The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• I think sully will sign yaya towards the end purely because it will be too much of a temptation for him not to
  • I read it as we received an offer for Obiang whereas we were prepared to accept offers for Kouyate and Antonio.
  • edited July 2018
    Maybe ;hmm

------------Adrian/Fabianksi--------------
    Fredericks---Diop------Ogbonna----Masuaku
    -----------------Rice--------------------
    ----Noble/Obiang-------Wilshere----------
    Anderson----------------------Yarmolenko
    ---------------Arnautovic-----------------

(Although I would get Reid in there when fully fit over Diop or Ogbonna)
  • Lee Clayton just reported that we have agreed a fee of £37m for Anderson, with bonuses potentially pushing it past £40m. Work permit has now been applied for.
  • Does that mean it is close?
  • It's great news about our recent signings but how comes, all of a sudden we are finding this money. ;hmm
  • Does that mean it is close?

Don't go to bed. ;wink
  • mike said:

It's great news about our recent signings but how comes, all of a sudden we are finding this money. ;hmm

Maybe because they have more trust in their new manager to be able to spend it wisely. Plus maybe the calibre of player we are getting is keen to work with a manager of the calibre we now have compared with previous managers we have had - ie better players now want to join us?
  • I think it's a ;ok for the latter factor, for sure.
  • Plus, we are a officially a 'project'.
  • ;wahoo does that mean we have a war chest?
  • ;wahoo does that mean we have a war chest?

We opened it and spent everything inside :wink:

• Apparently the war chest is still waiting for it's work permit.
  • Anderson work permit applied for.....

This is looking very good
  • mike said:

It's great news about our recent signings but how comes, all of a sudden we are finding this money. ;hmm

We’ve posted some decent financials plus we’re probably still using Tabor facility
  • edited July 2018

We opened it and spent everything inside :wink:

Are you Blackadder in disguise?
    Percy: (comes back) Well, couldn't you just dip into the family fortune?

Edmund: There isn't one. My father blew it all on wine, women and amateur
    dramatics. At the end, he was eking out of a living doing humourous impressions of Anne of Cleeves.

Percy: (sympathetic) Oh, Edmund, I am sorry -- I had no idea. But do not
    despair, for I have some small savings carefully harvested from my
    weekly allowance, set aside against my frail old age. By lucky haps,
    it is just over a thousand, methinks, and has for years has been
    hidden beyond the wit of any thief, in an old sock...

Edmund and Percy: ...under the squeaky floorboard...

Baldrick, Edmund and Percy: ...behind the kitchen dresser.

Percy: (smiles, slightly warily) You've seen it!

Edmund: Seen it, pinched it, spent it. And same goes for the two farthings
    Baldrick thinks he's got hidden inside that mouldy potato.
  • Sully may have sold a couple of chandeliers. ;whistle
  • mike said:

We’ve posted some decent financials plus we’re probably still using Tabor facility
    Plus my 160 quid for my season ticket. ;whistle
  • Sully went to cash converters with some of his bling, he is now down to 37 gold chains and 8 sovereign rings
  • I hope they along with our American board member as dipped into their pockets after thinking with this squad previously we will only ever be fighting relegation regularly so we need to upgrade, but fair play to them they have walked the walk and talked the talk so well done the board ;clap
  • mike said:

We must be back into positive shareholder’s equity for the group. It was negative previously (£-9m at YE May 17 (with a loss brought forward of £157m)). We would have made another £45m+ profit for YE May 18.
  • edited July 2018

Sully went to cash converters with some of his bling, he is now down to 37 gold chains and 8 sovereign rings

and a partridge in a pear tree.
  • mike said:

Plus my 160 quid for my season ticket. ;whistle

And expat's tenner to go on the waiting list ;wink
  • And he was doing so well. He should have continued to keep it buttoned. If Anderson and Balbuena fall through and other deals do aswell, he will then be accused of going against his word..
  • That's fair enough. No outrageous claims and no names mentioned. If he's spending what looks like it could be close to £100m I think he's allowed a little chirp.
  • Nice and anodyne ;ok
  • So if things pan out as per rumour:

Fabianski

Fredericks Diop Lascelles J Lukaku

Rice Seri

Wilshere

Anderson Arne Yarmolenko

A whole new side barring Declan and Arne ;lol
  • And he was doing so well. He should have continued to keep it buttoned. If Anderson and Balbuena fall through and other deals do aswell, he will then be accused of going against his word..

If Anderson and Balbuena fall through it'll more likely be down to work permit issues.
  • Hopefully we can get Anderson over the line ASAP I reckon Ronaldo to Juventus is about to kick off a massive domino effect and possibly see another inflation.
This discussion has been closed.