Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• everyone would work well with AC but hes never fit for an extended period

Fixed it for ya! ;wink
  • edited August 2017
    On Snodgrass I think we have to take a transfer rather than a loan even though it may mean a heavy loss on what we paid. His value is only going to decrease and we will end up subsidising his wages. The public announcement looks like we want him out to maybe bring 1 in hopefully.
  • If that's the case I'm not sure I want him.
  • Something distinctly wrong with footballers in my view. If you don't want to sign a contract don't, if you do then expect to be paid for the duration and expect to stay the duration unless a move is by mutual agreement. If your club says they don't want to sell then see out your contract or leave when their position changes later in the contract. It's not a complex arrangement and based upon contract law, if you want to be able to leave when you want then allow them to stop paying you and let you go when they want if you are a bit Zsa Zsa.
  • But they have agreed to let him go, they make an agreement and then change it. It's the club in this instance who are misbehaving.
  • I presume however they agreed to let him go in principle if a price of their accepting is offered, unlike a Dimi deal in which the player and buying club decide a price between them that they wish to pay. I don't actually think we are doing what Marsaille did and perhaps his club are moving goalposts in which case their is indeed a difference. My post is really just out of frustration of seeing clubs pay wages to flops and yet when they unearth a gem and should be able to prosper through their services the player wants off and throws toys out the pram. A bit of professional decency is needed to redress the imbalance in my view.
  • Reid has signed a new 6 years contract.
  • Knew not to get excited about this as I couldn't see him joining or us matching his buy out clause

We can moan about the u turn (if there was one) but the release clause is there we just need to stump up the cash if we truly want him

We NEED a real DM who is better than what we have if we want to break into the top 8 and we haven't really spent money this summer

Think we are gonna regret not getting Lemina (i know he's not a DM strictly but he's an athletic player who can do that side of the game)
  • Sorry Vorse missed ur post
  • edited August 2017
    IF we aren't going to get Carvalho then why not try to buy Kondogbia from Inter as he could do the same job?
  • edited August 2017
    Barcelona have told Liverpool they have until Sunday to accept their £118m bid for 25-year-old attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho, or the offer will be withdrawn.
    Times - subscription

Boy: Do you want to go out with me?

Girl: No, thanks.

Boy: But I really want to go out with you.

Girl: Flattering, but no.

Boy: If you don't go out with me by Sunday, I'm going to stop asking you.

• I'll come out with you Grey. ;wink
  • Wish we just paid Carvalhos release clause...... we really need him and the release clause will deffo get our man

• I am hoping our poor start to the season will actually serve us and encourage the board to take a chance in the manner all PL clubs have to at some point and pay a bit over the odds for the right man if available. The reason I say the right man is that I think he is just what we need and will bring solidity in front of a defence that no one else is doing at present, it is a massive outlay for our club but if we are serious about this season then it does need doing in my view.

If staying fit we have options up front that were totally missing last season and Carvalho could be the link that brings the whole team together, we could through him reduce the leakage at the back which would allow the goals scored by Hernandez, Arto, Sakho and AC actually result in points.
  • Andre Gomes of Barcelona and Abdul Majeed Waris of FC Lorient linked as potentials coming in.

Andy Carroll to Newcastle on loan as potentials going out! Yaaaawn
  • edited August 2017
    Carroll linked to Newcastle? ;nonono

That's a bit left field. No one would have seen that coming...
  • That's a bit like saying "Grey linked to Spetses" ;biggrin
    IronHerb said:

That's a bit like saying "Grey linked to Spetses" ;biggrin

I thought he'd already gone to Watford

• Sami Nasri for GBP 3.2m. Surprised we weren't linked with him. We've been linked with every other Man City player.
  • edited August 2017
    Think I had him on a short list of replacements for Payet long time ago. I haven't seem his performances for Sevilla, but surely he couldn't have lost so much of his quality that he wouldn't have been a great signing for us. Maybe wasn't available when we got the Snod in the Jan window, and maybe would have cost a PL club a lot more than a Turkish club. In the end, given Nasri's 30, perhaps Bilic just preferred a younger player still performing in the PL: hence Arnie. Does seem a shame for him to be playing out in Turkey, mind you.
  • I can't help wondering whether Bilic has the final say on player recruitment. Often players do well within a system but struggle in another system. A manger would normally buy players who he thinks fit best the way he wants to play.

Tore was a star player in Turkey but looked rubbish at WHU. Feghouli was a good Algerian international but flopped at WHU. Some say that it was because of the transition to EPL and they could not hack it. What about the players already proven in EPL? Fonte, Ayew and Snodgrass were doing well at the previous clubs but have not been the same players at WHU. have the same concerns about Anautovic. Perhaps, these players don't fit the way Bilic wants to play. If not, why were they bought? Zaza was terrible last year but seems to be doing after leaving WHU. Maybe his new team's system/style and tactics suit him.

So I have some unease about player recruitment. One could argue that good managers bring the best out of the players that they do have and make tactical changes to secure that. If so, why is Bilic not able to do that? Our results and performances have not been too good since the second half of last season.
  • You're implying that Bilic actually has a system which is something that's not always apparent when we play.
  • Crikey!! Sakho has barley kicked a ball in the last one and half seasons but is now rumoured to be wanting a move (https://talksport.com/football/west-ham-united-fc-transfer-news-diafra-sakho-eyeing-exit-lazio-and-bordeaux-register). I know he wanted a move and the West Brom deal fell through because of medical problems, but supported have welcomed him back and he could have waited to score a few goals before sulking again. Club (supporters) paid him whilst he was unfit. Not sure if this is really a gambit for a new contract and a wage rise or really a statement that he does not like WHU hierarchy and wants to move ASAP.
  • Pengeman said:

Crikey!! Sakho has barley kicked a ball in the last one and half seasons but is now rumoured to be wanting a move (https://talksport.com/football/west-ham-united-fc-transfer-news-diafra-sakho-eyeing-exit-lazio-and-bordeaux-register). I know he wanted a move and the West Brom deal fell through because of medical problems, but supported have welcomed him back and he could have waited to score a few goals before sulking again. Club (supporters) paid him whilst he was unfit. Not sure if this is really a gambit for a new contract and a wage rise or really a statement that he does not like WHU hierarchy and wants to move ASAP.

To be fair, it's TalkSport and they don't offer any indication that he actually said he wants to leave - just that teams want him, apparently.

Might not be a bad thing for him to go. I like him as a player but we haven't seen much of him for a while, so if someone's willing to pay something...
  • Outcast,

How much is something? ;hmm
  • ask for ;wotsits + ;cake

take ;cake ;biggrin
  • The opening line starts "West Ham's out-of-favour forward Diafra Sakho", Well he's not been out of favour, he's been injured and the moment he's fit he gets game time.
    ;doh
This discussion has been closed.