The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Obiang for less than 10m is ridiculous. just outright reject the bid as laughable.
  • I didn’t watch Southampton that much last season but when I did, I wasn’t overly impressed with him. I’d definitely prefer Obiang.
  • How come we seem to end up with so little money when we sell a player and others get silly money ,like Watford for Richarlison
  • The only thing I remember about Lemina is he lost possession when pressured in our half and Joao Mario scored seconds later. Not very convincing.
  • steve

To be fair, we got our money back for Ayew and Fonte, £8m for Nordtveit, £5m for Dazzer and £6.5m for Ashley Fletcher.

They may not be huge sums of money, but I think it was great business on our part.
  • Think folks can cross Pulisic off their wish list:

Real Madrid have enquired about signing 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund and USA midfielder Christian Pulisic, who is valued at £60m.
    From BBC gossip, quoting the Mail

STG 60m Wow, he certainly impressed me and shone in a game primarily made up of reserve team players.

If true, that seems a silly amount for a 19 year old.
  • If we had Pulisic, with projected fees for Quina and Obiang, I'd say he'd be worth 13M after we drove a hard bargain ;wink
  • mike said:

Ex-whuemployee is stating we are very interested in Paraguayan international forward Angel Romero .I don't know anything about him but his goal scoring record of eleven from ninety six appearances for corinthians doesn't actually set the world alight. ;hmm

Know nothing about him, but he does look like Brian Cox ;hmm

IMG_20180724_095616
    wasnt he the comedian on Britains got talent?

candis
  • Baz, I think you have a serious eye problem ;biggrin
  • tidy the hair up and get him to smile and they're at least brothers ;whome
  • Can't see it Baz

Screenshot_20180724-173151
  • Pulisic has been a regular in the Dortmund team for 2 seasons, and is basically the talisman for the US national team. He’s an absolute star, and given prices these days I’m surprised it’s as little as £60m
  • edited July 2018
    Kouyate in talks with Porto over a £14m deal according to The Sun.
  • Lukerz said:

Kouyate in talks with Porto over a £14m deal according to The Sun.

Take it.
  • Selling Obiang and Kouyate.... ;hmm
  • Losing Obiang would be to the detriment of the squad, but I don't think we'd miss Kouyate, to be honest. He was a liability in midfield last season.

£14m would be good business, IMO, so long as it's reinvested in another midfielder.

Still think we'll get Drinkwater on loan if nothing else.
  • £14mil is better, I'd deffo take it

Does that mean a new DM is coming...IF we lose both we are dangerously short (already are even if we dont sell)
  • In other news, Rob Green is joining Chelsea.
  • Lukerz said:

In other news, Rob Green is joining Chelsea.

1950s-portrait-wide-eyed-surprised-baby-vintage-images
  • Mc - that really is quite disturbing ;wink
  • It’s a good job we managed to wrap up the Anderson deal before the Lazio president got wind of the sums of money being banded about for Richarlison
  • Sky sources: Crystal Palace are in talks with West Ham United over the signing of midfielder Cheikh Kouyate.

SSN reporter earlier this window that West Ham were listening to offers and value Kouyate at around £10m
  • Well I have no problem with moving Kouyate and Obiang on is they are replaced, and those replacements are improvements. I can only assume they will be replaced as leaving us with a midfield of Noble, Wilshere, Fernandes and Cullen doesn’t suggest top 10 challenge any time soon.
  • I think in the exaggerated transfer market he’s worth more but if it’s reinvested I’d still be happy with the transfer going ahead and with the managers/ boards decision even though he can play in a couple of positions in the team
  • edited July 2018

Obiang for less than 10m is ridiculous. just outright reject the bid as laughable.

Out of him and Kouyate he is the one I’d keep, but at present £10m is about right. He is a CM who doesn’t do anything overly well. He’s not attacking, creative or defensive, doesn’t score regularly or assist often, so I’d say £10m is about right. Kouyate is the more valuable player (at his best you know he is a powerhouse who drives through midfield) but he’s lost all the qualities he used to have, probably just gone stale and needs a change.
  • Pelle obviously wants a major shake up and moving on players he doesn't rate
  • I think combined they make an excellent player but they lack each other's qualities...

If we sell both then we must replace with one too quality DM and maybe a backup..
This discussion has been closed.