Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• First of all before putting in another offer for arnautovic i would want to find out the extent of his injury also 25 mill seems over the top.
    The other stumbling block could be hernandez wages But if we could get all three for no more than 50 mill i would say that's good business. ;biggrin

• Until I see them in a West Ham shirt I won't believe it ;wahoo
  • Thing is, Arnautovic is contracted until 2022. Stoke don't need to sell. They may very well do to him what we threatended to do to Payet. They can hold out for the £25m and hold all of the cards during the negotiations.

• So, playing Devil’s Advocate, does £53m for Arnautovic, Hernandez and Gray represent good business in today’s market? ;hmm

That's a nicely-framed question, OCS. Using Ayew and Snodgrass as a frame of reference, I would be happy with that.
  • ocs how come we never seem to have good cards ;weep
  • Thing is, Arnautovic is contracted until 2022. Stoke don't need to sell. They may very well do to him what we threatended to do to Payet. They can hold out for the £25m and hold all of the cards during the negotiations.

But that worked out well for us didn't it. The dressing room was broken and the performances were poor.

Arne has already left in his mind so as long as he passes his medical I believe we'll get him. As long as Bilic wants him of course. ;wink
  • Kovacic would be an amazing signing...
    Croatian link too.. ;pray ;pray ;pray
  • A bit left field but how about a bid for Marko Arnautovic? I reckon he would be perfect for left side of a three.

I must have had a premonition on the 19th May... ;lol
  • Preston is ...... #braderz ????

;nonono
  • edited July 2017
    Ex is such a fraud
    He has basically repeated Jinxed posts from KUMB from last night
    He called the Arnoutovic interest last week and is generally pretty good for an itk imo
  • Are there any early guesses for where our last ditch South American loan signing striker that no one's ever heard of is going to come from?

My money's on Paraguay. Not necessarily a Paraguayan but currently plying his trade in Paraguay. I couldn't tell you his name because I've never heard of him.
  • Carlos Kiqaball from Peru.
  • I also think Peru, the guys name is Senor Pad Intonbear
  • Ex is such a fraud
    He has basically repeated Jinxed posts from KUMB from last night
    He called the Arnoutovic interest last week and is generally pretty good for an itk imo

Shots fired...

;wink
  • MA's agent: "I hope the club does not stand in his way - the offer received is more than correct, compared to what Stoke paid for him."
  • Miaow.....

“In the end he wasn’t considered because he has no stamina, no physical impact and isn’t a big game player.”

- Jose Mourinho on Lacazette
  • So, playing Devil’s Advocate, does £53m for Arnautovic, Hernandez and Gray represent good business in today’s market?

A better use of that type of money would be Hernandez, Braithwaite and Kovacic.

Tell Arsene to do one with regard to Quina!
  • IMG_2428

Saw this on twitter... Bit difficult to read but couldn't be bothered to re write it...
  • edited July 2017

Miaow.....

“In the end he wasn’t considered because he has no stamina, no physical impact and isn’t a big game player.”

- Jose Mourinho on Lacazette

So he signed lukaku... who has scored 5 goals in 35 against the top six since 2014... "big game player"

IMG_2429

P.S. Go on Sakho! ;scarf
  • It's so depressing to wonder how many goals Sakho and Carroll would have scored over the last few seasons if they'd both been available 95% of the time.

It's so depressing to wonder how many goals Sakho and Carroll would have scored over the last few seasons if they'd both been available 95% of the time.

But they weren't. Just cherish those happy memories of the 5% of the time that they were.

• I suspect that Stoke have deliberately overpriced Aerodynamics in the hope no one thinks he's worth £25m
  • edited July 2017

It's so depressing to wonder how many goals Sakho and Carroll would have scored over the last few seasons if they'd both been available 95% of the time.

After my 'soccer' studies at MIT I developed an algorithm which incorporated various striker attributes (e.g. physical presence, back to goal, shot accuracy, link up skill, technical ability, mental strengh etc) and eliminated time out injured.

According to my calculations, the answer is.... 39 ;cool
  • edited July 2017
    Happy, that twitter thing... where did it actually originate?
  • Bazshuayi said:

According to my calculations, the answer is.... 39 ;cool

Every Frood knows that the answer is 42 (and where their towel is).
  • edited July 2017
    If we sign Arnie for £20m ish, where does that leave Ayew?

Team, potentially, would be:

Adrian
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Obiang - Noble/Kouyate
    Antonio - Lanzini - Arnautovic
    Hernandez

Do we sell him? Can't spend £40m on two players when one doesn't play.

Amazingly if we could sign Arnie, Hernandez and Gray, that could be it. Only 4 signings with Zab. Not massive overhaul, but 3/4 come into the starting XI. Then we have the luxury of saying 'maybe another top CB if one becomes available and an upgraded keeper (Hart)', but they are bonuses. I do think we need another CM though.

Then depends who we sell and will need replacing in the squad (Snodgrass, Feghouli, Ayew etc).

If the Daves pull it off then full marks.
  • If we sign Arnie for £20m ish, where does that leave Ayew?

Competing with Arnie.

If we're to progress, we need two good players for every position. If Ayew wants to play, he needs to out-perform Arnie (should he sign).
  • edited July 2017
    OCS - agree mate completely ;ok but will either accept that?

I know in an ideal world they both would accept that, but if one doesn't play, I'd expect them to be impatient.

Maybe Ayew competes with Lanzini for that No.10 role, giving us a different option? Or with Antonio for RW should he not produce?

Suppose Arnie, Ayew and Lanzini could all actually get in the XI.
  • We are West Ham -there will always be at any one time enough midfielders injured to be forced able to experiment with playing people in new positions.

It's like arguing about where you will put your new spare wheel on a car with wheels lasting one month.
  • Arnautovic seems like a player who turns up once every 3 or 4 games. Am I missing something with him? (Perfectly possible, as my interest in Stoke matches generally is on a par with my interest in garden furniture or Love Island).
This discussion has been closed.