Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Madcap

As a for instance:

"There's going to be people who think if we meet the Board we're selling out," he added. "But that's not me, Micky [Morgan] or anyone who's living this 24/7. We're in it for the long haul."
    Read more at http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132204#AcyAozDpV2FZoRLE.99

• Where and how have these signs manifested themselves. On a report on WHO a chap that attended last nights meeting said that "everyone was on the same page and supported the RWHFAG".

Indeed. WHUISA, Hammers Chat, West Ham Fan TV, KUMB, WHO, all have come together to offer support to the RWHFAG.

• What is the primary complaint? Can I find a list of the Demands from the March group anywhere?
  • Vorse

Herb posted this a while ago. Not sure if it is the focus of the march, or just the issues of the FB group.
    IronHerb said:

The initial 5 points raised and sent to the club are:

1 : Must take up full away ticket allocation

2 : Memorial garden to be maintained regularly

3: The Hammer and Castle badge to be recognised with immediate effect on match programme and, in future, in the stadium

4 : The owners to be more professional on social media i.e remove the Sullivan kids from speaking on the clubs behalf

5 : The 15 minute interval must be managed better in the food & drink kiosks as it currently impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half

• edited February 2018
    re 'unity', to add to hat I said earlier. It seems to me (if what has been posted on here is a fair reflection) that there are different aims and priorities. Some of these include sack the board, make some improvements to the match day experience, change the badge, get young Sullivan off twitter, buy more expensive payers....

There also seem to be approaches which are potentially conflicting: the most extreme (imo) being 'if we don't like their tone we're getting up and walking out'.

In view of this, I repeat: I think keeping everyone who has come together for this initiative united for the long haul will be tricky but, a C+B alluded to, failing to do so will reduce the alliance's chances of success.
  • Anyone that wants to put negative comments on a twitter post about someone's Grandkid, is an absolute idiot. They are moronic if they think we dont sign decent players, pretty soon we will have one of the strongest starting XI I have seen in a very long time.
  • Are you dg in disguise? ;hmm
  • I can see forums and social media dividing fans. Hopefully it doesn’t trickle into the stadium on the same level as the internet.
  • Thanks Grey.

Reading the KUMB post from Herb... ;hmm I not sure what the chant will be for the March...

But at least they are getting their points across, not surprised the owners weren't their TBH.

Social media scale back is good, signing quality players I think we are and also not forced to sell our best players.

Surprised the retractable seating and future plans for the stadium wasn't raised as they are my main concern..

• Social media scale back is good, signing quality players I think we are and also not forced to sell our best players.

Agreed. Can you imagine the backlash from some of our fans if we were like Southampton and selling all of our best players?
  • If we were like Southampton I'd support Portsmouth.
  • edited February 2018
    IronHerb said:
    Thanks for that Herbie ;ok

Possibly my favoutire bit:

"Karren made the statement she would do anything to make WHU fans happy , to which we asked her to give up her column in the Sun which she refused point blank to even consider."

So not quite anything then, Karren ;lol
  • For me the biggest complaint I've had with WH during my years of Support is that we always sell our best players.

We haven't had to do that by and large since the Davids took over.

Which is probably the biggest reason why I am a little bit ;hmm to all this march stuff.
  • edited February 2018
    We haven't Vorse, but on that point I'm always worried that we will.

We ultimately lost Payet because of our (perceived) lack of ambition, and I do worry that unless we invest heavily (or, at least, intelligently) in the players that will take us forward as a club then I fear we'll always be a stepping stone for ambitious players.

Lanzini, Arnautovic, Antonio, even Masuaku; I can see these players looking elsewhere if we continue to tread water as we are, and I doubt they'll be short of suitors.
  • IronHerb said:

If we were like Southampton I'd support Portsmouth.

Blue Army ;wahoo

(Pompey is my home city)
  • In my opinion, the two issues that West Ham fans talk about the most are the stadium and transfers.

I don’t actually mind the stadium and with transfers, I think (hope) we will bring in some players to improve the first 11 in the summer.

There are small things I don’t like (such as the director’s actions on social media) but on the whole, I’m satisfied with the job they do. The majority of West Ham fans I know (non-internet people) are satisfied as well.

Just wanted to give another perspective as obviously if you’re happy with something, you’re more likely to not say anything than if you’re unnhappy.
  • edited February 2018
    If we had a much better start to the season I think a lot of the issues raised would not be issues anymore.

My biggest issue is the stadium it's not what we were told it would be. No amount of on the pitch success with change the temporary feel of a lot of it.
  • OCS, I don't think it's unique to our club or even recent years. (The stepping-stone thing, I mean). It's just the nature of the business and the nature of the players, who have a limited period in which to earn as much and win as much as they can.

Look at Walker, Sanchez, Sterling, Suarez, Mahrez, Neymar, Ronaldo, - were players at clubs with trophies and ambition but who still treated the clubs as stepping stones.

I can't foresee any level of investment or any level of ambition that would be a barrier to this happening.

• edited February 2018
    OCS - Didn't Payet just want to go back to France?

I'm sure if he wanted too he could have joined Spurs / Liv etc after the season he had with us.

I know what your feeling but until it happens I don't think its fair to judge them on what may happen.

I don't think we built on the Payet season, DS transfer actions and maybe out ex HOR who didn't want African players were to blame. I wouldn't disagree with that.
  • edited February 2018

If we had a much better start to the season I think a lot of the issues raised would not be issues anymore.

My biggest issue is the stadium is not what we were told it would be. No amount of on the pitch success with change the temporary feel of a lot of it.

And, tbf, that is a massively big issue. Anybody who wants to protest with the stadium as their main motivation is entitled to do so.
  • We were told to expect one thing and imho were given something else.

That is a protest issue I can get behind, although I won't be joining the march.
  • Can I ask if any of the season ticket holders on here were asked about the club badge?
  • edited February 2018

Can I ask if any of the season ticket holders on here were asked about the club badge?

There were 3 rounds of consultation.

There was a (very well publicised) public poll at the time, open to anyone with a purchase history.

And prior to that, the fans on the Supporter Advisory Board were consulted.

And prior to that, there was a separate consultation about what elements of a badge design people felt were most important. (I can't remember if that was restricted in any way - it must have been, in order to prevent fans of other clubs scuppering it. But I can't remember exactly how they restricted it - at a guess, I'd say purchase history again. I'll see if I can find out ;ok )
  • I was asked.

But I was on the SAB.

I’ve never liked the castle.
  • We ultimately lost Payet because of our (perceived) lack of ambition
    Eeerrrr OCS hold on there, who says? We lost him because he wanted to go back to France he was homesick. That should not be laid at the boards door.
  • Discussion of anti-doping administrative cods up is on 'didn't know where to put and and decided it didn't need a new thread' ;ok
  • We ultimately lost Payet because of our (perceived) lack of ambition
    Eeerrrr OCS hold on there, who says? We lost him because he wanted to go back to France he was homesick. That should not be laid at the boards door.

From Payet himself:
    "There were several reasons, but the first one was sporting: West Ham's objectives were no longer the same from the season before, and I felt danger for my football and my place in the France national team"
  • I think he wanted to go back to France so he could play in a proper football stadium. He seemed happy at The Boleyn...........................