problem with the club investing in young players for the future even if they may only be uses to turn the club a profit
  • SSN :West Ham have had a £27m bid for Uruguay's Maxi Gomez turned down as manager Manuel Pellegrini steps up his search for another striker, according to the London Evening Standard.

The Celta Vigo man scored 18 goals for his club last season
  • edited August 2018
    Ex says he has news on three new signings ;hmm

Based on what I've seen today on Twitter I'm guessing it's the young American lad, the young Portuguese lad and the young Swedish lad.
  • Don't get why we need any signing other than a DM.
  • With the surname being Lad, are all three related? ;hmm
  • No issue with buying for the future, which I think those three signings would be.

But yeah, DM should be out No1 priority, IMO.

I do think we need another striker. If Arnie gets injured (or sold), we're looking at Hernandez and Martinez as our striker options, neither of which I think can effectively play the Arnie role.
  • Pelli has said the squad still needs strengthening but he feels he may not have enough time.
  • Preston
    With the surname being Lad, are all three related?
    Is one of them named Shane?

;biggrin
  • edited August 2018
    Badou N’Diaye is being linked with Everton. I’ve said it before but he’ll be perfect for us for our CDM role.

Maybe I should ‘do a Baz’ and change my name in the hope we buy him...Badamou? On second thought maybe I shouldn’t, you know, because of Bazshuayi-gate (sorry Baz ;biggrin).
  • Kouyate undergoing medical at palace according to SSN
  • Guardian reported that a couple hours ago

Palace also close to Max Meyer (great signing) and Jordan Ayew (decent signing)

The kouyate move suits all parties I think, so long as we keep Obiang and reinvest the money

I agree Adam I think N'Diaye could do a job
  • £9.5m up front? That’s pretty paltry IMO. A poor deal from our point of view. I can only think the cash must be desperately needed for something else ;hmm
  • It is baracks, it's being spent on a Lad apparently. ;lol
  • WEST HAM IN FELIX TALKS

West Ham are in talks with Benfica over the signing of Joao Felix.

The 18-year-old has been capped 5 times for Portugal U21s.

West Ham have beaten off competition from Borussia Dortmund and two Premier League clubs.

WEST HAM IN MAREGA & BRAHIMI TALKS

Meanwhile, West Ham are also in talks with Porto over the double signing of striker Moussa Marega and winger Yacine Brahimi.

WEST HAM CLOSE IN ON SILVA

Not only that, but West Ham are also close to signing Vitoria Guimaraes forward Xande Silva.

Silva - is in the UK ahead of a medical - has been capped by Portugal at U15, U16, U17, U18, U19 & U20 level.
    West Ham have a delegation in Portugal - not only to sign these players, but to set up a working partnership with Porto and Benfica.
  • edited August 2018

At this rate we’ll have 11 strangers playing together in our first game against Liverpool.
  • Is Declan Rice up for the task of being our desperately needed CDM? The money planned to be spent in other areas of the squad we won't be getting the big name quality player to anchor the midfield or will we?
  • It's a bit sad to see Kouyate go.

I also think we're still going to need a bumbling box-to-box midfielder to just drive us forward sometimes.
  • I can do the bumbling bit. Not too sure, well in fact I'm certain, I can't do the box to box bit though.
  • Linked with Thiago Maia in the Sun. £20m from Lille. DM.

Says we are close to signing him, even mentions that a deal could be done today.
This discussion has been closed.