Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Third bid tabled for Arnautovic according to Sky this evening. Over £20m.

Rob Dorsett @RobDorsettSky
    Told #whufc have tabled a third bid for #scfc Marko Arnautovic. Value not clear, but more than £20m of last bid.
  • Not worth it imo. 20m should have been the highest price. Should go in for Tadic instead.
  • I wonder if we paid for the first class seat...

IMG_1271
  • I like the idea of Hart joining and although the price may seem steep for Arnie at 20m + seeing what is being spent elsewhere on other players, and assuming we are a team he wants to join and that he is a player we want, then I think then we should show willing and get him for Stokes asking price.

I am not sure that I am a fan of the low ball offer and then creep it up until we get to a deal, I understand sales and have been involved in many negotiations but I think that in the footie world, there is a real value in making a player feel wanted.
  • Zabelta hart arnartovic and Hernandez would be a great window if they pull it off , hopefully hart and arnartovic this week
  • Not really sure how much Arnautovic actually brings on a regular basis, so wouldn't be unhappy if we missed out on him.

Nobody else 'seems' to be in for him, which is a bit ;hmm

Hernandez would score goals for anybody, IMO, so would be happy with him.
  • PLF You don't think we need a second striker?

Add Gray to that list and then it will be a great window.
  • edited July 2017
    I think with Arnautovic, Slav has probably looked at him as a bit of a character, in the sense that he is probably a lot more intense than some of our players.

We do need to increase the personality and standards of the squad. I think with a lot of the players we're linked with, that is clearly an area Slav wants improving. Arnie, Zab and Hart are all proven players and probably quite influential in the dressing room.

I looked at our side last season; Kouyate, Obiang, Feghouli, Lanzini, Byram, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Calleri, Fernandes, Masuaku, Nordtveit, Snodgrass etc and didn't really see anybody capable of lifting a team or that others look up too.

I think apart from Reid, Fonte, Collins, Noble, Sakho and Carroll, we don't really have any 'hardened' players with obvious leadership qualities.

There are probably many better LW's out there than Arnie. But Slav obviously sees something in him that he wants in our squad. He is the sort of player who puts in performance worthy of the prestigious MOTD analysis roll, but won't exactly do that every week. But how many LW's do that every week. It's a position where you can often be isolated and you are judged by scoring AND assisting standards. Not to mention tracking back. Often a thankless task in a mid-table/lower half side.
  • Feg was a free so I would expect him to be on big wages
  • Adam said:

PLF You don't think we need a second striker?

Add Gray to that list and then it will be a great window.

Agree would love Gray aswell depends what systems Slav intends to play he seems intent on playing two wingers so I m thinking 4,5,1 or 4,4,1,1 but lets get one striker in first then worry about a second
    ;thumbsup
  • But it's not fair, I want 2 strikers now ;weep
  • So has anything actually happend... like for real?
  • 103 new comments since last looked ;pray
  • ;tumbleweed

Suze,
    ;sub
  • Well, I've gone on holiday ;lol
  • IronHerb said:

Well, I've gone on holiday ;lol

4 more days then , home
    ;nolan
    Can't wait to get back to work

;weep

I got another tattoo.
  • I've watched three seasons of Game of Thrones in a desperate attempt to catch up before the new season starts.
  • I got a new job
  • #ResidentSleeper
  • alderz said:

I got a new job

PogChamp

(using Twitch emotes to convey my thoughts)
  • alderz said:

I got a new job

Well done ;thumbsup ;champagne
  • We could of started beard growing competition ;wahoo
  • alderz said:

I got a new job

I am sure you are sporty but if I see a picture of you holding up a shirt on the OS I will not be amused...
  • Thanks everyone!
  • alderz said:

I got a new job

So you are on £100k a week with your former employer picking up half of it?
  • Well done, Alderz. ;hug
    What will you be doing and where?
  • Joe Hart's West Ham move all but confirmed after Arsenal's Jack Wilshere posts cryptic comment

The England goalkeeper is on the verge of a loan switch to the Hammers

From football.london
  • 101 pages and we've signed 1 player coyi
This discussion has been closed.