Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• If we can sell Randolph for 2m. That pays for Hart and we improve the first team. No brainer IMO
  • You may be right aldez, but I don't think there is much in it to be honest, but
    there are far more important issues that need to take priority before goalkeepers,
    and that is getting at least two strikers ASAP.
  • Hammerx

But it isn't either or, is it?

The club are clearly working on a number of fronts to try to get forwards in.

Assuming the Hart deal is true, arranging it won't have any influence on our ability to get strikers, will it?
  • So either Randolph or Adrian would be off then... Followed by the other one next summer.

I don't understand why we want to disrupt a solid part of the squad for this guy.

IMO the word solid can not really be applied to our defence. Neither of our keepers inspired a huge amount of confidence. Hart was the one singing I've bee really hoping would happen
  • If we can sell Randolph for 2m. That pays for Hart and we improve the first team. No brainer IMO

;hmm

You're saying the £2m is the loan fee?

I can see a number of things that stops it being a no-brainer...

It improves the squad for 1 year (if we accept Hart is an improvement on Randolph) but where are we after the loan ends? The squad then is weaker than it was a year ago. Which is a worry, for me: I want us to be looking to long-term building, not short term fixes season by season.

If Hart has a stormer of a year, his selling price will be (possibly) too high for us. Or he may want to use us a stepping stone to reignite his career and he'll be off, even if we can afford it. (See my previous comment about a long-term approach to our transfer dealings.)

I would think it perhaps more likely that Adrian would want out, rather than Randolph? Possibly? Thus making the problems in a year even worse?

I'm not saying don't loan him, I'm just saying that I think it isn't as obviously a no-brainer as you say it is.
  • I dont get it - adding Zabaletta and Hart to our defence can only strengthen us, or am I missing something ?/
    I bet that City will be picking up a major portion of the wages to make this happen.
    Does everyone forget some of the terrible goalkeeping last year ?

#No-Brainer
  • The words of the Torino president... Not exactly a ringing endorsement...

Hart made a few mistakes, especially when coming out for the ball,’ assessed Cairo.

‘He is an important goalkeeper. We probably didn’t expect so many mistakes from an England international… but he did some good things, too.’

• BTW I've just seen that Valencia to Tigres is confirmed on the OS..
  • Mrs G.

I've seen the Hart move reported as a loan with a buy at the end, which makes sense of Twists post. Although not sure £2m loan fee would cover it. ;ok
  • Herb, yes, that's what I thought. I've seen various prices for the 'buy' part being bandied about, £20m and so on.
  • Not long ago, Hart was considered one of the best in the world. He lost his confidence after Guardiola chucked him out of the team before giving him a chance, but he's head and shoulders (couldn't resist) above Randy and Adrian.

Even if he makes a couple of mistakes while regaining his confidence, we'd probably have got that from the other two anyway.

And he's captained Man City and England and knows what he's talking about at the back in terms of concentration and organisation.

• Talking of heads
  • Hammerx

But it isn't either or, is it?

The club are clearly working on a number of fronts to try to get forwards in.

Assuming the Hart deal is true, arranging it won't have any influence on our ability to get strikers, will it?

It will be if they spend big on him. If it's a loan then may be o.k. but I don't
    think he much better than what we already have anyway.
  • http://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-bid-emotional-farewell-to-legendary-valencia

This headline made me laugh not quite sure where they got the emotional farewell to legendary bit from ;lol
  • Legendary... ;whome
  • Left foot ;lol ;weep ;lol
  • I see that Swansea have confirmed that Sigurdsson is not going with then on their pre-season tour. Wonder why not? ;hmm ;biggrin
  • strike Cedric from the list

Cedric Bakambu has signed two-year contract extension, the La Liga club have confirmed.
  • Randy not for sale
    http://www.claretandhugh.info/
    bye bye ;adrian ?
  • When is Adrian's contract up
  • Next year I think. Didn't we exercise a one year option this summer?
  • Fee now agreed for Arnautovic according to Jinxed on KUMB.

Jinxed said 18-20m,it's not it's more likely closer to 24m as Stoke have to pay 20% to his previous.

Still a decent signing though, and if we could get Hart and Hernandez I'd be one very very happy Hammer

• Adrian just signed a new deal, this is a tricky one, because Randy is in a World Cup season, there again he did play internationals when he wasn't in our first team

I'd rather have Hart and Adrian but I'm not sure Adrian would stand for being pretty much a permanent second choice, whereas Randy may do, but for the WC

If they need the money they get rid of Adrian, I can see Randy going to a challenging championship team
  • My company blocks the C&H website, what does it say about Adrian?
  • Wouldn't worry it's a pile of......

Click bait at its finest

Does Grey manage your company's IT department? ;hmm
  • McHammer said:

Randy not for sale
    http://www.claretandhugh.info/
    bye bye ;adrian ?

That would be a shame. Id much rather see Adrian stay. Gets on well with the players and is on a different level to Randolph (IMO)
  • Vorse its more about Randy not going than any mention of Adrian. Says we have snubbed an approach from Boro. Claims we do not want to sell him even if Hart comes in.

Does Grey manage your company's IT department? ;hmm
    ;nonono

No censorship here.

People are welcome to be gulled by any site they choose.
  • Mchammer ;ok
This discussion has been closed.