Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• @ grey_til_I_dye - Thank you. Illuminating!! Snodgrass obviously does not want to return to WHU, at least not whilst Bilic is threre.
  • See sky are reporting that WBA are interested (and close?) To signing PSGs Grzegorz Krychowiak on loan

Have no idea why we aren't in for that deal, he is a true DM and is avaliable

He was a huge player at Sevilla and would be a huge coup for us

Really frustrating this......
  • I don't think we will be signing anybody. I really hope I am wrong.
  • http://www.claretandhugh.info/snodgrass-dishes-the-hammers-dirt-big-time/

Surely as we are still paying 35% of his wages and own him Snodgrass should be getting a heavy club fine if these comments are indeed considered to be "dishing the dirt big time"?
  • Sure this is the same bid already denied but Sky reporting on the Evening Standard article.

SAKHO SALE?

West Ham striker Diafra Sakho will move to French Ligue 1 club Rennes in a £9million deal in the next 24 hours, according to the Evening Standard.

• edited August 2017

See sky are reporting that WBA are interested (and close?) To signing PSGs Grzegorz Krychowiak on loan

Have no idea why we aren't in for that deal, he is a true DM and is avaliable

He was a huge player at Sevilla and would be a huge coup for us

Really frustrating this......

Feels very much like we're putting all of our eggs into a William Carvalho shaped basket.

Just like last year when we had a Carlos Bacca shaped basket.

Krychowiak has good European pedigree and should have been on our radar, IMO. More worrying still, maybe he was and chose WBA ahead of us
  • Will be really upset if this happens sure the guys head may not be right but whos is he has goals in him and we need him if we don't get anyone else ;angry
  • Sounds like Sakho has arrived in France for his medical.
    I just hope if he goes there are more than 1 incoming......
  • Just look out for the Martinez clips that are about to hit the West Ham Facebook. ;lol
  • I think we all rate Martinez very very highly but it is also worth mentioning that he is only just turned 20

I mean he might be ready but the only strikers I can think of that have really made an impact at such a young age are Mbappe and Rashford who are probably going to be Ballon Dor candidates one day

Hope we bring in another body, and another young and quick winger
  • Twitter says Sakho has passed his Rennes medical...
  • ;weep so looks like Sahko is gone and not a hint of anyone coming in ;puzzled am I missing something or are we left with chicarito and carroll ;doh yes that carroll and Martinez .if that is the case we really are in trouble
  • Ex has just said that there will hopefully be movement on a forward tomorrow and we're going in for Carvalho with (another) final offer.
  • Llorente to Chelsea has re-emerged on the rumour front. Could this mean Bats would become available on loan? ;hmm
  • Would like to think that of that extra £9mil comes in it can help us push Carvalho over the line it'll make sense as that's a far more roasting concern

Fletcher £6.5mil
    Nordveit £6mil
    Valencia £6mil
    Randolph £5mil
    Sakho £9mil
    Feghouli £4mil

Arbeloa, Calleri, Tore and Snodgrass off the wage bill

That's about £40mil recouped without hurting the starting XI (still leaves us short) and reducing the wage bill

With Hernandez and Arnie our only major expenditures surely there is enough now in the kitty to get someone in

• Would like to think that of that extra £9mil comes in it can help us push Carvalho over the line it'll make sense as that's a far more roasting concern

Fletcher £6.5mil
    Nordveit £6mil
    Valencia £6mil
    Randolph £5mil
    Sakho £9mil
    Feghouli £4mil

Arbeloa, Calleri, Tore and Snodgrass off the wage bill

That's about £40mil recouped without hurting the starting XI (still leaves us short) and reducing the wage bill

With Hernandez and Arnie our only major expenditures surely there is enough now in the kitty to get someone in

• I do not know what is going on behind the scenes but I do not imagine Sakho is being allowed to go without a significant signing coming our way. Only a fool would allow sakho to leave and have only Chico and Carroll (who is nothing but a luxury nowadays) up front. If that was the case it would be a most blatant mis management by either Slav or Sully and they would deserve all they get.

I think some news will come soon that we are happy with.
  • Would be interesting to see if a late loan move for Batshuayi may happen

We are definately interested and he seems second choice to Morata. Looks like they will sign llorente soon so he will be 3rd choice
  • Champo, C&B ;ok

I'm hoping the £9m will fill the gap between ours and Sporting's valuation of Carvalho.

I'm also hoping that the club wouldn't be daft enough to let Sakho go without being confident of replacing him.

And I still think we need to be looking to replace Feg/Snod on the wing. No way will Arnie and Antonio stay fit/suspension-free enough to see us through the season
  • SSN reporting we're in talks with Abdul Majeed Waris as we look to replace Sakho.

I don't know either.
  • Sky reporting we are in talks with this man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Majeed_Waris

Not exactly a big signing.

I see that Tony Gale just said that in our last two seasons our net spend has been £4m. Pathetic if true, what with all the extra money and government subsidies. The Chairmen though are still saying that we are heavily in debt. That 8% interest really is a lovely cash cow for them.

I do hope that the club make some significant signings before the deadline.

By the way I've also seen all the spite online directed towards Noble and even if people don't rate him, it is bang out of order. Do us 'fans' really think this will help the team.

I also heard Bilic got some abuse in a restaurant. We really have some moronic supporters.

• And is Sakho does leave, I hope he sorts his head out. If he stays fit, he's a £30m player.
  • Our board will have to pull out some masterstroke if they are to sign a decent striker by the deadline.
    The way the team has been performing and the disastrous results we have had. Along with the fact the manager will probably be sacked in a couple of weeks.
    What player in their right mind would come into a club that is in such a rapid decline?
    Oh yes, we are looking at Abdul Majeed Waris from Lorient a French league 2 side.
    He will cost about 5 quid!!!
    Now if we had started the season with a bit of promise like Watford or West Brom etc we would be a different proposition but why would you come to a club that always seems to shoot itself in the foot and also seems to ruin most of the players it signs eventually.
    Also there is another issue why do players like Payet, Valencia ,Snodgrass and Sakho dislike being at the club so much?
  • Waris is supposedly a DS buy
  • edited August 2017
    We are skint I believe, and the chuckle bros will not invest their own money on players. - 1 in 1 out this year due to not having the pay day loan.
    Our squad will be thin until January when funds will probably be made available to the new manager. As long as we just about survive in the prem, they will be happy with that as a fall back option, until an investor comes in to take away all their troubles.

Bilic is toast imo
  • Stand down. Little Jack has said Sakho isn't going anywhere.

Well isn't this all very exciting.
  • edited August 2017
    I see that Tony Gale just said that in our last two seasons our net spend has been £4m. Pathetic if true,
    Whichever 2 seasons he is talking about it is just not true, and I fail to see how anyone who takes an interest in our club could imagine it was.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2802&comp_id=1&teamTabs=transfers

15/16 Spent 48.6 m recouped 19.6m - net spend 28m
    16/17 58.9 spent, recouped 25m - net spend 33.9
    17/18 (so far) Spent 40m recouped 29.9m - net to date 10m

Last 5 years we have the 8th highest PL net spend £106.5m

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

It seems that people are happier to read and believe any old nonsense rather than actually look at, you know, the facts.

How much of that interest on their loans have the DDs taken out of the club?
  • Gold explained the loans on twitter I think the other day. Basically he cashed in some investments on which he was earning 10%. He repaid external debt on which the club were being charged 10% in return for a loan to the club for which he is charging 6%. So the club is being charged 4% less and the debt is to the owners which is a lot safer than being to an external debtor. Overall it has cost him 4% on his own investments.
  • I wouldn't think Jack has any better sources than the tea lady at the club as nobody would want him spouting off over twitter as he used to do.
    Sakho cannot stand being at the club and I am putting a fiver on him going asap!!
  • edited August 2017
    Tony Gale ;doh

Bluntest knife in the box?

And a rubbish commentator to boot.
This discussion has been closed.