The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• If we sign Yarmolenko ,Bruno Fernandes and this Paraguay centre back plus Wilshere I don’t see why we would sign Payet he’s 31 would cost 25m I would rather spend the money on younger players . Pellegrini seems to be targeting players in mid 20,s and under .
  • alderz

I agree with you in principle, but it's not like he's a kid who was badly advised; it's a stroke he's pulled more than once.
  • alderz said:

I believe strongly in second chances, personally.

He did the same thing before, at Saint Etienne (refused to train), to force a move. So you could argue that WE gave him his second chance to be better, and he messed that up.

I don't think he is going to change, so believe 'taking him back' would just end up with us being treated badly. Again.
  • I think the quandary is that if he says and does the right things then the majority of us would most likely accept it and keep a sceptical eye on him for a time.

He does have previous though but I also understand the second chancers who can picture a midfield with Lanzini, Payet and Wilshere in it feeding Arnie and co...

This fence I am sitting on is starting to creek.

P.s So we've got another defender from Paraguay coming? Whats up with the defender recruitment? Who's going? Who's potentially first choice? Diop, with the money he cost, I assume will be one of them...
  • Be a nice problem to have lots of defenders vying ,for first team spots instead of us trying to find fit bodies . I think Reid,s days are numbered and maybe rice will do a dm role until we see how Pellgerini lines his team up maybe a back 5 Cresswell/ Arthur left wing back Fredericks /zabs on right with Diop ogbonna Paraguay fella as cb ;hmm
  • Or 8 defenders when we play the big six ;biggrin
  • But what's to stop him propelling us up the league with his performances?
  • Grey - I am not so sure about players welcoming him back. What I am saying, however, is that if his employers thought it was a good idea then I would be happy to trust their judgement on that.
    On the other hand I can't see any of my former employers giving me another go after burning bridges and effectively trashing their office. I very much doubt the Daves are that forgiving, especially as they know what would happen if it didn't work out.
  • My Liverpudlian friend showed me an Everton fans’ forum, to show me that most of their ‘summer transfer window’ thread was about us! ;lol

Made me laugh
  • Sorry, yeold, but I struggle to see where your negativity is coming from.

We've made 3 signings that improve us on last year.

If we were to sign Wilshere, that would be another one.

If he 'only' makes 28 starts for us next year, like he did last year, we've still got a hell of a player for a free.

No "You think" i dont think Fabianski is an improvement.

Wilshire takes up a probably 6 figure salary crushing our wage packet for someone who has being blighted by injuries for the majority of his career. and its a hell of an "IF" he actually can play a number of games for us. I agree with Dean Ashton on Wilshire we shouldn't be anywhere near this.
  • On that basis we need to sell Lanzini on his return.
  • Oh! Fabianski not an improvement on Hart? Really?
  • not an improvement on Adrian.
  • edited July 2018
    I thought Dean Ashton was saying what was in the best interests of JW, not West Ham, as his reason for being against the transfer?

(Goes to find article in case I got it wrong. Edit, yes ;ok)
  • edited July 2018
    I think, from memory, he cited a slower paced, more technical league suiting Jack after his injuries
  • edited July 2018

Not an improvement on an on-loan Joe Hart?

Really? OK, then. I have to say I think any perm PL standard GK is an improvement.
  • Adam - what are they saying?
  • edited July 2018
    its a hell of an "IF" he actually can play a number of games for us
    He's made 20+ starts the last 2 seasons, and played in 38 games last year, so not that unlikely.

If he signs, sure there is an element of risk, but we couldn't sign a player of his proven quality under normal circumstances, so I think it would be well worth the gamble.

Lanzini had fewer starts than Wilshere last season.
  • edited July 2018
    On payet ,
    It’s should be left to the best, of the West Ham footballing brains.
    ;lol
    See how it pans out
  • Lanzini has got to go then ;weep
  • It wasn’t anything necessarily bad (I think it was one of the better forums). They were just annoyed that we’re getting our business done, whereas they need to sell players to buy.
  • Depending on how everyone does at pre season, you are lookig at fabianski, fredericks and Wilshere all being 1st teamers and if he can recapture his Dinamo form Yarmolenko probably starts on the left

So 4 first teamers in and an extra CB with only 2 squad players (Collins and Evra) and 1 starter (Mario) out the door,sounds good to me

Fabianski
    Fredereicks Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble Rice Wilshere
    Arnie Javier Yarmolenko

Adrian
    Zab Reid Balbeuna Masuaku
    Fernandes Kouyate Obiang Antonio
    Carroll Hugill

Not a bad squad and i feel we will add again to it
  • We simply don't have the financial clozt to change everything in one window.
    And thinking back, I don't think many people saw that much in Lanzini and a lot of people were probably happy with Zaza with his being an accomplished Italian international etc.
  • MrsGrey said:

Not an improvement on an on-loan Joe Hart?

Really? OK, then. I have to say I think any perm PL standard GK is an improvement.
    See the Fabianski thread.
  • ;puzzled We have a Fabianski thread?
  • Payet back in a westham shirt. Not as long as I have air in my lungs.

But, oh, the memories of when he turned it on will live forever. Along with the payet France away shirt hanging in my wardrobe. ;wotsits
  • Yarmolenko plays on the right from the clips I have seen so Arnie on left with Chicharito in the middle seems like a pretty decent forward line
  • On Fabianski I’m struggling to see what else the club could have done. A Tom Heaton or Nick Pope, say would have cost £20m minimum? Which would then have meant no Anderson, Yamolenko, etc because there would have been no budget for it? ;hmm
  • baracks,

Being mischievous we haven't got Anderson either.
  • I’ve heard it’s close ;whistle
This discussion has been closed.