Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• That'll be nice.
  • £10 million is a great price.
  • IF that were the deal, AND he signed at the end of the season, then I'd definitely say that was a result.
  • My guess (with no real substance to it) is that the loan fee will probably be significant if the selling price is only £10m. Somewhere between £5m-£10m?

And I wonder what happens to his wages if we do buy Hart. Would he take a potential pay cut of 50% (assuming City are paying half of his wages this season)?

To be clear, I'm not saying I don't want Hart!
  • Those terms, and if he commits to staying, would go a long way to assuage my worries.
  • edited July 2017
    Is Assuage our new striker ;puzzled
  • Even if we don't keep Hart, whoever we have lost out of Randy and Adrian would not be difficult to replace next summer.

They're pretty average goalkeepers IMO.
  • edited July 2017
    ;hmm

DG has this morning re-tweeted an article that says Bilic believes signings are 'pretty close'.

A subtle hint as to what today may bring...?
  • Don't go to bed...... ;lol
  • edited July 2017
    I would 'assume' that the contract being discussed would cover this seasons wages, next seasons wages should we retain him, the loan fee and the final transfer fee.
    Hart has 2 years left on his contract so the purchase price would reflect the 1 year remaining. I also believe that City won't be punitive with Hart reflecting the service he has given them and the fact they are getting rid of him.
    Once he signs (?) he would be ours to decide upon his immediate future and also I don't see £100k being an issue.

Get it done.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Is Assuage our new striker ;puzzled

Isn't Assuage the bloke from WikiLeaks?

• Striker please
  • If we sign Hart on loan for a year and he proves he's worth the wages he wants then sign him, if he does not, then don't sign him. To me it's that simple but then many people think I'm simple anyway.
  • Never mind about hart we need STRIKERS.
  • Improve the biggest problem first, which is defence and defensive organisation.

Then look for strikers.

Owners doing an excellent job so far.
  • Or do both simultaneously....
  • Which they appear to be doing...
  • I'm sure they are. They need to be very careful which striker(s) they sign. Too many they have signed have not worked out for one reason or another
  • Paper talk this morning is that the Hart deal is nearly done, with Citeh paying half his wages, and a permanent option at the end of the year, possibly for £10m.

That is a great deal for us ;ok

• Owners doing an excellent job so far.

By signing 1 player on a free transfer?
    (Hart not done yet)

Still no strikers signed.

Excellent job so far?

;hmm
  • If Hart is as done as we're hearing, then yes, excellent job ;ok
  • IronHerb said:

Or do both simultaneously....

Of course they're trying to do this, but I'm happier they've got our biggest issue sorted before signing strikers to keep certain sections of fans happy.

We could have Ronaldo up front but if our defensive organisation is as shambolic as it was last season it won't make much difference.
  • Twist

It sounds like an excellent deal, but there is no way to know if that IS the deal.
  • I'm sure they are. They need to be very careful which striker(s) they sign. Too many they have signed have not worked out for one reason or another

But you don't know that until you've signed them....
  • I'm pretty happy with the Hart deal if it is indeed 50% wages and a loan deal with the option to buy

What I am a bit annoyed at is the insistence on buying players ONLY for right now

I mean I understand.....but you can argue that our 3 most successful signings last year were Masuaka (22), Fernandes (20) and Fletcher (20) as well as signing the highly rated Quina and Martinez

Think we need to find the right balance between first teamers and exciting prospects as younger players if anything present the possibility of profit from sales in the future
  • Champo - I suppose they think that we are well stocked with 'prospects' after the last summer transfer window? I do concur with them, actually, that our priority now HAS to be to sign players who will improve the first XI.
  • IronHerb said:

Or do both simultaneously....

Of course they're trying to do this, but I'm happier they've got our biggest issue sorted before signing strikers to keep certain sections of fans happy.

We could have Ronaldo up front but if our defensive organisation is as shambolic as it was last season it won't make much difference.
    We could get Ronaldo!

;puzzled
  • Yeah, the fat one. ;biggrin
  • IronHerb said:

Yeah, the fat one. ;biggrin

;lol
This discussion has been closed.