The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• I've heard it's off.
  • I av herd
    Sish
    It’s coming home
  • Quite a few youngsters and fringe players int the pre season game today
  • edited July 2018
    There always are, PLF - they need 'two teams' on the pre-season training camps.

Gives the manager a good look at them (intensive training, friendly and competitive games). We'll soon see who he doesn't rate (by who is sold/loaned out/kept around the 1st team). ;ok
  • No Payet for me. In my view he has a big flaw in his character which means he is untrustworthy, and so even though I think he is the most technically gifted player we have ever had in a West Ham shirt I think his opportunity has gone.
  • A good transfer day...

406DE595-718C-4F2B-B480-BDDC10B5170B
  • edited July 2018
    That's a lovely find Vorse and that was a GOOD transfer day! ;ok

I like the sub-heading on that article - "Hammers get their man at last" (my emphasis) - plus ca change!
  • No Payet for me. In my view he has a big flaw in his character which means he is untrustworthy, and so even though I think he is the most technically gifted player we have ever had in a West Ham shirt I think his opportunity has gone.

I cant agree he's our 'most technically gifted player we have ever had'.

I'd say he's the most gifted since Di Canio
  • I think Di Canio was his most close rival but for me Dimi was just so quick footed he almost looked like his reflexes were functioning at a different speed to most others on the pitch, whilst his dead ball strikes were as good as anyone I have seen for any team. I think Di Canio had a touch of genius and Sir Trev was gifted and composed but with the ball at the feet I think Dimi was most talented.
  • Joe Cole had just as much skill as Payet! Id say Alan Devonshire too.

Sir Trev is the best midfielder we've ever had. His vision, skill with either foot created countless chances for us. IMO of course
  • I would say that Joe Cole has just as much talent but had less decisive contribution for us than Payet. We’re almost certainly not going to be resigning him anyway
  • edited July 2018
    Lee Clayton (West Ham fan & head of sport of the Mail) reporting this morning Anderson deal is close after we improved our offer to 40m. ;hmm
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5932769/West-Ham-cusp-signing-Felipe-Anderson-record-fee-close-40m.html
  • Seems weird after we've agreed fee and terms for Yarmo and apparently for Jacko too ;hmm Laying out 40M just doesnt seem feasible unless we've back out of one or both ;hmm (again)
  • edited July 2018
    Well I do think we need both Yar and Anderson (or alternatives). We have lost Mario and Lanzini. I think the extra money has come as a result of not spending massively last season. We’ve sold a lot of players since then.
  • Wouldn’t surprise me if the Yarmalenko bid scared Lazio into accepting our Anderson offer
  • edited July 2018
    Fabianski £7m
    Diop £22m
    Fredericks free
    Wilshere free
    Anderson £40m
    Yarmolenko £17m

£86m spend ;hmm

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Reid - Cresswell
    Obiang - Noble - Wilshere
    Anderson - Yarmolenko
    Arnautovic

Adrian, Ogbonna, Masuaku, Kouyate, Antonio, Carroll, Hernandez

;hmm
  • I think Anderson is Pellegrinis number one pick so it's important we get him to show that the Board are backing him.
  • IronHerb said:

I've heard it's off.

;hmm

;wink
  • OK, I've now heard it's back on again. Not easy being an ITK I'll let you know. ;lol
  • £40m is crazy for someone who hasn’t even set Serie A alight.
  • alderz said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Yarmalenko bid scared Lazio into accepting our Anderson offer

That's how the big boys do it.... ;ok
  • 4611EBD7-F6B3-41B4-94A4-5EC886D094E3
    Not long now. Wilshere doing his pre-unveiling stuff...
  • Burke is going to Hull. Medical today.
  • Good luck to him ;scarf
  • Heard a fee of about £1.5mil...... seems a tad short for me, but i dont think that hes good enough for the premier league and wont get to hat level unless he gets regular playing time

Hope we have a good sell on fee for any future moves as i do think he could become a decent player

Good luck to the lad
  • Wilshere announced on sky
  • Would much rather get Anderson than the Ukraine fella. After that, go all guns blazing for Payet.
  • edited July 2018
    Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Obiang - Wilshere
    Anderson - Payet - Yarmolenko
    Arnautovic

Adrian, Reid, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Rice, Noble, Kouyate, Antonio, Carroll, Hernandez

What a squad we're gonna have! ;wink
  • I reckon there will be a couple going out the door, Antonio has to be a favourite.... I’d be very surprised if we're spending 86m net
  • Antonio to Palace / Townsend to Newcastle I reckon
This discussion has been closed.