Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• It feels like Christmas Eve when I was about 8 coyi
  • Big statement from the club this week

I'm a little bit nervous with buying these players at the age they are but theoretically they should have 2 more years of their prime (excluding Zab) at least

4 players who genuinely slot straight into the first XI cannot complain

I'd be surprised to see many more moves this summer if I'm being honest, maybe a 3rd choice striker like Gray who wouldn't mean we had to break the bank

Think if we can get that wrapped up maybe see if we can snatch one or 2 prospects that are about for long term views

In other news I'm 99% sure Feghouli is going which disappoints me (especially for or only £4mil) but can imagine he was on pretty heavy wages and the 4 players we brought in probably added £400k a week to our wage bill so the money has to come from somewhere (although I'd much much much much prefer it to be Snodgrass leaving)
  • edited July 2017
    So three excellent first XI signings.

Still feel we need that one CM option. We've been going with Noble and Kouyate for 3 years now and Noble, Kouyate and Obiang for the past 2. Need fresh blood in there to bump up competition.

But other than that, we are well set now, providing one of Sakho/Carroll regain fitness. If we're deciding we need to write them off, then another forward is needed. Gray would be a good back-up striker IMO.

Just need to shift on a couple now.
  • To be honest Carroll's fitness might benefit from not being the number one striker anymore. It can't help being needed every minute possible when your body is as fragile as his.

We might find he's available more often if he plays less minutes per game.
  • Sky mentioned today that Brighton made an enquiry for Snodgrass.
  • Hasn't worked out for Snod so would rather we sell him and keep Feghouli.

Feg can whip a good ball in and Hernandez knows how to get on the end of things.
  • Hasn't worked out for Snod so would rather we sell him and keep Feghouli.

Feg can whip a good ball in and Hernandez knows how to get on the end of things.

Yeah agree. I think Feghouli had at lest one very good ball that no one got onto, per game.

Agree about Carroll. I'd actually rather see him as a sub a lot of the time and think that might be more acceptable now he's not the only player we've splashed a lot of money on.
  • Agree on Carroll completely. We know he's been rushed back before, and now that doesn't need to happen quite so much.

Honestly I would rather keep Feghouli and Snodgrass than change for the sake of it. I am aware I'm very much in the minority, but I feel that Snnkdgrass will still come good.

If we get an opportunity to sign a better player for the money they each go for, great, but otherwise I would keep hold.

I wouldn't be opposed to another CM or ST but I think the priority now is working out who our sub keeper is going to he
  • Kovacic would secure the midfield though a bit of a pipe dream signing.
    Andre Gray still a good shout.

Ditch Sakho.
    Feghouli and Snodgrass ditch if decent offers come in.
  • Rumour this morning is we're going for Dembele of Celtic in a £22.5m deal. Want him to add to Hernandez.
  • Feghouli will be sold simply to free up the number 7 for Hernandez.
  • Neither Arne nor chicharito had shirt numbers when unveiled. Not sure if this is normal or not. To me this would suggest some outgoings from the squad to allow shirt numbers to be reassigned
  • Rumour this morning is we're going for Dembele of Celtic in a £22.5m deal. Want him to add to Hernandez.

He'd be good purely for the profit we'd make on him when the big guns poach him in a year or two... Papers also said Marseilles trying to get him but I'd be surprised if bigger clubs than that aren't circling.
  • Have we signed anyone yet ;hmm
  • David Gold @davidgold
    A great window. A big thank you to David Sullivan, Slaven Bilic, Tony Henri, Andrew Pincher and the team. dg

Done then? ;hmm
  • Neither Arne nor chicharito had shirt numbers when unveiled. Not sure if this is normal or not. To me this would suggest some outgoings from the squad to allow shirt numbers to be reassigned

Same with Hart.

So that's #1 for Hart, now Randy has gone.

And I imagine #7 for Hernandez when Feghouli leaves.

Maybe #11 for Arne when Snodgrass goes.
  • £50m for Sigurdsson ;nonono

He's a good player but come on.
  • Bit worried about this Coutinho to Barca rumour.

Lanzini to Liverpool? ;puzzled
  • edited July 2017
    Bazshuayi said:

Have we signed anyone yet ;hmm

We have! You probably aren't aware because of time zone differences. Pretty sure that's how it works, right?
  • Still definitely need another striker. An injury to Hernandez and back to square one. Relying on Carroll and Sakho. Assuming both are still here.
  • edited July 2017

Neither Arne nor chicharito had shirt numbers when unveiled. Not sure if this is normal or not. To me this would suggest some outgoings from the squad to allow shirt numbers to be reassigned

It's normal. I had a quick random google - Payet, Arbeloa, Fernandes, Zaza - all pictured holding the shirt with just their name, no squad number.
  • Bit worried about this Coutinho to Barca rumour.

Lanzini to Liverpool? ;puzzled

;fishslap
  • When youve worn out Suz's whacking arm, just mention 'synopsis' and she'll retreat back behind the sofa ;whistle

P.s why would Lanzini want to sit on the Liverpool bench now hes established himself ;hmm hes staying put for a while
  • ;biggrin

I've set the whacking to auto...
  • one of the many reasons shes a West Ham gal ;hug
  • Hernandez likes 14 as that was his father, Guitterez's number. Who has it now?
  • David Gold @davidgold
    A great window. A big thank you to David Sullivan, Slaven Bilic, Tony Henri, Andrew Pincher and the team. dg

Done then? ;hmm

I’m going to assume not. I think we’ve secured our main targets and have addressed the issues from last season, so we can sit back and relax a little bit more than usual.

However, I still think there’s every chance we’ll add to the four we’ve already got (another striker is still a must for me) but the pressure is off compared to where we were this time last week.

With outgoings of £41m (including Hart’s loan fee) and the sales of Nordy, Randy and Valencia recouping a reported £17m, we only have a net spend of £24m so far. Ok, you’ve probably got to factor in the cost of the wages being paid to Arnie, Chich and Lanzini (assuming he’ll soon be on something approaching six figures), but I still think there’s a bit of money to spend.
  • King.

We should buy King.
This discussion has been closed.