The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• I think 1or 2 of obiang Kouyate or Fernandez could go also
  • Does seem likely, especially as Yarmolenko and balbeuna sound close

Cant see us spending over £70mil without some sales balance them out
  • It’s nailed on that some players will be leaving - I’ll reckon we will be trying to raise £20-£25m in doing so
  • McHammer said:

I think 1or 2 of obiang Kouyate or Fernandez could go also

This I would not be upset about.
  • I think one or two will inevitably leave but we did show a nice profit in the January and never spent on the elusive DM last summer, so hopefully the board have chosen this window as the moment to really go for it. They have got a big name manager and seem to be backing him in a significant way. I hope that is the reason for the high spending window so far....... and not that Arnie is off for big money, which would undo it all for me.
  • I have a feeling that Arnie is a done deal and the Ukraine guy is his replacement, just a feeling.
  • Would like to keep Obiang.

Kouyate can be effective but 10M would be a yes.

Fernandez I think is too light weight for the PL so if we can get value for him then I would take it.
  • edited July 2018
    There should be no reason why we won't be spending £60m-£80m. We didn't spend last season & didn't really splash out the season before, have sold the likes of Fonte, Sakho, Payet, Randolph, Tomkins, Valencia, Nordtveit, Fletcher, Feghouli, Ayew etc. Not to mention the likes of Snodgrass, Hugill, Byram etc who will probably go this window.

I would be disappointed immensely if these signings are funded by a big name sale. That is not progression.
  • I have a feeling that Arnie is a done deal and the Ukraine guy is his replacement, just a feeling.

I doubt he'd be flying to our pre-season camp if it was 'done'.
  • This could be the line up at the start of the season

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Balbuena - Masuaku
    Obiang - Wilshere
    Anderson - Arnautovic - Yarmolenko
    Hernandez
  • I’ve seen a few lineups (not just Fortuneseeker’s) showing Arnie not as a striker. I’m pretty sure he’s going to be our main striker next season (assuming he stays).
  • Adam,

I just wanted to get Javier into the line up as most I have seen don't have him starting which will not only be a shame but a mistake IMHO. ;ok
  • According to SSN we'd consider offers in excess of £15M for Antonio.
  • Hmmmm

Seems very low to me

He has struggled with injuries hut hes effective when he is on,and we can deffo get more in this market
  • They're now saying we'd take £10M for Kouyate.
  • Finally we've rejected bids for Obiang but are prepared to sell him.
  • To be fair, Rice (assuming this is his position this season), Noble, Obiang, Kouyate, Wilshere, maybe even Fernandes is a bit excessive for maybe 2 DM/CM places.
  • They're now saying we'd take £10M for Kouyate.

Did they read my post.... ;whistle
  • According to SSN we'd consider offers in excess of £15M for Antonio.

If we sell Antonio to another PL team, we're giving them a dozen goals/assists. His price should reflect not only that, but the fact that they will be scored for a team we are competing with.

I don't want him sold. He's so strong, and quick. I think he is a real asset to us and without him our squad is weakened.
  • I would have Antonio every day of the week as centre foward over Hernandez. We need pace up there of Arnie isn’t playing. Hernandez is too slow and slows play down a lot.
  • I mean I know there are a few players who we could look to move on, but a wholesale revamp of the squad is not smart IMO. Will take a long time for them all to click.
  • Im happy to get rid of Kouyate

But as MrsGrey said when fit hes a guarantee double figures for goals+assists

If bolasie can get sold for £30mil and sigurdsson for £50mil, then Antonio is at least £25mil
  • If we can get a good price for Antonio then so be it.
  • edited July 2018
    I think he looked ok when Payet was running the show and sticking the ball on his head 5 yards from goal. I think he has been a major let down for me since.
  • I think Antonio is as much getting his wages off the books to free them up for new signings for ffp I would expect around 20 milo for him
  • Rumours we are interest in N’Zonzi who could be a great dm signing for us
  • I still like Antonio. When fit (hopefully hes past the injuries), hes a strong, unpredictable nightmare for other teams (who scores and assists). The sort of things a winger we're currently on the market for should possess?
  • Any update on Rice negotiations? Would be nice to get him tied down with all this money we have.
  • Antonio could of been at world cup
  • I would have Antonio every day of the week as centre foward over Hernandez. We need pace up there of Arnie isn’t playing. Hernandez is too slow and slows play down a lot.

I'd have Hernandez for the other 51 weeks though.

;whistle
This discussion has been closed.