Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Fail - No 1 of 2 strikers signed before first Pre-Season game.
  • Sampdoria bid £6m for Wilshere. Got to be worth a go. More talented than all our central midfielders combined.
  • Also on the treatment table more than all our central midfielders combined
  • Fail - No 1 of 2 strikers signed before first Pre-Season game.

How is that a fail? What relevance is the first pre-season game?
  • Sampdoria bid £6m for Wilshere. Got to be worth a go. More talented than all our central midfielders combined.

But his injury record over the last five years is worse than Carroll's. You can't at the same time hope Wilshere will suddenly be fit all the time and yet write Carroll off as somebody who never will be, when their records are the same.
  • edited July 2017
    I think the finances are the key. Plus the status of Carroll. Carroll is deemed our star striker and No.1 when fit. He cost a club record fee at the time and is on reasonable wages.

Wilshere would be an attractive signing as he would cost a lot less due to his injury record and would be competing with 3 others for CM. Our season would not crumble with him unavailable, in the same way it seems to do with Andy. A lot of emphasis is often placed on Andy by the club.

And if Jack did stay fit and play 25+ games. That's some player on our hands.
  • Our season might not crumble but there's still a high chance a lot of the time his wages will be going down the drain.

And his wages will be high.
  • I'm not even sure what it is that makes Wilshere so talented. Is it being a good passer in a side surrounded by good passers and exceptional movers?

What did he do at Bournemouth last season?
  • That 6M had 15m in add ons from the title I saw.

Injury record aside, did he really stand out for Bournemouth last season?

However, if we went in for him I wouldnt be against it (ignoring add ons) at 6M. At that price you cant really get much of a player these days (especially one with his pedigree).

I think I just talked myself into it ;puzzled ;wahoo
  • Rather we spent the money on a forward than on a midfielder
  • Oooo it's heating up.
  • Messi ;biggrin
  • West Ham are closing in on Javier Hernandez and hope to close the deal in the next week, according to Sky Sources.

;pray
  • New week hope its the earliest part the week ;cool
  • Zabaleta, Hart, Arnautovic and Hernandez.

Wouldn't be too bad for starters.

My only concern would be if Arnie is being bought in as one of two strikers we need.

But otherwise, and making the enormours assumption that we get these deals done, great effort by the board ;clap
  • Hopefully the deals are done asap. Would be great to actually start the season with a couple of new signings 'ready' to play from the start
  • If we get those 4 and maybe Gray aswell I think we will have a nicely balance squad . The problem areas would have been addressed and we have plenty of options and cover.
  • Arnautovic will be the signing of the season. He is a perfect fit for us IMO

(I look forward to you guys quoting this post when he's terrible)
  • #bookmarked ;wink
  • Not sure if this is legit, but it looks like Twitter has beaten the OS to the punch again

IMG_20170718_123604
  • I was just about to post that ;biggrin
  • Ex also reporting that a third bid for Arnautovic appears to have been accepted...
  • There is no doubting Wilshere's talent but the Dave's would be hung out to dry if they committed his sort of wages and three weeks in he is out for the season. If you have never had a Carroll you have an excuse but we have had Carroll for years now and each year has been the same.

The only sensible offer ( which I am sure he would refuse) is a high pay as you play, give him 100k a week if he is playing but 10k if he is not. He will likely get 70-80k somewhere however playing or not as someone will take a chance.
  • Not excited at all about Arnoutovic but happy to to be proven wrong

All things considered bringing in Hart, Zabaleta, Arnoutovic and Hernandez with only Nordtveit, Calleri and Valencia leaving is a good window
  • YourMCFC‏ @YourMCFC 35m35 minutes ago
    More
    Joe Hart is a West Ham player! Good luck Joe! West Ham will look after you
  • A counter view from a WH fan... ;doh

He won't be smiling when he realises he's joined the most tinpot club on earth. Welcome lad
  • I think tinpot is a little strong! ;nonono
  • Announce it already!!!! ;weep
  • #bookmarked ;wink

;wink ;wave
This discussion has been closed.