Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• debt should already be paid off
  • It's not, still £100m.
  • With Snodgrass joining Aston Villa on loan, almost all of the last year's recruits have been shown the door. Surely, there should be an inquest. How did WHU get their recruitment so wrong? Who scouted the players? How persuasive was their evidence? How much money has been wasted? How did the recruitment of dross affect the morale of other players? What changes have been made to avoid repetition of the same?
  • Linked with the polish bloke at psg Gregor kryzholiwich ( yes spelling totalling wrong) ;lol
  • Is that George Smith? ;hmm ;biggrin
  • Pengeman said:

With Snodgrass joining Aston Villa on loan, almost all of the last year's recruits have been shown the door.

Out of the permanent signings last season we've still got Ayew, Masuaku, Fernandes, Fonte and technically Lanzini as he was on loan the previous season

Not all bad.
  • Probably a bit short of attacking mids/wingers now and still lacking a defensive midfielder
  • edited August 2017
    I think Masuaku can be converted/is good enough as a winger if needed. I also believe Byram could also do a job as a wide midfield player.
  • I think Masuaku can be converted/is good enough as a winger if needed. I also believe Byram could also do a job as a wide midfield player.

Played alot of his football at Leeds as a right mid. ;thumbsup
  • I'd rather not keep persisting with "could do a job at..."

I've just read a transcript of snodgrass' glowing review of his experience at West Ham. Says that he played his best scoring and creating as either a number 10 or on the right

Yet according to him slav insisted on playing on the left in payet's position

Pretty damning. He was just one of those who came to West Ham in decent form and withered under slav.
  • edited August 2017
    He was never going to play in those positions though, given the number of players we had for those. He shouldn't have come if he thought he would.

And he wasn't any better when he did play on the right.
  • Just not good enough. He did have a lot of mins on the right. Never did anything.
  • Antonio played on the left to accommodate him at times and he was dreadful. Sounds like he's trying to justify to the Villa fans that he isn't a waste of time.
  • alderz said:

Snodgrass played on the left to accommodate him at times and he was dreadful. Sounds like he's trying to justify to the Villa fans that he isn't a waste of time.

Fixed it for you. :)
  • If it wasnt clear, I meant Antonio played on the left to leave space on the right for Snodgrass, and Snodgrass was still terrible
  • I agree, he was, indeed.
  • Probably a bit short of attacking mids/wingers now and still lacking a defensive midfielder

And luck
    And lacking morale fibres
    And lacking the will to win
    And
    That ado donkay that ado
  • Rob Green has signed for Huddersfield.
  • WIth the result on Saturday casting huge doubts on Bilic's future, I can't see G&S splashing out a new club record fee for a player that a new manager might not want, regardless of how desperately we need him.

Too little time now to get a new manager in and secure his targets before the window closes, so, if they are thinking seriously about getting rid of Bilic, I think they'll keep that cash to make available to a new managr in January or next summer.

It's kinda chicken and egg though, because if they don't spend the cash on Carvalho then it's much more likely they'll replace Bilic; if they'd have signed him pre-season there might not even be talk of Bilic going.
  • Palace alledgely interested in fonte
  • but would we have to pay Palace to take him ;whistle
  • Football just isn't fair imo

Psg signing neymar for £200mil and getting Mbappe on loan to buy for £166mil

City spent over £200mil
    United £150mil
    Liveprool have spent £40mil but have had a bid accepted fro Keita and maybe Lear

Whereas we have spent £40mil (recouping £30mil of it) yet can't seem to push some moves across

Just wish we could go back a couple years and change so that the Abu Dhabi group bought us instead of city
  • debt should already be paid off

External has, internal is 60m to owners including interest and 40m ish to other clubs which most clubs carry

It's not that we won't pay the money it's the way the deal is structured that SL are being difficult about and if we don't have enough to pay at the initial signing then we've probably not got enough cash on hand
  • edited August 2017
    James T got injured Saturday for Palace so would be good to offload fonte whilst he has a value. Sure we can recall burke should the need arise.
  • edited August 2017
    I feel like selling James Tomkins was a bit like selling Collins the first time (without the following relegation hopefully). All these players we've brought in and no one's been any better than he was.
  • Was it Tomkins that was supposed to be marking their guy for the first goal?
  • It usually was... ;whistle
  • IMO Tomkins was/ is an average CB...
    He in the last few seasons has become very injury prone...
  • Football just isn't fair imo

Psg signing neymar for £200mil and getting Mbappe on loan to buy for £166mil

City spent over £200mil
    United £150mil
    Liveprool have spent £40mil but have had a bid accepted fro Keita and maybe Lear

Whereas we have spent £40mil (recouping £30mil of it) yet can't seem to push some moves across

Just wish we could go back a couple years and change so that the Abu Dhabi group bought us instead of city

The difference is that they're all in European competitions and we're not
This discussion has been closed.