Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• Sakho out for 9 mil for Waris who scored 9 times in Ligue 1 last year for a team that was relegated . Seems like ok business, Sakho who does not play much(last year of contract) for a player that played 40 odd games last year. If the profit between the two deals get Carvalho over the line then it make sense. ;hmm
  • Carvalho wont be fit for 4-6 weeks according to some reports .so whats the point ............just fed up ;weep
  • Sakho is a better player imo, albeit i only have this fellas record to go off of which to me is underwhelming, but the injury yrecord probably is a key point as we need someone who is reliable which Sakho isnt and someone who isn't going to moan and ruin the team morale if they aren't first team which Sakho does
  • we go from strength to strength every season don't we ..

So a net spend of 40m wow .

Like i said yesterday i think our squad is ok but that doesnt mean we dont need to strengthen it with some more quality , i will pass my verdict tomorrow night
    we could still get a good surprise yet ;biggrin
  • edited August 2017
    This transfer window is starting to look pretty bad and Carvalho wouldn't save it. Even if Snodgrass and Feghouli underperformed (felt latter was improving though) we're now so thin on those positions and up front. Hernandez has been the only one of our new signings who has so far shown signs of improving us.
  • Carvalho's agent reported to be in London to tie up deal , Waris can play on both wings so maybe signing as a winger rather than a CF ;hmm

steve said:

Carvalho wont be fit for 4-6 weeks according to some reports .so whats the point ............just fed up ;weep

If he is as good as he is supposed to be waiting a month or so is not really a problem we have an international break aswell ;hmm
  • Maybe its all a ploy to get us to watch Sky Sports News all day tomorrow ;lol
  • edited August 2017
    If we sign Carvalho at least Andy will have somebody to sit in the stands with and Watch the games.

If we really have spent that much over the last 5 years we are a joke club ending up with such a shambles on the pitch every week.

It doesn't seem to matter who manages this club it always ends up in a complete mess!!
  • edited August 2017

Carvalho's agent reported to be in London to tie up deal , Waris can play on both wings so maybe signing as a winger rather than a CF ;hmm

steve said:

Carvalho wont be fit for 4-6 weeks according to some reports .so whats the point ............just fed up ;weep

If he is as good as he is supposed to be waiting a month or so is not really a problem we have an international break aswell ;hmm
    Other reports say it's a 'transfer window' injury.

Has anyone got a link to a reputable source (not a gossip page or blog) that can shed the light of fact upon this rumour? ;pray
  • We need Rav and his yellow tie to give us the facts ;lol
  • Stand down. Little Jack has said Sakho isn't going anywhere.

Well isn't this all very exciting.

At least nobody over-reacted, then.
  • If we really have spent that much over the last 5 years
    Not sure why you would doubt it, but you can easily check for yourself.

So, either the club are joke because the owners are tight, and won't spend money, or the club are a joke as the owners have spent loads of money but the squad isn't great.
  • edited August 2017
    It's gonna be a interesting day
    From SSN....
    TWIST IN SAKHO TALE

Diafra Sakho is expected to leave West Ham having passed a medical at French club Rennes.

But Sky sources understand Crystal Palace have now made a late move for the striker...

What's going on......
  • Now palace have supposedly made a £10m bid (SSN)
  • Don't go to bed ;run
  • Any players leaving must be replaced immediately with at least a like for like player who can come in and hit the ground running without any bedding in period. Going to be an interesting end to the window; could be some surprising deal done.
  • I hope his first shot hits the bar and rebounds so far it ends up as an own goal.
  • If he remains fit 10m in today market is a bargain!
  • edited August 2017
    IF Palace have made a bid and IF it is accepted and IF Sakho just moves across town, will this not be an indication of a manager/player relationship breakdown, and not the only one? And if this from "football.london" is true, it's hard to argue against.

"It all started on Saturday when Sakho wasn't included in the starting eleven for the Newcastle United defeat, being told he is behind both Michail Antonio and Andre Ayew in the pecking order for strikers at the club - two players who aren't strikers."
  • NE

An awful lot of IFs in that.

Lots of players, Chicarito being the latest, have said how Slav was with them was a big factor in signing.
  • I hope his first shot hits the bar and rebounds so far it ends up as an own goal.

I actually posted in the wrong thread. This relates to Snodgrass ;doh
  • SSN saying Renato Sanchez to Swansea is back on

Another loan but still why aren't we interested in these players.......
  • Grey, I didn't know that about Chicarito (and others), but isn't that the same as when new players trot out the same old stuff about "always wanted to play here" etc. etc.
    And yes, there are a lot of ifs. ;biggrin
    However, if Sakho were to go to Palace, what would you think, how would you feel?
  • NE

Personally, I'm happy to take them at their word.

Re: Sakho, given how little he has played for us recently, and what would seem to be his negative attitude, it wouldn't bother me much, assuming we got cover in for him.
  • ;hmm just hope if he does go he goes to France ,don't want him in the prem or we know what would happen .in fact would rather take the 9 mil just so we can see the back of him must be worth 1 mil to us to see him leave the country

I actually posted in the wrong thread. This relates to Snodgrass ;doh
    We don't have a Snodgrass thread. ;puzzled
  • Sullivan Junior to James Corden on Twitter "He's not leaving pal"
  • ;nonono make there mind up

• If we lose Sakho we will be down to Chicarito and Carroll who is less reliable than sakho

Last 3 seasons - AC 21 in 59, DS 16 in 48. So wrong on this count Champo.
This discussion has been closed.