The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• 51 weeks of him throwing himself to the turf would be hard to stomach.

Sorry ibl that's a trend a lot of players do nowadays so I can't hold that against him especially as his goal record is so good when he is selected?

• Seri to Fulham for £17m doing the rounds on Twitter. Done deal apparently.
  • Lukerz,

That's cheap, I would have thought after Chelsea we would have stood a chance of signing him especially as the rumour is they (CFC) have outbid us for Anderson?
  • Ronaldo off to Juventus ;nonono
  • If fulham pull off Seri for that little then that could be the deal of the summer

Dont believe it till it is official

Ronaldo to Juve has set everything off....
  • I thought Seri was in the £40m bracket. ;hmm
  • Welll he had a £35mil release clause (like carvalho)

Only have to assume that Nice realise no one is gonna pay that

But he is very highly rated so while £35mil may be too much £17m is a hell of a deal
  • Why are we not Hijacking this deal. ;hmm
  • You mean 'Why are we not Hijacking this rumour.' ;biggrin
  • Yeah, I’m sorry but there’s no way Fulham are buying him for £17.5m, imo. £30m-£35m I reckon. There’s definite demand for him, I’m sure that’s just gossip (or a typo!).
  • It reminds of the time Palace pulled off a supposed coup to buy Batshuayi
  • £17.5m you say? That is one half of him, whose bought the other half? ;hmm
  • Fernandes signed new contract at sporting with 100 mil euro buyout clause that’s our 20 mil bid down the pan
  • BBC reporting that we are in talks with 25 year old Felipe Anderson from Lazio, he is a midfielder rated at 40m.

Only thing that caught my eye is that the report was pretty prominent among their general news headlines making me think that there might be some weight behind it than normal.

Thoughts on a postcard?
  • Some reports we are in talks with Sturaro from Juve
  • Juve fan i knows assesment of him. "He's ok, just a squad player at juve. Pretty solid but prone to mistakes."
  • Mahrez to Man City for 60m, apparently. (BBC reporting)
  • I actually think its a good move

Think Mahrez is class,not just the year he was pfa player of the year but the last 2 hes been the ebst player outside the top 6

Think he suits citys style of play, plus pep likes him
  • Leicester in for Anderson, I wonder ;hmm
  • Meanwhile, Ex has suggested a double announcement is likely in the coming days.

So I'm officially announcing the announcement of an announcement.

Yarmalenko and Balbuena seem the likeliest, although another 'ITK' has suggested a bid for Juve's Sturaro has also been accepted. Throw Anderson into the mix and it could be two from four players.
  • edited July 2018
    Not quite sure I understand this CB lark.

So we currently have Ogbonna, Diop, Reid (not yet fit) & Rice as our four main options.

We have bid for Mawson (around £20m mark).
    We have bid for Lascelles (around £20m mark).
    We have bid for Dawson (around £12m mark).
    We have bid for Marlon (around £15m mark).

Yet we appear close to signing this Balbuena for around £3m. Just seems a little odd that we have made a minimum of four bids for CB's ranging from £12m-£20m, yet appear to be signing one dramatically below those bids. The money kinda suggests another CB is a huge priority for Pelle, yet £3m suggests it's not?

Maybe he's juts a plan B for a failure to land one of the other main ones? ;hmm
  • Maybe he has seen enough of what we have at the back to downscale the defensive spend and spend it on attackers?
  • I think those bids were made before we completed on Diop.

I’d prefer to spend a small amount on Balbuena and use the extra money on midfielders.
  • Ex says Yarmolenko will be announced tomorrow but Balbuena not yet due to paperwork/permit issues (he is not guaranteed the latter).
  • Considering he has only played 6 times for Paraguay since 2015, I highly doubt he will get a work permit.
  • Anderson nearly done......

7-10 days by any chance :smile:

Medium rare please
  • edited July 2018
    This Yarmolenko, he's got some pretty awesome stats for a guy classed as a 'winger/forward'.

99 goals in 228 appearances for Kiev & 35 goals in 77 for the Ukraine.

Even at Dortmund, where he was said to have 'struggled', he got 6 in 26 games.

Looks like a good signing on paper.
This discussion has been closed.