Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• May be the thinking process is sell Sakho or Carroll & get Waris Majeed in? Still reckon we should go for Kara Mbodji to be a Centre Half or CDM. ;pray
  • Reports are he, that is Waris, is going to Burnley for £9 million?
  • IronHerb said:

The opening line starts "West Ham's out-of-favour forward Diafra Sakho", Well he's not been out of favour, he's been injured and the moment he's fit he gets game time.
    ;doh

And the photo caption says "Diafra Sakho is out of favour at Aston Villa". ;doh

Must have been ghost-written by David Cameron!
  • The photo caption is pretty certain to be correct. Not sure Steve Bruce has him in his plans. ;lol
  • I know it's only the Sun but I just spotted this -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4303085/manuel-lanzini-barcelona-west-ham-transfer-philippe-coutinho-ousmane-dembele/

Also a few stories that Chelsea are going to hijack our Carvalho deal!!
  • Clever, go and wash your mouth out ;biggrin
  • Snodgrass moving on loan to villa it seems

Doesn't make loads of sense would rather we just sell him even if for a loss a loan doesn't really do much for us
  • It seems Villa want to buy but can't due to FFP. Other clubs are interested who may be able to buy though.
  • edited August 2017
    Stop the bus!! Dirty Harry to the rescue???

“I’d like him as well at Birmingham. Good player.”
  • Snodgrass moving on loan to villa it seems

Doesn't make loads of sense would rather we just sell him even if for a loss a loan doesn't really do much for us

I think a loan makes the most sense. If he plays well we might recover more of the cost than if we sold him now.
  • edited August 2017
    Sporting won 5-1 without our man playing...

Not sure if that good or not for the deal....
  • Vorse,

You could say it means they will get more money from the Champions League so can now stop mucking us around over the fee but as they seem to do that all the time like Mr Levy does at Tottenham then it probably makes no difference to the deal. I understand it's final decision time tomorrow but don't like the idea of Ndong being the consolation if we bale out! Why don't we show that we are genuine and go for Danilo from Porto?
  • Fortune I wonder that they may want to keep him now they're though... ;hmm
  • Vorse,

That might be the case but I understand he was promised, for what that is worth, a move last season and he stayed and now he has set his heart on a transfer away. IF it doesn't happen we can expect the "we tried all we could and here is the cheaper and poorer ability wise alternative". That is why I made reference to Danilo @ Porto as being a decent alternative.
  • Barcelona eye shock move for West Ham ace Manuel Lanzini
    Ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!
  • Swap deal involving Lionel Messi with Lanzini and Ginge going the other way.
  • ;nonono They are not having Ginge !!
  • edited August 2017
    While not the end of the world it is slightly worrying that since Collins rejoined in 2012 our best centre back pairing was and still is Collins and Reid (joined 2010). Other defenders have come, some have gone, but none have really been any better, our best two are the same for five years. Certainly at the current time both Ogbonna and Fonte have more mistakes in them and are certainly IMO positionally worse than JC and WR.

For me, we suck it up this season (or at least until Jan) and do our best, then try to sell Ogbonna (doable) and Fonte (could be an issue if he's on high wages) as I am consistantly disappointed with them, and then phase Burke, Oxford and Rice in (still have Reid and Collins of course). I don't want to buy when we have some youths who seem so nearly ready. Next season give them the chance!
  • Hold on. Collins played well last night against a League 2 CF. If he didn't come out on top then that would have been an issue.
    Why you would want to sell Ogbonna is beyond me. He's 3 games back from a serious injury and takes all the flak.
  • Ironherb - not just on yesterdays game regarding Ogbonna. I have felt in his whole time here his concentration is poor and he lets himself down. While good with his feet and a good headerer, his positional sense is pretty poor. I find he is often lackadaisical in his play, and he is often so slow to react. If he could put in full effort and fully concentrate for 90 minutes he would be a fantastic defender with his ability. However we are now going into the third season of him here and he has not improved on this. As a result he makes too many mistakes and lets the oppostion get in too frequently. Obviously all defenders make mistakes but if making that many I would rather play youths if they are good enough (Rice, Burke, Oxford) who will also make mistakes but may improve given time.

As for Collins, yes the opposition was only league 2 yesterday but you can only play what's in front of you and he did it expertly. Some of our other players were also playing a league 2 side yest and weren't as effective.
  • Mr IH - the voice of reason. ;bowdown
  • I've never felt comfortable when Ogbonna plays. Wouldn't be too fussed to see him go.
  • I like Ogbonna, and it seems the club do too, having given him a 5 year deal a month or so ago
  • So basically, when Ginge plays with Oggy we seem to look pretty solid defensively and hard to break down

However, when Reid plays with Oggy, Reid plays well personally, however the entire defensive unit resembles a circus act

;hmm
  • Breaking news:

The William Carvalho transfer is in danger of outlasting the DFS sale.
  • New ;sofa anyone ?
  • When does the window close ?
  • We rarely look solid defensively, even when we play well. I believe a lot of our defensive issues are due to lack of protection from midfield
  • Suzie that's impossible. The window closes next Thursday whereas the DFS sale probably ends midnight Monday and then restarts at 00.00.01 Tuesday.
  • Slav has said we've offloaded players to give us the budget to buy a quality CM but if we don't get our target we won't bother. If we've got the budget and Carvalho is the target why won't we just say here's the €40M and stop the messing around.
This discussion has been closed.