Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• 14-15 - Samuelsen, Dobson, Henry (released), Hendrie (released)

15-16 Makasi, Martinez

16-17 Fletcher, Fernandes, Holland, Quina

Plus a good few pushing from our own youth set up.

Can't say the club aren't looking to the future.
  • Searching the FA rule book for the rule that says no one is able to haggle with Spurs and are duty bound to pay any figure requested.

£45 million for Walker........ I ask you !

• 15-16 Makasi, Martinez

And Lanzini signed then, aged 22.
  • How much!!!!!
  • edited July 2017

Searching the FA rule book for the rule that says no one is able to haggle with Spurs and are duty bound to pay any figure requested.

Well, Keane went to Everton for £30m.

#crazyprices

Man City have spent about £123m so far, including £35m on a GK. Which is twice what they spent on buying one the year before (that was Claudio Bravo, at £17m)
  • Searching the FA rule book for the rule that says no one is able to haggle with Spurs and are duty bound to pay any figure requested.

On a bright note they did a straight swap for Sigunson and Ben Davis, one is now worth 50m.....
  • Nearly at the 100 page goal.
  • Nearly at the 'this thread is now too long at nearly 3000 posts, time to close it and open a new one' goal.
  • So Keane went to Everton for £30m.

#crazyprices

You can get Alan, Wayne, Merrill, Jay, Donny and Little Jimmy too these days for way less than £30m. Marie might even put in an appearance too. Given a choice between the two options I'd probably just ... save my money.

#crazyhorses
  • But only nearly...
  • Whilst I agree, the prices these days seem crazy, and there seems to be no peak to the levels that could be achieved, the market dictates the prices. Kyle walker, £45m, if Citeh pay it, then that's what he's worth ;doh
  • Whilst I agree, the prices these days seem crazy, and there seems to be no peak to the levels that could be achieved, the market dictates the prices. Kyle walker, £45m, if Citeh pay it, then that's what he's worth ;doh

"These days people know the price of everything and the value of nothing."

One of Wilde's, I think.

• Wise man Wilde.
  • 82 v 81 and cost us nothing...

IMG_1269
    IMG_1270
  • 14-15 - Samuelsen, Dobson, Henry (released), Hendrie (released)

15-16 Makasi, Martinez

16-17 Fletcher, Fernandes, Holland, Quina

Plus a good few pushing from our own youth set up.

Can't say the club aren't looking to the future.

Doniel Henry still has a year left on his contract, he was on loan at AC Horsens in Denmark this season until he tore a knee ligament in November, no idea when he's due to resume training
  • I'm not so sure that £30m for Keane is crazy, I think he'll be class in a couple of years time.

The Walker money is nuts though, he's not even as good as Trippier imo. Spurs robbing clubs blind, again.
  • Just beginning to get a bit twitchy now. Four weeks away from the start of the season and our squad is smaller than it was when last season ended.

I know it's about quality over quantity, but I'd have liked to have a couple of deals tied up by now.
  • eski, for me it's the difference between proven and unproven.

One is 1st choice RB at a top 6-4(ish) club, established international. Best crosser in the league (or something, according to the stats).
    The other is only just what I would call barely an established PL player, with acouple of caps in friendlies.

I know the value is just what the buying club is willing to pay, but it's clear with Keane they are taking a gamble (because they can afford it) on him improving a lot over the next season or two.
  • The latest rumour is that Man City want a £5m loan fee for Hart; we're only prepared to pay £2m...
  • edited July 2017
    http://www.whu606.com/discussion/comment/864097/#Comment_864097

Cecil Graham's response:
    "And a sentimentalist, my dear Darlington, is a man who sees an absurd value in everything and doesn’t know the market price of any single thing."
  • OCS

And claims we have agreed to pay 90% of his £130 000 wages.

Yet yesterday, the papers said we were paying half of his £100 000.wages.

It's almost like they make it up...
  • Nothing yet then ;weep

It's right after the rule that says Sullivan and Gold are not able to haggle with anyone and are duty bound to pay any figure requested if they don't want to be labelled cheap.
  • I still ;pray that we end up with the batman
  • If they get Aubameyang I will also have renewed hope for Bats ;pray
  • Has long it isn't the fat man or the joker
  • Even if Chelsea sign another striker, they won't sell Bats, because Costa will be leaving.
  • So is it time to be concerned that Joe Hart hasn't been concluded yet?
  • No - it'll happen
  • IMO

Chelsea will sign 2 strikers

Bats will be a loan target

Someone else will get him ;weep ( I thought I did all my ;weep the other day but apparently I had at least one ;weep left)
This discussion has been closed.