Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• Too late to hope we will bring anyone of quality in the clubs a shambles imo.
  • edited August 2017
    You just said on another thread that you think the squad is ok. ;puzzled
  • The Squad is ok imo , what i'm saying is we have supposedly been linked with a quality defensive midfielder for 3 weeks Bilic admitted to this but as is always the case our owner will not meet the fee being asked as we do everything on the cheap
    so getting quality in is one thing leaving it this late after the shower of the last 3
    games is a joke , if he new he needed this type of player which its clear we do then why leave it this late again .

Yes I do think we have a decent team it just needs coaching watching the Newcastle game i found it hard to believe we had any sort of game plan .

And taking Rice off at half time was a stupid thing to do to the kids confidence
    imo .
  • According to Twitter chatter, we're still hopeful of landing Carvalho but are not close to any other deal.

If we believe SB when he said we would replace anyone who leaves, we must be looking at a wide player to replace Snodgrass. With Feghouli also being sold, we are very light on the wings (particularly risky when you consider Arnie's temperament and Antonio's muscle-testing style of play), and I think it's fair to say Fernandes is not the answer out wide.
  • brookings

as is always the case our owner will not meet the fee being asked as we do everything on the cheap
    Why say that when you know it isn't true?

Ayew and Arnie broke the club transfer record.

We agreed a fee for Bacca last year, but he wouldn't join us.

Our comparative transfer spend has been posted on a number of occasions, but you ignore that.

I don't see the point.
  • Grey ;ok we broke the transfer record at west ham ;biggrin we didnt get messi though did we , joking aside my point will always be these two are just sucking the club dry imo , we are getting 57k through the door and our record transfer is 24m
    Leicester paid 34m for a striker last season are we not a bigger club than them.

Net spend is what i look at we had payet money from january or at least half of it
    we got 120m and net spend is about 36m very poor when you look at other teams around us .
  • 57k but what are they paying for their tickets?

Are we a bigger club than Leicester? Define "bigger". Have we ever won the Premier league?
  • world wide Fan Base , Ground .
  • Blackburn won the premier league so are they a bigger club than us ?
  • We don't have a right to say we are 'bigger' than either Blackburn or Leicester, IMO.
  • Leicester had champions league football /money last year we did not
  • edited August 2017
    I think in terms of history, fan base and general perception by neutrals we are 'bigger' than both Leicester and Blackburn.

But in terms of where we are at the moment, I can see see Leicester being a more attractive proposition.
  • world wide Fan Base .

Have you got figures on the world wide fan base for each club?

• No have you ? But I bet we are bigger
    Than both ;wink
  • edited August 2017

No have you ?

Well, no. That's why I asked.

You were the one stating we were a bigger club than them because our fan base is bigger, and using that 'fact' to criticise our comparative dealings in the transfer window.

Clearly your criticism if strongly felt, but as it is resting on only an assumption (or a 'bet'), I don't see any reason why I would agree with you. ;ok

• IMG_20170829_191645

Actually made me lol
  • Some noise that Sakho my be signing for Rennes.

If true, we must have a replacement lined up.

Surely.

Wouldn't we?
  • Surely we can't be accepting we don't need any more forwards and then be close to selling one of the two we have?
  • Ravs not coming back this window. Having a medical at Mexican club Atlas.
  • Kumb reporting on a De telegraph report that we have made a 3 million bid on a keeper turned down.

Joroen Zoet
  • Sounds like it's going sideways again
  • Good news on Sakho especially if we get the reported £9m. He's in the last year of his contract and, unfortunately, we just can't have both him and Carroll in the same squad.
  • Newcastle would take 18 million for Dwight Gayle according to the Guardian.
  • But then what we are a striker down and I can't see us buying anyone before Thursday unles they are going to use Martinez more as his replacement?
  • It's too late now

While I agree it'll be nice to get money for him we are probably gonna be in a relagation battle for at least half the season so I'd rather we just keep him

We don't need the money we have only spent about £10mil net this summer and have managed to shift a lot of big wages (Snodgrass, Feghouli, Arbeloa, Nordtveit, Calleri, Zaza, Tore etc)

This is why I wasn't find of losing both Feghouli and Snodgrass, I don't think either of them have done enough and neither were justifying their wages but we have sold both of them without a replacement and now look short for wingers

If we lose Sakho we will be down to Chicarito and Carroll who is less reliable than sakho
  • Sakho going nowhere according to C&H Rennes offer too low and too late
  • edited August 2017
    Feghouli and Snodgrass were poor players but they were actual wingers, we have gutted out our wingers and have no natural wingers at the club, we had this situation before I remember when we let Etherington go, it basically restricts our formation and tactics unless we play Antonio and Arnie as wingers which for me isn't their best position both want to be playing left or right of the striker up the pitch not back on the halfway line or on top of the fullbacks.
  • If Snodgrass is to be believed (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/robert-snodgrass-knew-west-ham-11077724 ) Bilic did not know what his players strengths are. Who is controlling the transfer policy?
  • Pengeman - see the Bilic thread.

Snodgrass is not to be believed.
This discussion has been closed.