Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Well we've addressed our biggest problem by improving the defence with Zab and Hart, so there has been action.
  • Our Biggest problem has being a fit striker who can play 30 games at least. So I would disagree our biggest problem has been addressed. Has Hart actually signed ?
  • not seen Hart has signed yet either he dropped his pen or theres still hope he wont ;pray
  • Our Biggest problem has being a fit striker who can play 30 games at least. So I would disagree our biggest problem has been addressed. Has Hart actually signed ?

Our biggest problem has been our defence, not our attack.

No, he hasn't, in fairness, but it seems likely he will.
  • RB has been our biggest and continuous problem since Lucas Neil left.. Very Happy with this bit of business, done early and no fuss...

Just reading all the City fans comments we did a great deal.
  • Last season we scored 47 and we were 11th in goals scored (= table position) but 6th worst in goals against (64)

The year before we were 5th with goals scored (65 - finished 7th) and 10th in GA (51)

14-15 We were 13th in GF (44 - finished 12th) 14th in GA (47)

Last season there were 7 games where conceding 1 less goal would have meant a draw (+7 points) and 7 where it would have meant a win (+21 pts)

We were around 15 goals worse off than our previous average.

2 more points would have moved us from 11th to 8th.

17 more would have taken us to 7th.

I think it is fair to say that last year we suffered more from not having a solid defence than missing fit strikers.

There were only 10 games where we failed to score.

There were 13 games we scored 2 or more.
  • Stat Attack ;wahoo
  • Sky sources: Joe Hart is having a medical at West Ham today.
  • edited July 2017

Our Biggest problem has being a fit striker who can play 30 games at least. So I would disagree our biggest problem has been addressed. Has Hart actually signed ?

Our biggest problem has been our defence, not our attack.

No, he hasn't, in fairness, but it seems likely he will.
    Both attack and defence..........IMHO
  • Got to agree with Grey here , our defence was terrible last season goal keeping not much better imo , yes we had striker problems but the games I watched we went through a spell of letting very early goals in and then chasing the game not good
    tactics really I can see why they have gone in for Hart .

I also believe Arnie is nearly done and probably Hernandez too ;clap

That will put many a smile on Hammers fans faces .
  • But all last year it was "Individual error mistakes" they weren't bad defenders yet building a case for the defence was bad urgo it needs changing to stop us leaking goals. Story seems to change a lot.
  • But all last year it was "Individual error mistakes" they weren't bad defenders yet building a case for the defence was bad urgo it needs changing to stop us leaking goals. Story seems to change a lot.

Individual errors come because of a lack of confidence and/or concentration. A couple of title-winning leaders at the back will help massively with this.
  • edited July 2017
    I also believe Arnie is nearly done and probably Hernandez too

That will put many a smile on Hammers fans faces

Only way Arnie will put a smile on my face is if he scores 12-15 goals for us next season. ;ok
  • edited July 2017
    I remember last season commenting how I really felt for our forward line when they couldn't be certain of getting a win even by scoring 3 times.

No-one is denying our need for strikers, not even the board. Our defence though was deeply worrying in both of the last two seasons, although in Slavs first season it was asked by payet etc
  • edited July 2017
    Apart from our defence/ keeper were leaking goals often , IMO u could also add that too many efforts on goal were being allowed through our midfield as well... I think our keepers had one of the highest amounts of shots to deal with...But To blame the defence/ keeper only is IMO a tad unfair...
  • Arne isn't a striker Fortune so 12-15 goals would be a surprise.
  • Whose Arne???
  • Back of the net ;biggrin
  • Arnautovic? (if he joins, I'll learn how to spell it)
  • ;doh end of the week is my only excuse...
  • I be been asleep for few hours,, afternoon knapp is mine ;phew
  • Walker confirmed by City he will have to be good to replace Zab.....
  • Arne isn't a striker Fortune so 12-15 goals would be a surprise.

Antonio got nine, Lanzini 8 last season so I don't think it is asking too much for him to score more especially for the amount of money we are supposed to be paying for him. ;ok
  • After Giroud seems a non starter the latest name thrown in the hat is WBA's Rondon......
  • Oh good grief ;doh
  • That's my thoughts, didn't wanna say
  • Apart from on the obvious statistic, rondon is inferior to both ac and Sakho
  • Bench warmer
This discussion has been closed.