The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Sergei Rebrov also used to bang them in for Kiev too, but didn’t prove to be too great when he arrived at West Ham ;lol
  • Bazshuayi said:

Anderson nearly done......

Medium rare please
    He’ll go well with a Diop of mustard.
  • Is that mustard and cresswell?

;yercoat
  • edited July 2018

Meanwhile, Ex has suggested a double announcement is likely in the coming days.

;wahoo

And with the majority of our remaining signings coming in the last 2 weeks of the transfer window, that means there'll be another 4 (at least) after that.

;wink
  • Sergei Rebrov also used to bang them in for Kiev too, but didn’t prove to be too great when he arrived at West Ham ;lol

So do Andrei Svchcenko at Kiev and he turned out to be a half decent player

• I’m not sure Chelsea fans would necessarily agree, PLF
  • Excited about Yarmelenko him and Konoplyanka have been the two stand out Ukraninan players for a while. Would have liked to have got them both a year or two back. I think he could do well for us.
  • For what its worth someone on KUMB posted, which was backed up by Jinxed the so called ITK.

"Yarmolenko and Wilshere were both completed on the same day. So assume it’s a matter of time before official Yarmolenko announcement.
    Anderson Work permit happening tomorrow (ie. Wednesday) and Some Paraguayan defender. At the time I didn’t know who he was talking about but having read this thread he is clearly referring to Balbuena."

"As I said, all known players we’ve been linked but from FA’s perspective: Yarmolenko is already complete. Anderson and Balbuena Work permits being done tomorrow."
  • Exciting times

So thats effectively £100mil spent

Every singing does carry and element of risk, but we cant say the owners have commited the type of spending we are all happy with

Yarmolenko and Anderson bring a lot of flair to our attacking line
    Wilshere gives us a bit of creativity and control of the ball in midfield
    Fabianksi has premier league pedigree
    Fredericks gives us pace and energy
    Diop is highly rated
    Balbeuna i know little of but is apparantly higlhy rated and cheap
  • Can’t see how Balbuena will get a permit so don’t expect him to sign.
  • If I’m being picky, all we need is DM - like we did the past few windows

Unless pell wants that to be rice which would be fantastic
  • I thought Sturaro from Juve was going to be our DM signing if we get him plus the others that's is one hell of a transfer window, half the first team replaced. I for one am looking forward to next season I just hope the players gel quickly and hit the ground running I fancy us for a good cup run
  • I have been impressed with our transfer dealings so far, we just need to make sure that we don't do an Everton of last year as everyone thought they had a great transfer window then they tanked hard at the beginning of the season!
  • Well if we tank I suppose we can then bring in you know who, just like Everton did, to save us
  • Everton bought good players but just too many for the same position and did n;t really replace Lukakua they had a very unbalanced team
  • Fair play, if we sign the ones listed then the board, DoF and manager appear to of played a blinder

;clap
  • So apparently Anderson hasn’t arrived for pre-season medical checks with Lazio we they have postponed them whilst he tries to complete his move to West Ham.
  • Hugill ;wave
  • The video team must be worn out.
  • MrsGrey said:

Hugill ;wave

Worse piece of transfer activity I’ve seen if moyes glad he’s gone if the board thank god we got a director of football in that deal was criminal imo poor kid deserves better
  • MrsGrey said:

Hugill ;wave

Feel for the lad, but he is miles away from Arnie, Yarmo and Carroll.

I read Leeds were interested; hopefully someone in the Champo will give him a game
  • Cuz1 said:

MrsGrey said:

Hugill ;wave

Worse piece of transfer activity I’ve seen if moyes glad he’s gone if the board thank god we got a director of football in that deal was criminal imo poor kid deserves better
    Was a pointless buy like so many others in that window.
  • Might just be me, but amazing how efficiently and swiftly you conduct business with people in charge of transfers who seem to know what they are doing.
  • He was the only buy of that window. ;biggrin
  • Squad is currently shaping up like:

Keepers: Adrian, Fabianski
    Centre defenders: Ogbonna, Reid, Diop, Rice, Oxford
    Right-backs: Zabaleta, Fredericks, Byram
    Left-backs: Cresswell, Masuaku
    Central midfielders: Noble, Wilshere, Obiang, Kouyate, Fernandes
    Wingers: Antonio, Yarmolenko, Snodgrass
    Strikers: Arnautovic, Hernandez, Carroll, Hugill

With Lanzini off the list due to his serious injury. Ones in bold are probably expected not to be here come Liverpool.
  • Of the three midfielders, Obiang, Kouate and Fernandes, which two would you keep? Or which one? :)
  • Cheers Luke.

So a cb, dm, winger or striker maybe still needed.
    ;hmm

But I think we are now moving into luxury territory, 4 good signings...
  • Id keep fernandes,but ferl he needs a loan

Kouyate and Obiang are very different players, depends what pellegrino wants from a CM, but i wpuldnt be upset if we can get £10m+ for either of them

If it were me, i'd keep Obiang over Kouyate
  • I'd keep Obiang but reckon Pelle will favour Kouyate. More of a 'Yaya' type player. Fernandes needs a season loan for me. ;ok

Interesting though that given Obiang & Kouyate are apparently 'available', as it stands that makes Noble & Wilshere our first choice pairing. ;hmm
  • I think Rice is being prepped to be our designated DM, so it depends what formation Pellegrini is looking to play.

I can see Rice and Wilshere sitting in front of the back four, the former breaking up attacks and the latter playing the quarterback role, either pinging the ball out to Arnie/Yarmo or carrying the ball forward.

Obiang and Noble would be their respective back-ups, which means Kouyate is pretty redundant, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.