The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• "Cryet" just sums him up Cuz
  • McHammer said:
    Bless you...
  • So now Payet is unhappy in Marseilles? How is his family? Are they going to settle in England, or pull him back to France again? Is his injury going to impact on future performances? Will Nobes still want to hug him? Will he sulk again if the footy is 'boring'?
    All these questions need answering before you return, Dimitri. We're mostly still
    ;angry with you, naughty boy.
  • Payet wont happen .....on the other hand wheres wilshere
  • He's probably in front of a TV ready for the game.
  • Burke off to Hull on a permanent move according to Ex. He's leaving Switzerland to complete the deal.
  • Sky saying we have bid for yarmarlenko from Dortmund
  • Can we buy Harry Maguire?
  • Sky saying we have bid for yarmarlenko from Dortmund

;hmm

Ex said that this morning!
  • But I don’t need a new moped.
  • SSN reporting Corinthians have agreed the sale of Balbuena to West Ham?
  • edited July 2018
    SSN now saying we have agreed fee and terms, just waiting for the medical and work permit for Yarmolenko.
  • Thus Yarmolenko chap knows how to score goals.
  • Seems like things are kicking off

Not sure how i feel about getting a new CB after Diop joined

Wilshere i like, but still given his injury record i would have liked to go for Fernandes, a riskier move but one i wouldve liked more

Yarmolenko is a player im familiar with through football manager. He impressed me when i did see him, but obivously played his entire career in a weak league....and his spell at Dortmund was largely forgettable....but at 17.5mil it seems a much more realsitic target for us then 45mil for Anderson

If these 3 do come off that means weve already spent over £50mil already
  • If the fee of £17.5m is correct, I would like to know why Dortmund are selling him a year after they bought him for £22.5m?!

Are they selling us a dud?
  • The Mirror says Wilshere will be confirmed on Monday.
  • Still believe his passing is the best in premier league and if we can keep him fit we will have one player on our hands
  • were signing an all time injured 11 for the treatment room.

Such a bad idea and again a trivial signing.

This window has been bang average. Only Diop and Fredericks seem like stern buys so far.
  • Well that’s 66% of our signings ;hmm
  • Well I guess it’s at least good we have signed two players who we hope can immediately improve the first eleven?
  • well we are hoping ? Fredericks and Diop both seem like scouting options with decent appearance records for their previous clubs and are young enough to keep improving. Whether they make the grade or not we don't know as French football and Championship to Premiership football is a different kettle of fish. But it at least makes sense !
  • I say "no" to the rumored Payet return. He behaved disgracefully when he left and damaged team morale. We can't risk the same again.
  • So are any of theses actual confirmed - holding the shirt up with Dave Allen - signings?
  • Sorry, yeold, but I struggle to see where your negativity is coming from.

We've made 3 signings that improve us on last year.

If we were to sign Wilshere, that would be another one.

If he 'only' makes 28 starts for us next year, like he did last year, we've still got a hell of a player for a free.
  • Pengeman said:

I say "no" to the rumored Payet return. He behaved disgracefully when he left and damaged team morale. We can't risk the same again.

While that may be true, none of us were in behind the scenes. Now if he did sign again that would mean the Daves (who were involved in Payet the first time around) gave their ok and think that it is a good idea. No way do I believe they would intentionally cause havoc in the dressing room and the club by signing a disrupting influence.
  • Munich

I don't think the issue would be in the dressing room; I suspect a lot of the players would welcome him back.

I don't think there would be a problem on the pitch; he's still a quality player.

My issue with him is that, imo, he showed utter disrespect for the club in the way he behaved, and I don't think that merits a second chance.
  • I wholeheartedly agree.
  • I believe strongly in second chances, personally. I’d have him back for sure. I’m getting more and more sure that I would all the time.
  • He took a £1m LOYALTY BONUS and then went on STRIKE!
    What's to stop him throwing his toys out of the pram again if he is upset?
This discussion has been closed.