Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• Prices go up at the end of the window when clubs become more desperate (Ayew)?
  • Or down, when selling clubs get more desperate ... it's still a market that can work both ways.

Depends who's ready to walk away with no deal. ;wink
  • edited July 2017
    but with Hernandez in we aren't as desperate, if we didn't have Hernandez and were still looking for a striker then the price for Gray would go up but with a year left on his contract, you could test Burnley towards the latter part of the window. They either keep Gray and let him for go for a free or they undersell him for his valuation for a few mill and bag some money and a possible replacement.

If they were asking for 15m I wouldn't be surprised to see them settle on 12m if it dragged on with no other suitors coming in.
  • Can't see us splashing out £40m on Jimenez. I could see us trying to negotiate a loan deal with an option to buy next season, but that's about it.

I'm not Andre Gray's biggest fan, but I think I'd prefer him over Jimenez.
  • But AC did that against Arsenal too
  • http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/lazio/112/blog/post/3111862/why-clubs-shouldnt-overspend-on-lazio-winger-keita-balde

We've supposedly had an offer accepted for Keita Balde, although I don't think he'll come to us.

But judging by this article, I wouldn't want him. Seems like a 'he who shall not be named' Mark II.
  • I read yesterday that the Lazio chairman has denied that an offer has been accepted from anyone.

I don't think this one has any legs at all, to be honest. He's a good player and good value and £28m, but I'm 99% sure he wouldn't be interested in coming to us.
  • Apparently Fee was agreed with us but player wants to only go to Juve and will decline everywhere else.
  • edited July 2017
    Citeh's spending now tops the £200m mark.

Surely Pep has to go at the end of the season if they aren't PL champions?
  • Well we don't want a player that is here with a shot gun to his head... No point in that...

In other News Walker - £50m / Danilo - £26.5m / Mendy - £50m City have spent nearly £130m on full-backs!

One Walker is double out most expensive signing... Maybe one more summer of buys before we win the league... ;tumbleweed
  • Citeh's spending now tops the £200m mark.

Surely Pep has to go at the end of the season if they aren't PL champions?

Which he will, I think, as they won't be.
  • edited July 2017
    @grey_til_I_dye
    To be fair his squad was so poor quality before that point though /s

Maybe bfs was right, if he had one of the 'big' teams that spends he could have won the league. I sort of think I could too.

According to transfermarkt, Man City net spend:

17/18 £120m (thus far) inc. Walker £43m, Silva £42.5m, Ederson £34m, etc.
    16/17 £151m inc. Stones £47m, Sane £42.5m, Brian £27m, Gundogan £23m, etc.
    15/16 £124m (pre Pep?) inc. De Bruyne £62m, Sterling £53m, Otamendi £38m etc.

I could go on. Bear in mind these are NET too.

Just noticed 17/18 DOESN'T include Mendy, transfer confimed today £52m!
  • Rumoured that Adrian could be on his way....
  • I think Man City will be top two. Possibly with Man Utd.

I can see Liverpool being left behind and I can see both Spurs and Chelsea not doing as well.

Morata is not that good of a replacement for Costa. With Spurs, yes they have a good team but you need to keep improving your side (I'm not sure if they will sign players due to the stadium).

Of course, I could be completely wrong!
  • Chelsea and Man U have spent similar funds. Chelsea have won the league but united haven't. ;hmm

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ;nonono
  • From what Ex says the ball is in his (Adrian's) court. We want to keep him and fight for the jersey, he doesn't want to be a back up. I suspect he'll go, if I'm honest. He will know, as we all do, that rightly or wrongly Hart is our No1 for this season.

On a more positive note, Hernandez has been spotted at Heathrow ;wahoo
  • edited July 2017

Javier Here !!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ;nonono
    'Twas always likely.

I imagine that after being an established number 1 in the Prem, he's not going to take kindly to a demotion. It's probably different when you are at a club competing with the number 2, who you work with every day and have mutual respect etc. When you are dropped because of loss of form, you must feel 'fair enough' and you'll have a chance of getting the jersey back again.

But he's just been permanently downgraded. If I was him, I'd be looking for a move.
  • Just for reference, Twitter quoters:

you can embed a tweet on here, if you first click on the tweet in Twitter, and then, when it shows up in your browser, copy the address that appears in your browser toolbar. (Just did that for you, bbb)
  • Me too, don't blame Adrian at all. But don't think losing both him and Randolph is a significant loss, at least in terms of goalkeeping ability.
  • so whos our back up keeper?
  • Chris Woods ;ok
  • I guess we'll sign another one or promote one of the younger ones?
  • The younger ones are U19 and U17 aren't they? Trott and a new kid. I think we'll have to buy
  • If Adrian goes as well, then it is almost inevitable that whoever we get to replace him will not be as good, or they wouldn't agree to come to be a 'guaranteed' backup.
  • Grey,

A back-up keeper is inevitably not as good, otherwise they wouldn't be happy being a back-up. Like Adrian and Randy wanting to leave as soon as it was clear Hart would be our No. 1.
  • edited July 2017
    The problem with our keepers is we had two broadly at the same level, neither of which would be of the quality to help us kick on (I know we finished well in slavs first season, however this was largely to do with the number of goals we scored)

If Adrian goes too, it is likely that we end up with one keeper better than the other with the other being slightly inferior to adrian/randy - personally I think is ok?
This discussion has been closed.